Matías Soulé (6 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It would be nice if we shifted our gameplan even just 10 yards upfield on average though. We don’t have to play a super high line, but tilting the balance even a little further forward would be welcomed

Yep, how we play is embarrassing. Use defence as an excuse to play like cowards who don't want the ball against the worst teams in the league.

You can still play attacking and be disciplined and organised in press to defend as a team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yep, how we play is embarrassing. Use defence as an excuse to play like cowards who don't want the ball against the worst teams in the league.

You can still play attacking and be disciplined and organised in press to defend as a team.
:tup:

That’s why the second half against Samp was nice to watch. Even after the third goal we still remained high up the pitch and took the game to them, pressed hard, and if not for Dusan having a shocker would have scored 6+ goals. Albeit, it was against the worst team in the league, but baby steps ya know. Now to just play like this on the regular, at the very least against inferior sides.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Tactically he was excellent, he did a brilliant job sitting on Brozovic who was very quiet.

He linked up play relatively well but he needs to back himself more around the box. Far too often he wants to get rid of the ball. He needs to just try to put his laces through some shots.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Tactically he was excellent, he did a brilliant job sitting on Brozovic who was very quiet.

He linked up play relatively well but he needs to back himself more around the box. Far too often he wants to get rid of the ball. He needs to just try to put his laces through some shots.
Yeah had one chance should've taken the shot on. Good game for him all things considered, not an easy one

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He had a great first half imo and then just faded. But he’s very good on the ball. He needs to hit the weight room or something his shots/passes are all touch no power.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's a very, very bad sign when a player is clear on goal, 15 metres out, directly in front and he passes it off. It's something that Bernardeschi would often do. You can't teach players to want to score. It's instinctual. Nor can you coach the timidity out of a player.

I don't see anything in this kid worth liking. He's timid, slow and utterly predictable.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He had a great first half imo and then just faded. But he’s very good on the ball. He needs to hit the weight room or something his shots/passes are all touch no power.
yeah, he'd need some confidence in front of the goal though. there were a few situations when he should have taken the shot, instead of hesitating until the chance simply got away. let's hope it will come with experience

a year or so ago i didn't have too much hope for soulé, i thought he was still way too weak both physically and mentally for serie a. he still has to win me over but at least he's had acceptable cameos and a decent half today against a strong opponent

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
It's a very, very bad sign when a player is clear on goal, 15 metres out, directly in front and he passes it off. It's something that Bernardeschi would often do. You can't teach players to want to score. It's instinctual. Nor can you can't coach the timidity out of a player.

I don't see anything in this kid worth liking. He's timid, slow and utterly predictable.
This kid is the reason that Brozovic didn't get a sniff at the ball. He destroyed their functionality

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
It's a very, very bad sign when a player is clear on goal, 15 metres out, directly in front and he passes it off. It's something that Bernardeschi would often do. You can't teach players to want to score. It's instinctual. Nor can you can't coach the timidity out of a player.

And really young with almost no seria a exprince , he needs to be loaned for 1 season

Jun 16, 2020
yeah, he'd need some confidence in front of the goal though. there were a few situations when he should have taken the shot, instead of hesitating until the chance simply got away. let's hope it will come with experience

a year or so ago i didn't have too much hope for soulé, i thought he was still way too weak both physically and mentally for serie a. he still has to win me over but at least he's had acceptable cameos and a decent half today against a strong opponent
He’s been growing if I compare him to his years in the youth. He was more secure in front of the goal on lower levels but basically matured and doesn’t loses as many unnecessary balls. Same for Miretti btw. As time progresses they should both become more productive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)