Matthijs de Ligt (83 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Stevie and @Xperd its not a new quote, its the same quote that was circulating for days now, about Bayern training being tougher in fitness training. For some reason that twitter link quoted just repeats it in italian. Its not much to care about IMO. Just good PR for them. Only thing that stands out is Nagelsmann bragging about it like a proud mom.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
@Stevie and @Xperd its not a new quote, its the same quote that was circulating for days now, about Bayern training being tougher in fitness training. For some reason that twitter link quoted just repeats it in italian. Its not much to care about IMO. Just good PR for them. Only thing that stands out is Nagelsmann bragging about it like a proud mom.
I know I've already read the quote on FI, I'm just bursting balls.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Is it fashionable for players who move to a club to talk about how the new training sessions are hard? Evra said the same thing about United.
Whatever makes you a fan favorite.
This time its the coach expressing shock at what he heard and saw from the player he just bought.

And seeing how unfit our team looked last year it's not that far fetched.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There isn't only one way to train players, but it's obviously easier if you have younger and fitter players to kill them in training. There is a point where it does become a problem, you can't just kill them every session.

Conte works in an extreme way, other coaches have their own ways.

Like everything else in football it becomes a problem with results only.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This time its the coach expressing shock at what he heard and saw from the player he just bought.

And seeing how unfit our team looked last year it's not that far fetched.
so the difference is that it’s not a direct quote? Not sure how that’s relevant.
I wonder if same (lack of fitness) can be said about the United that Evra played and won everything. I’m not really sure super hard training sessions will translate into more fitness later in the season. Most of the complaints here were that our training sessions are so focused on running and fitness that causes many injuries early in the season. MDL’s indirect quote is completely against that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
so the difference is that it’s not a direct quote? Not sure how that’s relevant.
I wonder if same (lack of fitness) can be said about the United that Evra played and won everything. I’m not really sure super hard training sessions will translate into more fitness later in the season. Most of the complaints here were that our training sessions are so focused on running and fitness that causes many injuries early in the season. MDL’s indirect quote is completely against that.
The people jumping on this quote and saying our fitness training is too light are the same people who complained we focus too much on fitness training previous years. :lol:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The people jumping on this quote and saying our fitness training is too light are the same people who complained we focus too much on fitness training previous years. :lol:
The diff between Kulusevski in Juve and Spurs was a stark one fitness wise. Whatever it is, obv our physios are not getting the job done, no need to be the devils advocate here.

Of course it doesnt excuse the Bayerns coach one bit, he's still a classless bum, just like many in that org

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The diff between Kulusevski in Juve and Spurs was a stark one fitness wise. Whatever it is, obv our physios are not getting the job done, no need to be the devils advocate here.

Of course it doesnt excuse the Bayerns coach one bit, he's still a classless bum, just like many in that org
I don’t think anybody disagrees that Juve squad in general were extremely lethargic last season. But attributing it to lax training sessions is too simplistic.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Did Kulu have fitness issues at Juve? From what I remember, his issue was making moronic decisions in or near the opponents box over and over again. The open play style of the PL suits him a lot more than the zero space that Serie A defenders will give you, especially if you’re a big team like Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)