Mauricio Pochettino and other coaches (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He would be a good pick. But he's very young.

And? What does his age have to do with anything. Some people here pushing for Pirlo to be the coach, and he has absolutely no experience whatsoever

Nagelsmann>>>>>>>>>>> Any coach that we are faintly or seriously linked to.

This club wants to make a statement? Get one of the more brilliant, young football minds in here ASAP.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I have a name, and it is REALLY thinking outside the box, but in my opinion, could be the perfect coach for this club for next year, and the next 10 years.

Julian Nagelsmann
He would be good choice, but we are Juve. We would rather go for Mancini or Spaletti. :cry:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I have a name, and it is REALLY thinking outside the box, but in my opinion, could be the perfect coach for this club for next year, and the next 10 years.

Julian Nagelsmann
I'd rather get a world class coach and not gamble. Sure, every pick is a gamble at some level, but I'd rather get somebody who was getting big trophies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And a coach in Nagelsmann that actaully isn't afraid to change formations and tactics. That would be a refreshing idea around these parts

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather get a world class coach and not gamble. Sure, every pick is a gamble at some level, but I'd rather get somebody who was getting big trophies.

Like who?

I'll wait. Because there are MAYBE 3 of them in the world. And 2 of those coaches (Klopp and ZZ) have no reason to leave whatsoever.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
And? What does his age have to do with anything. Some people here pushing for Pirlo to be the coach, and he has absolutely no experience whatsoever

Nagelsmann>>>>>>>>>>> Any coach that we are faintly or seriously linked to.

This club wants to make a statement? Get one of the more brilliant, young football minds in here ASAP.
I'm not saying his youth is negative. He's been successful in Germany and in the CL. Would be a good match. I just can't remember then last time Juventus hired a youngish manager.

That said, if this club signs Pirlo as a manager, they 100% have no idea what they are doing.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It seems like this club is very oriented towards an Italian manager in that respect I'd say Inzaghi is the obvious choice. Once Sarri is inevitably canned of course which, unfortunately, won't be this season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And a coach in Nagelsmann that actaully isn't afraid to change formations and tactics. That would be a refreshing idea around these parts

- - - Updated - - -

Like who?

I'll wait. Because there are MAYBE 3 of them in the world. And 2 of those coaches (Klopp and ZZ) have no reason to leave whatsoever.
I never thought about it tbh so I don't know.

But I know one thing. Coaches leave. I don't think they need to be fired in order for us to get them.

Either way I don't want to have Sarri here but I'll be pissed if we get some coach without experience or some ex-player. I wouldn't mind that guy you mentioned, not at all, but do I see us get him? Nahhhh.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not saying his youth is negative. He's been successful in Germany and in the CL. Would be a good match. I just can't remember then last time Juventus hired a youngish manager.

That said, if this club signs Pirlo as a manager, they 100% have no idea what they are doing.

Quite frankly, Nagelsmann was the first person I thought of. However, this club has the Montreal Canadiens Coaching Syndrome, where any coach for Montreal has to be able to speak French, it seems that any Juve coach has to be Italian.

Which is a fucking joke, of course, considering we let the best one go last year.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

But I know one thing. Coaches leave. I don't think they need to be fired in order for us to get them.

Either way I don't want to have Sarri here but I'll be pissed if we get some coach without experience or some ex-player. I wouldn't mind that guy you mentioned, not at all, but do I see us get him? Nahhhh.
Klopp wants to leave in 2024. So there you go.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

And that's really the crux of the issue, isn't it man?

Not whether he would be a good fit for us, because I think he'd be fucking fantastic, but we won't hire a non-Italian manager. It's been who know how long since we have done that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Quite frankly, Nagelsmann was the first person I thought of. However, this club has the Montreal Canadiens Coaching Syndrome, where any coach for Montreal has to be able to speak French, it seems that any Juve coach has to be Italian.

Which is a fucking joke, of course, considering we let the best one go last year.
Yeah, I can't get over that. Juve have this odd preference for super rigid managers even back to the Capello days.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And that's really the crux of the issue, isn't it man?

Not whether he would be a good fit for us, because I think he'd be fucking fantastic, but we won't hire a non-Italian manager. It's been who know how long since we have done that.
Didier Deschamps. Like 15 years ago. And 1971 before that. So yeah, forget about it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Didier Deschamps. Like 15 years ago. And 1971 before that. So yeah, forget about it.

And quite frankly, I forgot about DD, because that was during Serie B, so really there wasn't anything to lose at that point. It's not as if the squad was going to stay in B, even if you and I were coaching that squad.

So in essence, it has been 50 years in Serie A since we hired a Non-Italian coach. Might be time for a change in that philosophy

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pochettino's statement about trophies should immediately disqualify him from any consideration by us.

Our next coach must be a winner, must have experience dealing with big players and must not be a stubborn mule when it comes to tactics.

Obvious answer is bring Max back, but that's probably not happening.

Most others are unattainable like ZZ, Simeone, Pep so that leaves Deschamps and maybe Inzaghi but can he handle our locker room?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Juve fans in general wouldn't be satisfied with any coach except Zidane and we won't get him. Juve should get a coach with potential to be good.

Poch improved Spurs from midtable to top 4 and made them relevant in CL. The important thing with a coach is to see if he improves his team. I'm not bothered with his comments, thats simply mind games to alleviate pressure from his players. Here he'd become a winner.

Jun 16, 2020
I don’t care about trophies or experience with big players if we hire someone from a smaller club. Our best managers came from smaller clubs, Lippi, Trapattoni and Conte didn’t win much as managers before coming to us. Allegri had 1 Scudetto. Have to say that Conte and Trapattoni had a great career as a players, but as we know that doesn’t say much of their coaching abilities.

If we talk about Poch, he has been at Tottenham for 5 years and the only remarkable thing he did was reaching the CL final, with all the luck in the world. And he’s asking a crazy salary, I’m no fan.

Have to say I have a personal preference for Italians, as I’d also like to see having us a Italian core again. But in general there are not a lot of interesting options available.

After Serie B I always had a soft spot for Deschamps, but he won’t come a year before te European Championship.

Allegri remains interesting, but I doubt they will hire him back.

That leaves us with the likes of Inzaghi, Gasperini, Zauli, D’Aversa and De Zerbi. Perhaps I’m forgetting someone?

As long as they’re not as blind as Sarri and they know how to organize a team. Organization has always been our strongest side, I don’t want another year of blindness and fake tiki taka. And the coach should be very good with young players as we’ll have quit a few of them next year. And the ability to anticipate on certain situations when there’s the need to have tactical flexibility.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Julian Nagelsmann
I been saying this for couple of years, future Juve coach, but he is still young and feels like Bayern or EPL bound eventually. Dont think Serie A hired any German coaches in long while.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Firstly after taking a gamble with Sarri now we want to do the same with Pochettino a person with zero trophies who should have won the premier League trophy when Leicester city won it on top of it his expensive salary we might have better choice in hiring de zerbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)