Maldini ponders Italy U-turn (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'll try to be as unbiased as humanly possible, but that'll probably crumble by the 3rd word.
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Penalty shot in the first few minutes...
That was an undeniable penalty. Both Panucci and Coco(?) literally grabbed a player each by their shirts and flung them to the ground with force
Coco knocked in the head and bleeding from the forehead..no call.
It wasn't a blatant foul, just an accident, and the ref just happened not to notice it as soon as it happened.
Goal denied.
Was that the Tomassi offside one?
Totti booked for being tripped.
I agree, that was a bad call. The defender hit the ball but also took out Totti's feet. Neither a foul nor a dive. Play on.
Then Korea-Spain: Spain got denied a rightful win over Korea. Goal went in and then the official ruled that in the ball had gone out of bounds 30 seconds earlier so the goal is no good ??????!!!!
All the Korean defenders and goalkeeper had already stopped playing and just stood there because they heard the whistle. As you said though, whatever.....

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, it means that Cannavaro will be benched.

Maldini should be on the team, because amazingly, he seems to be playing better now than he was 2 years ago.

I also think that Baggio should most definitely go as well. Hell, I've been saying that all year. Its better to have too much talent to choose from than not enough.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Last game was against South Corea in WC2002. And that is the match(s) were he made a terrible mistake on Ahn's goal. :fero:
Maldini is not good in the volley balls

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That's quite a generalisation to make, and i wouldn't say that he's been so poor in aerial challenges over the...decades :LOL:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Maldini and Nesta for Italy would be awesome.

Byron Moreno is very stupid. Italy should have won and Moreno and the koreans know it

Aug 1, 2003
oh COME ON Gray, even the blindest of all blinds can see that Korea fixed it all.

I know you don't buy what I'm saying but just apologizing in advance if the statement above sounds harsh

btw, Maldini is a GREAT player but I think maybe it's best if he stuck with his retiring decision. You know, the kind of thing where once you decide something, you stick with it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey, I agree that some of the refereeing was a shady and they were very forunate, but please don't insult the integrity of my countrymen by saying that they fixed it. It may have been FIFA (it looks great for them when a host country does well) or some other powerful figure, but I can't stand it when people generalise and say that the Korean players are cheaters

Jan 7, 2004
its just hard when refs screw you.

maybe martin will remeber this. a certain norway- albania 2-2. where norway got a stupid corner kick and equalized.

another one, germany- albania 2-1

neuville scoring a stupid off-side goal

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I know it's difficult, but a lot of people throw out accusations without knowing all the facts.

I feel especially for the Korean players, they worked their hearts out and the played fairly, without resorting to diving to win penalties and commiting a lot of dirty fouls... it's not their fault they got favourable calls

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Was that the Tomassi offside one?

All the Korean defenders and goalkeeper had already stopped playing and just stood there because they heard the whistle. As you said though, whatever.....
tomassi's wasnt offside

both spain goals were valid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)