Matías Soulé (9 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was comparing Soule today to the player Dybala was in 2014/15 for Palermo, at a similar age (20 turning 21 in the season):

MATIAS SOULE
- 18 appearances
- 5 normal goals
- 3 penalty goals
- 1 assist
- Frosinone have scored 25 goals at this stage
- Soule involved in 36.0% of goals

PAULO DYBALA
- 34 appearances
- 10 normal goals
- 3 penalty goals
- 10 assists
- Palermo scored 53 goals that season
- Dybala involved in 43.4% of goals

Note that Soule’s assist numbers are down because his teammates aren’t converting as they should. His expected assists based on the quality of chances he creates is 3.45, and also, Frosinone is a worse team than Palermo was (but even so, Dybala contributed to a higher percentage of their total goals).

All things considered, it’s not bad to say that 20-21 year old Soule is almost as good as 20-21 year old Dybala.
The real important question though…

Would Soule score 40 goals and win Balon d’Or if Sarri was his coach?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I doubt this. The same money we got for him we’d need to sign another player who will me more expensive.
But we need some capital gains. Tici put us in a difficult position and unfortunately we'll need some gains. When you look at the squad there aren't may options available. Selling a youth player with a small book value for a big price would help massively.

Other side of the coin is we could get a productive player, on low wages and low amortisation by keeping him.

It really just depends how much Allegri/Guintoli value him and whether they prioritise short term or long term accounting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
But we need some capital gains. Tici put us in a difficult position and unfortunately we'll need some gains. When you look at the squad there aren't may options available. Selling a youth player with a small book value for a big price would help massively.

Other side of the coin is we could get a productive player, on low wages and low amortisation by keeping him.

It really just depends how much Allegri/Guintoli value him and whether they prioritise short term or long term accounting.

sell chiesa. soule is better at everything than chiesa. chiesa is only better at being a headless chicken

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He will decline imo. His top level career started 6 months ago. He dreams of Argentina NT and being seen as breakout top player. Won't get that growth in Saudi as a 20 year old, just a big check.
Oh I think he’ll decline too.

But if another offer comes in the summer from a non-bullshit club, I can see him leaving and is happily accepting an offer of €30m (maybe even lower) We are broke.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I don't doubt we would sell after good enough offer. And he would accept if he sees we want to sell and club offering is good.

But I just doubt Saudi is option for this kid.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Soule isnt stupid enough to go to the Saudi League. If Juve want to sell him, there will be plenty of quality clubs after him.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Last edited:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We're kinda dumb selling potential underdeveloped talents so readily when we're now at a stage where our entire Summer budget can't afford 1 single top player below 30.

If we don't start getting a semi regular flow of talents We're fucked (in CL)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)