Maurizio Sarri (63 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
On paper it was better, but due to injuries I’d say it was worse in practice. No Chiellini, Demiral, Douglas Costa, Ramsey for large parts of the season. De Sciglio and Danilo’s injuries meant Cuadrado and Sandro has to run themselves into the ground.
Last year we had a forward who worked well with Ronaldo (Mandzukic) and a good right back.
Having said that, there’s no excuse for the number of goals we conceded or for our lack of intensity. That alone is a sackable offence IMO.
we didn’t have Dougie C at all last year, and no Chiellini in the most important matches of the season against Ajax. Plus no De Ligt, so we were forced to play Bonucci-Rugani against Ajax. And obviously we didn’t Rabiot, Ramsey, Higuain, Demiral in the team either last year. So I’d Say we definitely had a better team this year. The biggest downgrade was losing Mandzukic, but Sarri actually was the reason for it. So...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
On paper it was better, but due to injuries I’d say it was worse in practice. No Chiellini, Demiral, Douglas Costa, Ramsey for large parts of the season. De Sciglio and Danilo’s injuries meant Cuadrado and Sandro has to run themselves into the ground.
Last year we had a forward who worked well with Ronaldo (Mandzukic) and a good right back.
Having said that, there’s no excuse for the number of goals we conceded or for our lack of intensity. That alone is a sackable offence IMO.

And that is the point. This squad was more talented in September of 2019 than it was in May of 2019.

And we are going to give Sarri a pass for injuries? Injuries that in part were due to him excluding two fully fit players off of the team, and a refusal to rotate his squad, which he knew was on the older side?

I don't think so.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I think you missed the main point there, that dude is literally saying that the squad was much worst, even downgraded this season compared to the last, which is total BS.

Overall yes, we obviously need to add some WC players and get rid of the deadwood, but that's a different story.
In what department did we improve for real? The new names performed nowhere near as expected. They are just not good enough. The old players got older and more fragile. They did not want and could not change for Sarri. Where was Sarri's fault in all of this? He should have invented a youth elixir probably?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Or he could have done what a lot of other coaches do, and adjust his scheme to the players he has.

But obviously he didn't.
:tup:

Apparently it doesn’t matter that Allegri had us play in two CL finals, being the only team to knock out both Barca and Madrid during their dominant runs, and always be competitive there with the best sides until his very last season. Allegri style players suck and aren’t fit for modern football and winning :lol2:

Add to that the weird excuse about midfield not scoring. That’s Sarri tactics. His goals at Napoli always came predominately from his forwards. First Higuain, Callejon, Insigne, and then Mertens, Milik, Callejon, Insigne. His midfielders never really made many runs into the box, and were there mostly to builD up play behind the forwards with quick passing triangles trying to open space for the forwards ahead of them.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
We had Chiellini injured for the most crucial part of the last season too, then Cuadrado just aswell + Costa both injured and suspended for majority of the season, we played fricking Rugani-Bonucci both legs against Ajax and you are going to tell me that in practice we were stronger last year? We had Rabiot as an added plus in midfield aswell + an inform Dybala and more matured Bentancur, a Buffon joining back for dressing room harmonny this season and nevermind other factors that would again cut that narrative short, so whatever.

I just disagree so let's leave it at that because today should be a day to relax and enjoy, forza Juve and may the next coach make the most of what he is being given as that's just the way it goes.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Happy Birthday Brother. May your girl give you a happy ending to top this day off.

I'm thinking of legally changing my Birthday to today, just so I can celebrate more :lol:

I almost feel guilty about being so happy about someone potentially losing their livelihood, and that really is beneath me.

But, there is a first time for everything
Thank you brother! I’ll even give myself a happy ending if I had to lol

I can definitely give you a shoutout when I blow the candles later

I’m so so happy today, yesterday was tough on all of us I guess. What saddened me the most was his comments after the game.

Don’t feel guilty, you should be proud of being a true fan of this team, but mostly proud of waiting the whole year for this day. It’s been a very tough year, hopefully this change will be the first ray of a glorious sunrise. I got hopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
In what department did we improve for real? The new names performed nowhere near as expected. They are just not good enough. The old players got older and more fragile. They did not want and could not change for Sarri. Where was Sarri's fault in all of this? He should have invented a youth elixir probably?
Why are you so agitated btw? Don't worry, i'm pretty sure that unfortunately(for majority of us, perhaps fortunately for you) Allegri won't be returning this soon so just chillax and move on.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
:tup:

Apparently it doesn’t matter that Allegri had us play in two CL finals, being the only team to knock out both Barca and Madrid during their dominant runs, and always be competitive there with the best sides until his very last season. Allegri style players suck and aren’t fit for modern football and winning :lol2:

Add to that the weird excuse about midfield not scoring. That’s Sarri tactics. His goals at Napoli always came predominately from his forwards. First Higuain, Callejon, Insigne, and then Mertens, Milik, Callejon, Insigne. His midfielders never really made many runs into the box, and were there mostly to builD up play behind the forwards with quick passing triangles trying to open space for the forwards ahead of them.
Allegri had significantly better midfielders at his disposal when we reached those finals and they were younger. We had also younger Barza, Chiello, Bonnuci, Higuain, Buffon, Alves. Can you compare Danilo to Alves? Current defense to BBC? Pjanic now to Pjanic then? Higuain now to Higuain of the past?
The last two years of Allegri's reign were ridden with embarrassing defeats, lackluster performances, and obvious signs of a decline. All of this just culminated last season when our old players grew older, the new signings were total shit and the whole team was unfit to the new coach's philosophy.

Last edited:

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
I don’t post very often, but even though letting go of Sarri was the right decision - lets also give him some deserved credit.
- The revival of Dybala, and created a great partnership with Ronaldo
- Maybe not full credit to Sarri, but Demiral turned out to be a fantastic signing, and he slowly turned the best out of De Ligt
- Rabiot slowly showing some of his potential
- Finally showing that Pjanic is past his prime, resulting in a great swap with Arthur
- Bentancur continuing his great development
- Converting Cuadrado to RB

All the best to Sarri going forward, and for working his ass off the last year, but this is the best decision for everyone - letting him go

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Too bad we didn’t sack this shitstain 3 months ago. Doesn’t deserve the scudetto this club and the players won for him. His trophy cabinet should have stayed bare, and we’d still be in CL right now, taking home an extra 30-40 mil.

Better late than never I suppose. If only he could be tarred and feathered on his way out as one last gesture of gratitude.

Mar 10, 2009
Sarri needed fast, dynamic players with stamina but got turtle Pjanic, clueless Matuidi, overrated Bentancur, and Rabiot, who spent half the season learning his teammates' names. These four guys were repeatedly overrun and outsmarted by almost everyone. They have in them in total 25 minutes of fast intensive football per game while Sarri needs a full 90.
These are Allegri signings not fit for modern football. They are not the top-notch technical players needed to win CL. One of them could work in a midfield surrounded by more creative players but all four of them - never.
Alen provided you with stats that prove beyond doubt how awful our midfield was in the creative department. I really do not need them but some people should try to get their heads out of their asses and see where the real problems are.
Regardless, he should have still done a lot better. The teams we lost against were vastly inferior.

Something is definitely going wrong with Juve this past couple of years; We went from a team who got knocked out from Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid to the likes of Ajax and Lyon. We can't take advantage of favorable draws.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I don’t post very often, but even though letting go of Sarri was the right decision - lets also give him some deserved credit.
- The revival of Dybala, and created a great partnership with Ronaldo
- Maybe not full credit to Sarri, but Demiral turned out to be a fantastic signing, and he slowly turned the best out of De Ligt
- Rabiot slowly showing some of his potential
- Finally showing that Pjanic is past his prime, resulting in a great swap with Arthur
- Bentancur continuing his great development
- Converting Cuadrado to RB

All the best to Sarri going forward, and for working his ass off the last year, but this is the best decision for everyone - letting him go
I agree. I am highly critical of Sarri. Never wanted him here and wanted him gone after the first leg defeat to Lyon. But if anyone says he didn't improve a single player at Juve, they are delusional, lying or extremely biased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)