Matías Soulé (18 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I was comparing Soule today to the player Dybala was in 2014/15 for Palermo, at a similar age (20 turning 21 in the season):

MATIAS SOULE
- 18 appearances
- 5 normal goals
- 3 penalty goals
- 1 assist
- Frosinone have scored 25 goals at this stage
- Soule involved in 36.0% of goals

PAULO DYBALA
- 34 appearances
- 10 normal goals
- 3 penalty goals
- 10 assists
- Palermo scored 53 goals that season
- Dybala involved in 43.4% of goals

Note that Soule’s assist numbers are down because his teammates aren’t converting as they should. His expected assists based on the quality of chances he creates is 3.45, and also, Frosinone is a worse team than Palermo was (but even so, Dybala contributed to a higher percentage of their total goals).

All things considered, it’s not bad to say that 20-21 year old Soule is almost as good as 20-21 year old Dybala.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I was comparing Soule today to the player Dybala was in 2014/15 for Palermo, at a similar age (20 turning 21 in the season):

MATIAS SOULE
- 18 appearances
- 5 normal goals
- 3 penalty goals
- 1 assist
- Frosinone have scored 25 goals at this stage
- Soule involved in 36.0% of goals

PAULO DYBALA
- 34 appearances
- 10 normal goals
- 3 penalty goals
- 10 assists
- Palermo scored 53 goals that season
- Dybala involved in 43.4% of goals

Note that Soule’s assist numbers are down because his teammates aren’t converting as they should. His expected assists based on the quality of chances he creates is 3.45, and also, Frosinone is a worse team than Palermo was (but even so, Dybala contributed to a higher percentage of their total goals).

All things considered, it’s not bad to say that 20-21 year old Soule is almost as good as 20-21 year old Dybala.
Imo early Dybsie up until ~Higuain purchase and niggling injuries was on track to become a top5 striker in the world, the boy had it all and the trajectory was real promising, but its been downward ever since.

I dont get the same vibe from Soule, but maybe havent watched him enough.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think Dybala is/was a better finisher and they are slightly different players in that regard. You can put Dybala up top and he's a good CF but Soulé is more of a Di Maria. He's more balanced between creating and scoring, whereas Dybala scores.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We not doing him any favors comparing him to Dybala already, unless its strictly for playstyle reasons (which not true either, as others said more ADM). The talent gap is significant between them.

Dybala from first minute we saw him screamed very special talent. Seen couple Frosinone games, his confidence and execution is higher for sure. But Soule still seems like mid level/good player at best just on pure eye test.

But hopefully he comes back to us when we have a more attacking coach, think his ceiling with us will be higher then.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't see where Soule fits in with this 3-5-2 system that Allegri uses. Chances are he would deploy him as a second striker as he did with Di Maria at times. So he would ride the bench with us regardless. Plus he doesn't seem as quick as Di Maria even.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't see where Soule fits in with this 3-5-2 system that Allegri uses. Chances are he would deploy him as a second striker as he did with Di Maria at times. So he would ride the bench with us regardless. Plus he doesn't seem as quick as Di Maria even.
I think 3421 is an option in the future, just make sure that the 2 are players that also know how to press and have defensive duties. Probably not with Allegri though, he'd play McKennie or Miretti behind the striker lol.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
for even more comparisons with di maria. di maria played a cm for madrid. maybe soule can make himself into a cm/am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)