Matías Soulé (4 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Similar and not the real deal? We should be very f*cking happy if Soulé gets to be as good as Dybala.
Imo banking on Dybala being the next Agüero was one of the first big mistakes by Marotta. He just wasn't as good as we needed him to be for our strategy to return to the very top of European football to pay off.

I'm concerned Soule won't be as good as we need him to be either. This time we don't need him to be a worldie, but I still don't think he'll become more notable than a Berardi or Cassano.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This guy Tuzzes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm nervous about the parallels between Soule and Dybala. We fell for Dybala's hype and in the end he wasn't the real deal. I feel like Soule is similar, and will never be a top player.

- - - Updated - - -

If a team with money come in for him we squeeze them for every last penny imo.
What do you base this assessment on?

Alsy dybala failed because he was mentally weak and physically frail and never tried to do anything about that.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Dybala's problem has always been his best position is a position rarely played in this era. In the era of 4-3-3s and 3-5-2s, he just doesn't have much of a place. Dybala in the era of playing an AM would thrive. He was good enough in a two-striker formation like the 3-5-2 but I think it wasted his true potential. He would've been a world class player. Instead, he was a top 20-25 player in the world. Still very very good.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Absolutely nothing as usual :grin:

Agree. Rich man's Giovinco. Always said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also why was he always so shiny and hairless?
I think soule has what it takes to be something special. He's talented and has shown some leadership qualities. Whether he chooses to keep working hard and improving well it's hard to say, but id gamble on him instead of dropping 50-60 on koopmeiners.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This guy Tuzzes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm nervous about the parallels between Soule and Dybala. We fell for Dybala's hype and in the end he wasn't the real deal. I feel like Soule is similar, and will never be a top player.

- - - Updated - - -

If a team with money come in for him we squeeze them for every last penny imo.

115 goals and multiple scudetto as the main best player wasn't good enough? Dybala was definitely a top player when he was healthy. He just wasn't a top 10 player in the game as he was hyped up to be (the Messi and Del Piero comparisons didnt help) initially due to natural ability and style of play. Didnt do much in CL (except for the historic 3-0 game lol), but was fantastic domestically.

Soule can only dream about kinda career Dybala had imo. Is his absolute best case scenario. Don't let a loan to Frosinone mislead you that much. Dybala in Palermo as a teen looked like top player in the league already.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying that Dybala failed is quite a stretch. If that’s failing almost every signing we ever had failed.

Yep agreed, it's insane to read the level of negative revisionism about Dybala in his post Juve career. Just because he was injury prone final years and left on free, suddenly he was just a dime dozen player, a low ceiling or cautionary example for young juve players... and not a key best player in very successful Juve era.

Some people need a reminder:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
115 goals and multiple scudetto as the main best player wasn't good enough? Dybala was definitely a top player when he was healthy. He just wasn't a top 10 player in the game as he was hyped up to be (the Messi and Del Piero comparisons didnt help) initially due to natural ability and style of play. Didnt do much in CL (except for the historic 3-0 game lol), but was fantastic domestically.

Soule can only dream about kinda career Dybala had imo. Is his absolute best case scenario. Don't let a loan to Frosinone mislead you that much. Dybala in Palermo as a teen looked like top player in the league already.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep agreed, it's insane to read the level of negative revisionism about Dybala in his post Juve career. Just because he was injury prone final years and left on free, suddenly he was just a dime dozen player, a low ceiling or cautionary example for young juve players... and not a key best player in very successful Juve era.

Some people need a reminder:

It's really weird to see. There's no good reason for it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's really weird to see. There's no good reason for it.

Combination of spent last 2 years injured, management and his car salesman agent fucked up a renewal that should been automatic, and he was invited to Argentina NT teammates Inter centric wedding which apparently is a no no.

And suddenly Tuz forgets entirely the fantastic key player he was for us for most of the 7 seasons he was with us. Its extreme case of recency bias. Treating a marvellous cherished icon of a player (litterally cried his eyes out in his last game) like he is a Materazzi type of scum ever since. Gleefully putting him down at every opportunity.

Last edited:

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
I'd keep him and Iling rotating with Chiesa and Yildiz on the wings if we switch to a three men front line next season under a new coach.
I'll sell Gatti, Kostic, Weah, Milik and Kean to raise funds.

That said, chances of us keeping all of Soule, Yildiz, Vlahovic and Chiesa are slim.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yildiz is not a real winger, plays in half spaces alot and quite patient in his style. Assume next coach will use him as SS or AM.

Chiesa left and Soule right makes sense for both.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Imo banking on Dybala being the next Agüero was one of the first big mistakes by Marotta. He just wasn't as good as we needed him to be for our strategy to return to the very top of European football to pay off.

I'm concerned Soule won't be as good as we need him to be either. This time we don't need him to be a worldie, but I still don't think he'll become more notable than a Berardi or Cassano.
Dybala helepd us reach a CL final. We're fighting to be in the UCL all together now. Let's be real and take it one step at the time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What is his suggested price tag?
At 40m he is definitely out and there is an option to make it higher but we need him to come back and be good and for this risk to even think about taking - Allegri needs to be replaced with someone who could manage him better and play a reasonable style of football

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Guys like him shouldnt be seen by us as an easy money but as someone who can become star here. What we have become if we are only thinking about cashing on him before even trying him. Seems like we are used to youngsters not living up to their hype. I agree though that he should only stay if we get another coach, but which of us will actually care about Juves next season if Max stays anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Guy pretty much has better stats this season than Chiesa at fucking Frosinone and is also healthier than Chiesa. We shouldnt sell Chiesa, but we should definitely bring this guy back 6 non penalty Goals, 4 Pens also hit woodwork four times, unlucky, but there is great potential. We just have to patient as he will be wasteful and needs some cover.

- - - Updated - - -

1711096846781.png

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Yildiz duel success is even better than Leao, we do have a gem here if he can keep this succes rate.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)