Mario Gomez (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2007
Juve Chase €25 Million Mario Gomez

Juventus look set to go on a spending spree, and target number one appears to be Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez.

zoom - galleria The ‘Old Lady’ of Italian football is on the way up again after their return to Serie A. A €101 million windfall from the stock exchange means that Juventus will have plenty of cash to spend as they try to return to their former glory.

Top of their list of new players is a striker because of the imminent departure of David Trezeguet to either Lyon or Valencia. The Juve management have been keeping tabs on Stuttgart’s Mario Gomez for months.

The striker has a very good reputation in Italy and is seen as one of Giovanni Trapattoni’s discoveries. Proof of his popularity is demonstrated by the fact that a video-stream of his best goals is shown on the homepage of the sports paper ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

Italian fans may be getting a sneak preview of what is to come.

Gomez himself is defensive about the current rumours. “I am a player for VfB Stuttgart. I’ve said that often enough. My advisor deals with everything else.”

Stuttgart manager Horst Heldt has been quoted in an Italian newspaper as joking “Gomez is staying with us- unless we got an offer of €25 million.”

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli appears ready to offer Stuttgart exactly that price to get his man.

Manager Horst Heldt has responded by saying “I have heard of the rumours. But for us it is clear, we will not let Mario leave. It would send out the wrong signals to the rest of the team.”

goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
he is highly rated im by trappa and italian journalists. I would like to have him but him vs trez and trez wins...just though. buy him and rotate though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)