out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah wingbacks are sort of attackers and defenders and midfielders, they don't really fit neatly into a box like that. Probably on FM or PES or FIFA it's marked with the same colour as defender and that's why people think of it like that.

Video games have had a big impact in a lot of ways, but especially in football I feel like a lot of people have learned football from it and struggle to get out of that box
I'll tell you what box they fit in. Our 6 yard box.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Well it's pretty blatant that that's how we should be setting up from here on.

Improvement all over the field, a lot of players all showing good form all at once. I think a lot of that was the tactics getting the best out of various.

On paper we were setup in a 352 like this

Chiesa Dusan
Kostic Rabiot Fagioli Cuadrado
Locatelli
ASandro Bremer Danilo
Perin
But in attack it was more of a flatter 532. We looked really well organised at the back, Lazio had very little in the way of clear-cut scoring opportunities.

Most interestingly, in attack we seemed to mostly go down the left hand side with Kostic, Chiesa and Rabiot overloading the space, with Alex Sandro and Locatelli offering ways out if we got stuck. I actually think @Dominic was saying a while ago we should play Kostic and Chiesa together and it worked great tonight. Given Chiesa and Kostic were both on good form today it was really effective. It looked like this sorta:

121212.PNG

We still have some work to do to get this working as well as possible. Dusan isn't properly integrated into it and didn't look very dangerous. Plus it helped that certain players looked motivated and focused tonight (Rabiot and Alex Sandro notably). However, sticking with this system going forward has advantages in that we basically only need to replace Rabiot (hopefully one of our young CMs can), Cuadrado and Alex Sandro in the first team.

Just a good job of getting the best out of what we have. Fucking finally.

Attachments

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not convinced, we played a team who tried nothing and played a football more ancient than ours. Sure we did a bit more moving around but we would have struggled against a team that plays a more modern setup.
He should obviously still be sacked. He lost to Monza twice this season lol

One could say the injuries have caused a lot of the issues we have, but even bigger is his stubbornness with continually playing the same shitty overrated players like Mckennie, Alex Sandro, etc. instead of giving time to talented youngsters looking to prove themselves. And it’s his job to sort out this team regardless of injuries. We should still be good enough to always beat the Monzas and Haifas of the football world.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri: I have been in the world of football for 50 years when things don't go your way you need to be patient to come out of it.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Not convinced, we played a team who tried nothing and played a football more ancient than ours. Sure we did a bit more moving around but we would have struggled against a team that plays a more modern setup.
There’s nothing he can do to convince any of us at this point. We could win every match til the end of the season he still isn’t the right guy if you’re thinking long term.

Btw what the fuck was that throwing a tantrum and leaving the pitch? Some people will say it’s passionate I say it’s fucking stupid. I’ve seen this too many times before. He reminded me of all Seleção coaches from recent times who always were way too emotional and couldn’t keep their cool, it’s why you have Thiago Silva as a captain crying before taking a penalty.

No wonder this team’s mentality is as fragile as @Bianconero81 s hair.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
Please prove the world wrong and win the Coppa and EL.

For me its nothing personal against Max, I like him even though he drives me crazy quite often. Really hope he's able to bring something home this crazy year
He can win these trophies and then the bloody incompetent Italian Football Federation will take points from these tournaments and give the trophies to the usual plastic team - inter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 144)