Matthijs de Ligt (25 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Tici really shit the bed with this one on the salary side.
it was different pre-covid though.

letting both demiral and romero go were bigger mistakes. we could have used either of them this season. chiellini is like a luxury player at this point unfortunately.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe he will become a world class defender in the future, but for now he has nothing on demiral or Romero.
He just doesn't justify his buy price or wages.
Sell, buy Bremer and a left back with the money and we have a stronger squad overall.
This post has 9 ratings.

3 funny ratings.
5 wat ratings.

...And 1 thumbs up rating by RUS.

All you need to know about RUS when he talks about football right there.
I'm ready for some more wat and funny ratings Dai. :)
The only thing is that the jokes is on Juve, not my posting.
85 million defender and 12 million salary. We could of have both demiral and Romero and a world class mid with the money we spent on de ligt.
Hard to see any loss in quality.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
it was different pre-covid though.

letting both demiral and romero go were bigger mistakes. we could have used either of them this season. chiellini is like a luxury player at this point unfortunately.
Na, even pre-covid, making him our second best paid player was a rubbish decision. I understand the transfer fees, but the salary was just too much for a 20 year old defender. At the time he was in the top 5 or so best paid defender while not being one.
I like him, I hope we keep him. But it looks increasingly difficult. Worse still, I don't see anyone paying enough for him for us to make a decent return either.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
some blame is on him yes, but where is the monster defender we saw with ajax that destroyed benzema and ronaldo as an 18 year old?

this is on allegri. allegri is cause

Mar 9, 2006
85 million my ass, people are laughing at Maguire.....Chiello is even screaming to him and pointing his hand that he can't mark both of Bologna players but DL just don't care, and they are playing for 3rd year together :lol: Maybe he doesn't understand italian, i have no idea how can he do the same stupid mistake with rushing like an idiot again and again
asdasd.jpg

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
85 million my ass, people are laughing at Maguire.....Chiello is even screaming to him and pointing his hand that he can't mark both of Bologna players but DL just don't care, and they are playing for 3rd year together Maybe he doesn't understand italian, i have no idea how can he do the same stupid mistake with rushing like an idiot again and again
asdasd.jpg
Look at the two midfielders just watching the Bologna player with the ball, he was caught between a rock and a hard place.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Look at the two midfielders just watching the Bologna player with the ball, he was caught between a rock and a hard place.
Danilo challenged the other guy when he received the ball, but when Soriano picked it up, Danilo was closer to goal and started to run (jog) back already. Instead of closing down strong, he immediately looked at Rabiot who was also jogging with no immediate threat on his side. We set up into a 5 man backline before the entry pass, and 2 mids infront. De Sciglio was too far wide too, for a "RCB". De Ligt came out to pick up the immediate threat, because no one else was gonna, and he relied on Chiellini and MDS there. If anything, he should have come out sooner imo

Mar 9, 2006
Danilo challenged the other guy when he received the ball, but when Soriano picked it up, Danilo was closer to goal and started to run (jog) back already. Instead of closing down strong, he immediately looked at Rabiot who was also jogging with no immediate threat on his side. We set up into a 5 man backline before the entry pass, and 2 mids infront. De Sciglio was too far wide too, for a "RCB". De Ligt came out to pick up the immediate threat, because no one else was gonna, and he relied on Chiellini and MDS there. If anything, he should have come out sooner imo
Therefore he often finds himself in a half position and leaves a hole in the defense behind him.

Oct 23, 2011
It's always difficult for a defender when an attacker comes rushing at him. De Ligt actually did the right thing to step forward to prevent Soriano from shooting, but Chiellini kept Arnautovic onside. Also based on that picture Pelligrini should have been a little bit more central (mirroring De Sciglio's positioning).

But Soriano bypassed Dybala (and Danilo) through a simple 1-2, and that is unacceptable. Anyway, De Ligt didn't have a good game but that goal can't really be blamed on him.

Mar 9, 2006
Because the line Infront collapsed. He either goes out and tries to stop Soriano, or he sticks to Arnautovic, in which case, who should pick up Soriano in your opinion?
In this case his should have listen to Chiellini but instead he rushes then stops then he's being caught in half position and was unable to intercept the pass and Arnautovic has scored

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)