Mario Mandžukić (181 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Nah not always. He has struggled to score more than 10 goals a season all his career. But in this current Juve team, probably yes. If you are a ST and not tasked with dribbles, crosses or in any other way contributing to setting your teammates up, then you are very likely to get your share of great opportunities in the box.
Him and dybala will get more goals as we have ronaldo creating alot of chances for them now and also most teams attention is on ronaldo which gives lots of space for the rest of the team.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I want a captain who's a leader and a bastard on the pitch, Chiello and/or Mandzu fit that bill perfectly. The twink - not so much.
What’s a twink? :shifty:

I want bastards on the pitch too, but it has not to be our captain. Del Piero and Buffon (except of his last CL game for us, lol) weren‘t bastards either.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sami arrived a little bit earlier than Dybala and Mandzu iirc
I doubt the locker room chose Khedira as third captain because he arrive two days earlier lmao.

Your boy might only be our fifth best CM, but his leadership qualities and level of professionalism and correctness are apparent.

Anyway, it's mostly symbolic but don't wanna see Dybala wearing the armband when Mandzo is on the field. And Bonucci never.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
After Chiellini it should be Ronaldo and then Bonbon. Regular starters and leaders in the team. This whoever been here the longest is retarded. Hopefully Mandzu and Khedira will be squad players this season, so that leaves them out, and nobody else stands out as Captain material to me.

Mr.NoGood

Sep 30, 2018
After Chiellini it should be Ronaldo and then Bonbon. Regular starters and leaders in the team. This whoever been here the longest is retarded. Hopefully Mandzu and Khedira will be squad players this season, so that leaves them out, and nobody else stands out as Captain material to me.
Just because he is Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't mean that he deserves to be captain before other players. People getting really boring with all Ronaldo stuff, Ronaldo effect, GOAT and others. Juventus was also great club before him and now with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify: I don't have anything against Cristiano.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2007
Just because he is Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't mean that he deserves to be captain before other players. People getting really boring with all Ronaldo stuff, Ronaldo effect, GOAT and others. Juventus was also great club before him and now with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo deserves every amount of praise hes receiving and probably more but captain doesnt have anything to do with being the best. Who has the ability to yell at individuals at half time or the whole team and tell them to work harder? Who can lift the team during the game and players fall in line

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

He is quite obviously a Leader in the group, a seasoned professionel and somebody everybody looks up to. What more he is a given starter. To be honest I cant find anybody more suited for the job, besides Chillo.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He is quite obviously a Leader in the group, a seasoned professionel and somebody everybody looks up to. What more he is a given starter. To be honest I cant find anybody more suited for the job, besides Chillo.
I agree with all of this, but Ronaldo doesn't need to wear the captains armband to make all of his teammates look up to him, as long as he's here, he's gonna be a leader regardless.

That said, I wouldn't mind him wearing it, but as long as we have veterans in the squad perfectly capable of doing do, i'd like the armband to be worn by them instead.

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Politics aside, if captainship is simply based on influence and respect from team, it will be:
- Chiellini 1
- mandzukic 2
- CR7 3

Unfortunately, we have players like Khedira who falls into the category of ‘been here long enough and has won ECL and World Cup by strolling on the pitch, hence deserve an armband’

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Actually a pretty funny attempt at trolling. Can't decide which is funnier, Ronaldo captain or Bonbon.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ronaldo played for Real Madrid between 2009 and 2018. He's been here for what, four months? No, he cannot be vice captain.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
It would be untraditional, but why not though? What's the damaging part in making a true leader, become the leader of the team? You just made him even more qualified. Leading the most successful team during it's most successful period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 180)