Matthijs de Ligt (37 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah the guy fell asleep but he wasn't the only one on the pitch you know. After 3-0 the team stopped running but maintained high defensive line which is a suicide.

The kid is only 20, he'll come good. Good thing we didn't drop the points.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Sarri now is forced to bench him in the next game. Demiral or Rugani will now get a try, and rightfully so. You cannot reward De Ligt with a starting place after this travesty. At fault for all three goals, at least partially.

I believe in him. Long term. But he has a long way to go
Nah, he should start again.

That would crush his confidence.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
It felt like his whole body gave up on him after 60 mins. Dude couldn't catch his breath, let alone catching Lozano.

I hope criticism doesn't bother him because he's gonna have a lot of it, after matches like this it's unavoidable.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He is out of form, first half he was very good, second half he looked very slow and tired. Probably is because he is adapting to Serie A, he needs more matches to be judge well
:agree:

He was superb for 60 mins then looked really shaky. He did go down with cramp, so I hope he just had a physical issue because it was a sudden drop from him.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Maybe you're right. Objectively he deserves the bench, though, but it could be a smart decision to instill confidence by giving him another chance. Hope he takes it
Yeah, but if we gave Bonucci 3 years to become a good defender I don't think we should crucify De Ligt after one bad game.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I think that would be a wrong move. Him and Bonucci need to start developing their partnership. If not we are fucked.
Fair enough. Perhaps you're right.

Tonight he delivered a true stinker, it was Legrottaglie at his worst and then some, but this cannot be his true level. Perhaps we just have to show more faith

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
aside from being a new player, in a new league, new language, and new partner in defense

he's also 20 years old. mistakes happen when you twenty. put up and let him learn.

would you want to be fired everytime you make a mistake at work?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Without Chiellini we're fucked anyway.
A De Ligt - Chiellini partnership would work, but a De Ligt - Bonucci one feels like a really bad fit.
Yes, any team will be fucked without it's best defender. De Ligt - Bonucci is the best we can have, which really could be worse.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
aside from being a new player, in a new league, new language, and new partner in defense

he's also 20 years old. mistakes happen when you twenty. put up and let him learn.

would you want to be fired everytime you make a mistake at work?
yes. I mean no

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
He was playing like a no nonsense defender, he straight kicked the ball as far as possible quite a few times. His mistakes were for other reasons, not because he was trying to be fancy.
He is liability in the set pieces and the second goal where he allowed lozano to just make a run in the six yard without tracking him reminded me of legrottagile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)