Marcelo Estigarribia - LW - Deportivo Maldonado (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Judging by that video i do not think he looks good but im willing to give him a fair chance so im not going to complain, conte must have seen somehting he liked in him for the transfer to go ahead.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
agreed. Just dont understand why we are buying player that we already had/have and trusted. Giovinco was fine if marotta and del neri didnt fuck up that relationship and now Pasquato. I dont care if he has no experience. Hes already integrated in the squad and is one of our youth players. He should be a starter if this guy and Gian... are the only wingers coming in.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
That is very discouraging... It baffles me as to why we keep going for mediocre players quantity overr quality shit. What makes these transfers even more annoying is the fact we already had good players like melo, diego and Giovinco yet we got rid of them.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
That is very discouraging... It baffles me as to why we keep going for mediocre players quantity overr quality shit. What makes these transfers even more annoying is the fact we already had good players like melo, diego and Giovinco yet we got rid of them.
the fact that you think diego was good for juve, disqualify you from judging our players as mediocre

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
the fact that you think diego was good for juve, disqualify you from judging our players as mediocre
He was good im not saying great but he was definatly good while playing in a shit team under a poor manager and even if i'm wrong that doesnt mean im not fit to judge whether Pepe, Giaccherini and Martinez are mediocre signings it's a simple fact.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I guess that no one here has seen him play except at the Copa America.

Therefore, we should all wait until he plays a couple of game for us before saying he's mediocre/shit.
I wasn't saying that the player is shit i was just saying that Marottas idea of signing quantity over quality is shit.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
He was good im not saying great but he was definatly good while playing in a shit team under a poor manager and even if i'm wrong that doesnt mean im not fit to judge whether Pepe, Giaccherini and Martinez are mediocre signings it's a simple fact.
we need what you call mediocre signings for bench. if you call melo, diego and giovinco quality, than what are vidal, pirlo,lichtsteiner, matri, quag,krasic, storari and vucinic ?

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Copy Paste from the Juve Offside about him, make of it as you will. :boh:

Good:
- He's got a very very good work ethic for a winger (like Camo earlier on) hungry for the ball, tries hard to keep the ball (and succeeds most times unless he's double/triple marked)
- All-round tactical game (cuts inside when he sees space, or if he receives the ball near the box he skips to the byline and loops one in) and has fantastic positioning...
- Agile and tricky (don't have handy link, but his game against brazil was overwhelming! He had Danny Alves eating biscuits out of his hand throughout the game)

Bad:
- Lacks strength (falls over too easily as mentioned above) and handles double marking like Meelosh (look for the foul)
- Waits on the ball too long before crossing. This could've been tolerated in the Copa where defence only exists in the form of 2 CBs, but our Difensores' positioning and nagging marking could expose him
- Got decent/good pace, (prolly a lil more than Camo), but nothing to light up our new stadium with

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Also for you FM nuts out there. His Potential Rating is 141. But, it's based off last year before the Copa, so how true is his potential now is up in the air. Thank Zach for that piece of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)