Mario Mandžukić (11 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Given away for free? This is getting ridiculous.
He is old and hasnt played for us and we had no intention of playing him - I dont know how much time he has to his contract and it is true I did expect us to pocket something for him even if a little sum but I dont think it is that ridiculous - Anyway I wish him lots of luck as he has been such a warrior - always sweating for this shirt

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
And there it is. Another scorching indictment on Paratici and Nedvêd’s regime. Giving the player a contract renewal and then only months later try to unsuccessfully off load him. And now here we are giving away a perfectly useful player for free.

FFS WeWork was managed better than Juve the past year

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And there it is. Another scorching indictment on Paratici and Nedvêd’s regime. Giving the player a contract renewal and then only months later try to unsuccessfully off load him. And now here we are giving away a perfectly useful player for free.

FFS WeWork was managed better than Juve the past year
Llorente went for free and he was younger when he left no?
Useful? Unfortunately the club didnt see him in that way anymore

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He is old and hasnt played for us and we had no intention of playing him - I dont know how much time he has to his contract and it is true I did expect us to pocket something for him even if a little sum but I dont think it is that ridiculous - Anyway I wish him lots of luck as he has been such a warrior - always sweating for this shirt
The problem is that he's not done as a player yet. He has some value and more importantly - book value. He attracted interest of other clubs as well.

For a while now I've been concerned about the money side of the club - inability to cash in on valuable players while spending shitload of money in transfer fees and contracts - basically spending like the congress.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
From
Tbh marotta would have let him go for free and let some other club profit from his sale down the line alla llorente
To
Llorente went for free and he was younger when he left no?
Useful? Unfortunately the club didnt see him in that way anymore
:touched:

I'm like 100% sure you'd let that excuse count if Marotta was still in charge ;)

You wouldn't bitch and moan for like one month straight. Nahhhhhhh.

You objective.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Good luck Mario. You're love for us and commitment it makes you a legend. Young players should look after u and try to follow your professional approach, even when your bosses behave in a very amateur level you still keep show all who is the better man in this situation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I voted Legend, but the more I think about it, the more difficulty I have in seeing how he made more of an impact here than Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, or Tevez.

I get that he is a fan favorite, and he "fought for the shirt", so to speak. But in retrospect, a legend should be the type of player where if someone was asked who one of the top 2 or 3 players are on the squad, his name would consistently be in the conversation.

I just don't see it. yes he had a few legendary moments, but that doesn't necessarily make him a legend
Some of the most useful players we had did the unnoticeable things well. He was all over the pitch nonstop, lungs bursting to help out any way he could. He scored some goals, had assists, moved positions and never complained once. He was everything you'd think a Juventus player would be: not flashy, nose to the grindstone get the job done and hate losing in the process. When the rest of the team was coughing up blood dragging their asses he was leaving his lungs in the offensive third so he could get back and help in defense.

When kicked to the curb by club & Sarri I don't remember him complaining once. When you have little Fanny-packs like Emre Can complaining to the media while away on international duty, this guy was back at the training grounds putting in a shift knowing he wasn't going to see minute. An absolute perfect professional. I get your point, he was no Pirlo, no Vidal, Tevez, etc, but the guy was a tough as nails and was the perfect professional.

Many teams have to make subs late in the game to add fresh legs to run down the opposition. We didn't have to do that for him. A genuine 90min+ player. He was also the kind of player that made it easy for coaches tactically...you can move him seamlessly from offense to wing and not have to worry about compromise in either position. Became a swiss-army knife here. Attack, defend, hunt, poach, you name it.

Legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Free is a little annoying but it got us out of his contract which shouldn't have been given in the first place

I just hope we are freeing up that wage for someone else

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Some of the most useful players we had did the unnoticeable things well. He was all over the pitch nonstop, lungs bursting to help out any way he could. He scored some goals, had assists, moved positions and never complained once. He was everything you'd think a Juventus player would be: not flashy, nose to the grindstone get the job done and hate losing in the process. When the rest of the team was coughing up blood dragging their asses he was leaving his lungs in the offensive third so he could get back and help in defense.

When kicked to the curb by club & Sarri I don't remember him complaining once. When you have little Fanny-packs like Emre Can complaining to the media while away on international duty, this guy was back at the training grounds putting in a shift knowing he wasn't going to see minute. An absolute perfect professional. I get your point, he was no Pirlo, no Vidal, Tevez, etc, but the guy was a tough as nails and was the perfect professional.

Many teams have to make subs late in the game to add fresh legs to run down the opposition. We didn't have to do that for him. A genuine 90min+ player. He was also the kind of player that made it easy for coaches tactically...you can move him seamlessly from offense to wing and not have to worry about compromise in either position. Became a swiss-army knife here. Attack, defend, hunt, poach, you name it.

Legend.

- - - Updated - - -

EMkkP8cVUAA6OZZ.jpg

Attachments

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Could argue he is a Bayern Munich legend considering he won 2 league titles and a CL with them.

In 20 years when people look back I think they will remember his time at Bayern more.
Not a Bayern legend but a player I’m grateful to for his contribution to the club. I also started to admire him more when he wanted to return to Bayern but was left down in the final stages (if the media is to be belived), I actually felt bad for him.

Would’ve liked to see him back for 2-3 seasons, I think he could’ve been a monster next to Lewandowski.

Shame he has to end his career in a slave State when he’s still good enough for the top4 Leagues, if not as a starter then as a solid squad player.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Free is a little annoying...
that's a very polite way to put it, if it's true that the club released him. paratici gave mandzukic a new contract in april, just to put him on the market a couple of months later, and rescind the contract in the same year. cannot he plan 5-7 months ahead?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Mandzukic would still useful for us.
I imagine like a game against Lazio when they are packed in defense and Cuad keep crossing the ball to the center. If we have Mandz along with Ronaldo. We would have bigger scoring chances.

I cant understand why we treat him like this and why give him away for free

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Mandzukic would still useful for us.
I imagine like a game against Lazio when they are packed in defense and Cuad keep crossing the ball to the center. If we have Mandz along with Ronaldo. We would have bigger scoring chances.

I cant understand why we treat him like this and why give him away for free
Because he was terrible in the latter stages of last year I assume, I have no issue with him going but we shot ourselves in the foot with the contract extension

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)