Mario Mandžukić (80 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.NoGood

Sep 30, 2018
Here you go guys..

Interviewer: Do you agree that everybody around Juventus, after seven consecutive titles, three double crowns and 24 years of European post, is in the ambition of winning Champions League?

Mario: Juventus is one of best clubs in the world, which means that every season Juventus has a natural ambition to attack all the trophies. Of course that 24 years is too long to wait for the European title and we are all motivated to stop that post. It's not easy, that's why I wouldn't comment much, it should be show on the field. Field is place where victories are won, not in the media.

Interviewer: It's interesting that there is your old club Atletico Madrid on that way, like first opponent of CL Cup?

Mario: I'm really looking forward coming back to Madrid and meeting with many people I met at club and around it when I was member of Atletico. I wasn't long at Atletico Madrid, but it was long enough for me to know that Atletico is a big club with imposing tradition, with impressive fan support in wonderful city. I enjoyed playing in a great team for a year. We won Supercup against Real and I experienced extraordinary feeling of support Atletico's fans.

Interviewer: Usually all the fans of your former clubs had special relationship with you?

Mario: Yeah, OK, without fake modesty, it was like that. But apart from the particularly emotional and loyal fans of Juventus, the Atletico fans were also special. The experience of Vicente Calderon atmosphere was one of the most impressive moments in Madrid.

Interviewer: With Bayern you have been champion, with Juventus you came to the finals. What is missing to Torinians to remove that tab of the Champions league?

Mario: We were up to the title two years ago against Real. Last year we lost to the same rival in the quarterfinals.

Interviewer: There was also a controversial penalty, which relativized your two goals for big turn after the defeat in Turin (3:0).

Mario: Look, in my opinion, Juventus has all that is necessary to win the title of European champion. The quality of players and professionals, huge motivation and desires are our strength. What was missing is dose of luck, without which, easily, you can't accomplish great things. I hope that this year luck will be a little more on our side.

Interviewer: They say in Italy, and especially in Croatia, where they are now crying for you, that this Mandzukic is the luck of Juventus. Are you surprised by the shiny form that we would dare to say that, if not the best, then certainly is the ripest one of your career?

Mario: To be honest, I'm not surprised. Maybe others are, but I'm not because I know how much I invest in being maximum on the field. There isn't a match, in which I don't give all of me. I'm subordinate to my team to achieve all the success. But if I were to look for a special moment for the current form, it might be a return to the centre-forward position in Juventus after the World Cup.

Interviewer: We have impression that the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo has unburned you. He attracts attention of defenders. There is less weight on your back, which makes it easier to score.

Mario: Ronaldo and I completes perfectly. During the game we switch positions a lot, he goes in the middle, I go to the wing. The coach trust us and allow us to feel the moment, all that has been worked great.

Interviewer: We know that everyone asks you that, but we cannot escape that question: the relationship with one of the biggest players of modern football?

Mario: Haha, there's isn't really the lack of that question. Ronaldo is one of the biggest, and everybody knows that. We cooperate great on the field, we also get along out of it. He immediately perfectly fit into group, which for the most part has been together for four years. That's the power of Juve, it has a firm block, which upgrades every year, as a wish for accomplishing something bigger. How much is it strategically planned and how much it is efficient, shows growth of De Sciglio, Rugani or, which is now great Cancelo. We have a great atmosphere. We are homogeneous and every player knows what he has to do for the success of club.

Interviewer: Ronaldo has been your rival, especially in the derby of Madrid, now you have him on your side. Impressions?

Mario: Ronaldo is a positive guy, he likes to joke and exchange opinions about lot of things. He looks simple to me, normal guy, big professional.

Interviewer: He doesn't seem like that when Modric won Ballon d'or.

Mario: Before all I want to say, that I won't recount what Ronaldo does, thinks, speaks. We are teammates, there is mutually respect and understanding, and every of us amount own opinions in medias. OK, I can say that he said he was glad because Modric won Ball d'or and that he consider him as a great person and player. He was also positive to success of Croatia in Russia. But all my teammate from Juve were happy because of me and vatrene (name for players of Croatian National Team) medal , like they were, logically, happy for Matuidi because he is a world champion.

Interviewer: It seems to us that your big fan Massimiliano Allegri was especially happy for you.

Mario: With coach Allegri I have great relationship.

Interviewer: We would add: ,, .. which is clear because you cooperate for four years.''

Mario: Haha.. That's a fact. It's correct that by far I haven't cooperate with some coach for four seasons in a row, as it's true that I haven't been in some club for so long. This tells you a lot about my relationship with Juventus, coach, Turin...

Interviewer: Type of grumpy. About your ''no good'' image is created global fama.

Mario: Haha.. That's all good jokes, but I'm not always hipped or cheerful guy. It depends, as with all people, about everyday life, a moment that lives.

Interviewer: Do you know, that today, in the context of national team, people who practically one year ago were calling your retirement from CNT, now lament for you?

Mario: I haven't been home for a long time, so I don't know what's happening.

Interviewer: You'll make us believe that, haha... Do you miss the life of Vatreni (name for players of CNT)?

Mario: I'll answer to you like this: i'm happy sportsman and every morning I wake up as a happy man. It became everyday after WC in Russia. There isn't a day that I don't remember some story, moment or cadre from WC during some conversation.

Interviewer: It means, you miss it?

Mario: Life in national team, which is most special life in career of football player, I will miss for the rest of my life. It's so nice and exalted, that once you feel that emotion, it's a part of you while you breath. But there is also reality of life and the responsibility of the decision. I made that decision, thought it wasn't easy, in fact, it was extremely difficult. But as more or less all my strategic decisions in life, including this one are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Croatia fans vote Mandzu's goal against England at WC in Russia as a Goal of the Year. Link here:
I can't describe with words how I'm proud of this guy. :nico:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)