out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Check Allegri's statements/press conference from the first day he took over he never demanded anything less other than the treble from his players since day 1, give him any type of players and he will try to play for the win even if he knows it's hard/tough but he shows NO fear to opponents unlike previous coaches we had and that's including Conte, Allegri studies his oppositions tactically and with the resources that he has he tries to win, he even DEMANDED when he signed the contract for a huge bonus when he wins the CL and Marotta was puzzled for demanding such a thing and how full of confidence he was and then what? He almost won the treble in his first year taking Ancelott's Real out in the semi's and managing a Squad that almost had enough domestically from winning so much which is one of the toughest things he had to deal with, keeping them striving and hungry for titles.

The 2nd year he out-played tactically a VERY strong Bayern in both legs but was really unlucky with Evra's last min mistake, both Atletico and Real would have been knocked by Allegri's Juve last season I can easily say that.

In his 3rd year he outplays Barcelona in the Quarter finals that has lost first leg to PSG 4-0 and came to Turin avoiding most of the mistakes they've pulled in Paris but he obliged and forced them to make mistakes. He easily tops a tough group IMO toughest group that had Lyon and Seville in it.

You can give credits to Conte when he first came, but if any of you takes 1% credit from Allegri and give it to Conte then you must be $#@!ing idiot, Allegri today and since he took charge of Juve is the best Italian coach tactically and reads the games better than anyone, as simple as that.

What i would not agree is the comment of us besting tactically bayern in those 2 games. At the very least we need to mention the debacle of the first half , which we have repeated numerous times but somehow gets ignored. That was not tactical masterpaln, in fact we threw the tie in those 45 mins. The rest we did fine but the morata sub in the 2nd game also was subpar. He made his mistakes in that tie. Evra´s stupidity was the icing on the cake, but allegri did his share too.

That said, overall he has been head and shoulders better than Conte. Theres no doubt about it.
Juventus´s Conte was all about grinta and passion, but the guy was very inexperienced analysing the games in europe and his mentality against big teams was depressing...it reflected on players in the games. People here can hype him all they want, and we all need to admit his 352 is a big part of our current sucess... but in europe he was very underwhelming. very.

Allegri seems to know what he is doing, and apart from those mistakes i mentioned, he has been a success in this regard. Its sad that he made those mistakes in that tie... but thats the only big game in europe i have seen him genuinely bottling it.... in all the other games, including knockouts...we have played up to the ocassion and that is in big part to him.

Ill give my final verdict next season, after Marotta completes the team and let him express himself fully... but if he leaves juve at the end of teh season, my review would be for sure positive. We needed a coach that delivered in europe and he is doing just that,

Boksic

May 11, 2005

What i would not agree is the comment of us besting tactically bayern in those 2 games. At the very least we need to mention the debacle of the first half , which we have repeated numerous times but somehow gets ignored. That was not tactical masterpaln, in fact we threw the tie in those 45 mins. The rest we did fine but the morata sub in the 2nd game also was subpar. He made his mistakes in that tie. Evra´s stupidity was the icing on the cake, but allegri did his share too.

That said, overall he has been head and shoulders better than Conte. Theres no doubt about it.
Juventus´s Conte was all about grinta and passion, but the guy was very inexperienced analysing the games in europe and his mentality against big teams was depressing...it reflected on players in the games. People here can hype him all they want, and we all need to admit his 352 is a big part of our current sucess... but in europe he was very underwhelming. very.

Allegri seems to know what he is doing, and apart from those mistakes i mentioned, he has been a success in this regard. Its sad that he made those mistakes in that tie... but thats the only big game in europe i have seen him genuinely bottling it.... in all the other games, including knockouts...we have played up to the ocassion and that is in big part to him.

Ill give my final verdict next season, after Marotta completes the team and let him express himself fully... but if he leaves juve at the end of teh season, my review would be for sure positive. We needed a coach that delivered in europe and he is doing just that,
First half vs Bayern at home was awful. He also got it wrong by taking off Morata and Khedira in the away game. Both were superb and we really struggled to keep the ball after that.

But overall he did very well against Bayern and with a bit more luck we would have made it. He also seems to have learned from the home Bayern game as shown by our approach against Barcelona at home, which is something that really impresses me about Allegri.

I would argue that the criticism of Conte in Europe is slightly over the top. He was taking a team that had very little European experience, which seems to be a factor as we often see teams new the competition take a few years to get going e.g. Chelsea, Man City, PSG all underachieved for a while given their squads. he also hadn't managed in Europe before. I think Allegri has benefited somewhat from the team having three seasons of CL football under its belt when he took over.

But no doubt that Allegri has done a fantastic job and been streets ahead of Conte in Europe.

C.Martin

Jul 15, 2014
Did I really? Time to stop

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, we haven't read anything from @C.Martin in a while. Wonder what he has to say about Max leaving to England
Left as soon as you guys thought I was a liar. Felt like I was wasting my time telling you stories about Massi and then get called out as a liar.
I still read the forum from time to time, though. :)

C.Martin

Jul 15, 2014
Actually I doubt we'd be able to meet since the teams that arrive in a foreign country to play a game are usually very, very busy with the preperations. While at Luzern, Cagliari, Sassuolo and especially at Udinese I remember how busy we were going to play away in cities. I can only imagine how it is for teams going abroad especially with an important game like CL. I'm unfortunately also pretty busy myself with my job. I'd love to meet him though, but probably wont happen unless I go to Italy. :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually I doubt we'd be able to meet since the teams that arrive in a foreign country to play a game are usually very, very busy with the preperations. While at Luzern, Cagliari, Sassuolo and especially at Udinese I remember how busy we were going to play away in cities. I can only imagine how it is for teams going abroad especially with an important game like CL. I'm unfortunately also pretty busy myself with my job. I'd love to meet him though, but probably wont happen unless I go to Italy. :)
Where do you live in Sweden?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 122)