Mafia game: Covid- 19 edition? (1 Viewer)

OP
Tomice

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
  • Thread Starter #106
    In the meantime I have merged the rules as they appear in the Mafia for dummies thread and the rules as written in the past few games.
    Also added some thing that were brought during the game and no clear explanation was in either set of rules

The list includes 9 civilians (including the detective, the bodyguard, the lawyer and the jailer) and 3 gangsters (including the crooked cop and the recruiter). Gangsters can recruit any civilian (except the detective and the bodyguard) as long as the recruiter is alive!

Gangsters - They know each other. Their aim is to kill off as many civilians as it takes to equal the number of G's and C's. So if there are 5 G's and 5 C's left in the game the G's win.

Civilians - They have no idea who is and who isn't a Civilian. This is what makes the game interesting. A lot of accusations are thrown and a lot of times you end up scratching your head after someone who you thought was a C or a G ends up dead. Civilians win when every single G is killed.

The Daytime runs between 11:00-22:00 CET. It's when you are all posting and trying to find out who the gangsters are (if you are a civilian) or manipulate (if you are a gangster). You should write the name of the person you want to vote in bold, otherwise your vote will not count. You can change your vote as many times as you want but I will count the last vote that you cast before the end of the daytime (21:59 CET).

The lynched player role and special role (if any) will be reveled.

Lynching and The Lawyer:
    The player with the most votes will be lynched unless the lawyer saves him/her. The lawyer has to send me their decision to save a lynch target either before or in (maximum) five minutes after the voting is over. The lawyer cannot save him/herself and can use his/her power twice in the entire game.

Whacking and The Bodyguard:
    During the daytime, gangsters will send me their whack target. You (G's) can change your decision as many times as you want, I will act on the final decision that you send me (before the voting is closed). The whack target can be saved by the bodyguard. During the daytime, the Bodyguard also sends me their protection target. If the G's decide on whacking someone but that person is being protected by the bodyguard then they fail on that whacking. The bodyguard can protect anybody (including themselves). The bodyguard can protect themselves or any other player every day should they so choose. Note if the Bodyguard is in Jail he/she cannot use their powers.

The lynched player role and special role (if any) will be reveled.

The Detective and The Crooked cop:
    During the nighttime, the detective can ask me about the role of any player they want. He/she can send the investigation request during the day, but the role of the investigation target will be revealed to him/her only during the nighttime. The detective will learn the role
    If the Detective is jailed he can not send an investigation request, if the request was sent before imprisonment the investigation result will be reveled as usual after the day ends.
    Similarly, the crooked cop is allowed up to 4 times during the whole game to spy on the detective. He/she can let me know either during the day or the night whether they want to spy. The investigated person and his/her role will be then revealed to the crooked cop but not the detective identity.

The Detective and The Gun Blazing Mode:
    The Detective also has the option once per game of using the "gun's blazing" mode which allows them to kill any one player, regardless of whether or not that player has been investigated. The gun blazing takes the place of an investigation, with the target of the gun blaze being revealed after the voting deadline. Afterwards their role will go back to normal, and they can investigate the next day. However, if the person they kill is any type of civilian, their role will immediately be revealed on the thread as a press release, blowing their cover.

The Jailer and The Jailed:
    The jailer can jail anyone they want during the daytime, The jailer may not imprison the same person twice in a row. The jailing request has to be sent to me between 11:00-18:00 CET. If the jailer is killed, there will be a random draw of all regular civilians, and one of them will secretly receive the jailer role. This is the only reassigned role allowed in the game. Once the jailer has been reassigned once, it cannot be reassigned a second time. The Jailer can also not imprison themselves.
    The person who is jailed is not allowed to post until the daytime is over. His/her vote will not count. The jailed person cannot be whacked but can be lynched (i.e., voted out). A person in jail cannot speak in the thread or pm anyone at all involved in the game. Any violation of this will result in a further day of imprisonment. A third violation will mean an auto-lynching for that person.

Recruting:
    Gangsters can recruit 1 civillian any time they want during the game with the role "the Recruiter". Recruiting does not apply for the detective or the bodyguard. The lawyer and any other civillian can be recruited and thus become a gangester. Gangster's has to submit 3 names to the narrator. The narrator will make a draw and let gangesters who they recruited (Bodyguard and Detective cant be recruited, but Jailer and Lawyer can). The recruited civilian will be informed also. The players at large will NOT be informed that there has been a recruitment. They have to figure that by themselves.

Things you are allowed to do:
    Lying, manipulating, sending pm's, making horrible mistakes!

Things you are not allowed to do:
    Creating fake accounts, posting when jailed, posting in the thread when/if dead, sending/posting screenshots of the role pm I have sent you, being an asshole

Auto-Lynch:
    You will be auto lynched if you don't meet the daily required post number of 10 posts. Daily votes are counted from one deadline to the next.
    Something to to discuss imo:

- timing of the lawyer save, before deadline or 5 min after

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Lawyer ---- can save before deadline, not after.

About the jailer. In the rules it says that:
    "A person in jail cannot speak in the thread or pm anyone at all involved in the game. Any violation of this will result in a further day of imprisonment. A third violation will mean an auto-lynching for that person".

I'd change this. Some civilians can calculate with this, ensuring they won't be whacked for two days straight. Theoretically, the D might also decide to do this and decide to sacrifice an investigation, just so he could stay alive longer. Or even a G, in order to remain far from sights. We should be more strict here. Any violation of this will result in an auto-lynch.

The rest is fine.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Tomice made a good point about PMs while being jailed. He was saying you could still PM since that would count as if you're being visited

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Nah you cant pm while you are in jail.

And it makes sense that the lawyer can save after deadline, because its a night action. technically speaking, you can make the lynch deadline 23.00, but the night time deadlines actions lawyer action, detective investigation/gunblaze and whacking to 23.15, because the concept of the game, when you play in persion is, everyone votes to lynch someone, then everyone close their eyes/sleeps, then the narrator wakes up lawyer/detective/BG/Gangsters in turn one each, to get them to point who they saving/protecting/investigating/killing.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    I don't agree with this, imagine Gs jail the BG to silence him, but he goes and PMs everyone instead.
    Well yeah, didn't think of that. As long as being jailed two days in a row by two different jailers isn't be allowed then

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Nah you cant pm while you are in jail.

And it makes sense that the lawyer can save after deadline, because its a night action. technically speaking, you can make the lynch deadline 23.00, but the night time deadlines actions lawyer action, detective investigation/gunblaze and whacking to 23.15, because the concept of the game, when you play in persion is, everyone votes to lynch someone, then everyone close their eyes/sleeps, then the narrator wakes up lawyer/detective/BG/Gangsters in turn one each, to get them to point who they saving/protecting/investigating/killing.
    So just to confirm what you are saying is that if lawyer is jailed, then comes out of jail at the deadline, can he then save someone? Can the D come out of jail at the deadline and then still gunblaze and investigate?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    So just to confirm what you are saying is that if lawyer is jailed, then comes out of jail at the deadline, can he then save someone? Can the D come out of jail at the deadline and then still gunblaze and investigate?
    The D investigates after deadline anyway dosnt he, he can send requests during daytime but only gets the results after, he should be able to to it after jailing i think

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Or the bodyguard.
    If the BG is in jail, he can't protect anyone from being lynched.

As I understand the game, people are killed exactly at deadline. They can be saved only before deadline, if the lawyer or the bodyguard are physically present (not in jail in this case).

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    Or the bodyguard.
    If the BG is in jail, he can't protect anyone from being lynched.

As I understand the game, people are killed exactly at deadline. They can be saved only before deadline, if the lawyer or the bodyguard are physically present (not in jail in this case).
    One more question about the lawyer - since he can use his powers twice, how should they be counted? I mean, only when he really saves someone from lynching or when he sends his request (whatever the outcome of the voting will be)?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    One more question about the lawyer - since he can use his powers twice, how should they be counted? I mean, only when he really saves someone from lynching or when he sends his request (whatever the outcome of the voting will be)?
    When I narrated, I counted the requests.

OP
    Tomice

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
  • Thread Starter #118
    Request counts. Otherwise the lawyer can ensure one player's safety every day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)