Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (7 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
http://juventiknows.com/mister-gone-credit-conte-but-dont-dismiss-delneri/

I found this opinion piece on JuventiKnows and wanted to know what some of your thoughts were on this.
Like many people, I have pretty mixed feelings on Delneri. Do you guys think that he didn't have enough options to choose from or he wasn't the right coach for Juve at all now that we have all seen what Conte has done.

he made a decent fist of it but simply did not have what it took to pick the lads up again after a horror stretch of form which was badly compounded by some crucial injuries.

don't agree with the article with 'shaping' our defence though, we were diabolically poor at the back last year.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I really dislike him, after liking him a LOT during our first half. Not only because of results but because of his inability to change the team, inability to motivate them, his stubborn nature, and loser mentality. He's one of those coaches whose era is rightfully coming to an end.

Aameer

May 6, 2012
I honestly think it was a bit of both, but more of the latter. He really didn't have the best options to choose from, especially in the defense and if the present squad we have now was at his disposal, a better position on the table could have been reached so I can't really fault him there. On the other hand, you're both right when you say that he was supposed to motivate and make better tactical changes when he should have. Even with the current team, we drew a bit more than we should have but Conte knows how to light a fire and he was able to right things when they needed to be. Delneri, I feel, doesn't have the same temperament and grit like Conte does.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I really dislike him, after liking him a LOT during our first half. Not only because of results but because of his inability to change the team, inability to motivate them, his stubborn nature, and loser mentality. He's one of those coaches whose era is rightfully coming to an end.
the team fought for him until the very last day, it was nothing like the fucked up attitude they had the season prior to it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They were happy with Delneri if they were happy with losing. Maybe you're not thinking of lack of motivation the proper way. Sure they were motivated to play, but they weren't motivated enough to stay focused. Remember all those stupid draws and losses towards the end? When we'd draw after leading all game from the silliest goals? When we'd concede out of nothing, for no reason, at the end of the game? He didn't get the best bunch of players, but he got players that should've ended way above 7th. Inter took second that year ffs! The Inter who got humiliated in Europe in the worst way I've seen.

So yeah, Delneri's not a good coach. He's mediocre.

Mar 9, 2006
do you realise that when we are leading and concede goal it's up not to coach, it's up to fuckin' team?? traore - bonucci - chiellini - motta, are you kiddin' me? this defence sucks as fuck!

stfu please im not going to arguing with north-american who don't understand anything in football kitchen
go watch some shitty sport like baseball or american "football"

Storari
Motta - Bonucci - Chiellini - Traore
Pepe - Aquilani - Melo - Martinez
Amauri - Toni

Oh yes, best team ever ladies and gentelmen

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And also Storari was first choice GK til January then San Gigi took over. Also, Martinez was mostly injured during the season and barely featured. And this retard of a coach insisted on playing Marchisio as LM and constantly starting Motta over Sorensen.

Mar 9, 2006
And also Storari was first choice GK til January then San Gigi took over. Also, Martinez was mostly injured during the season and barely featured. And this retard of a coach insisted on playing Marchisio as LM and constantly starting Motta over Sorensen.
Because we were FUCKED UP with INJURIES and because of BAD MERCATO, isn't it?! So we had DECENT results when team was full, without 10000 of injured players , ISN'T FUCKIN IT?!?!

We were forced to use 18years boy as our starter because of injuries and poor form of Motta and people are still blamin' Delneri for everything :lol: yes it was Delneri's mistake that Quag received injury, yes it was Delneri's mistake that Melo received idiot red cards yes yes it's easy to blame coach

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sorensen was NEVER INJURED when Delneri inexplicably took him out of the starting lineup and put the Escape Goat in his place. Melo received one red card last season, yes he missed 4 games, but his suspension and Quags injury were hardly the reason why we didnt come 4th. Delneri wasnt the only reason for our poor season, but he was one of the major factors. Clearly the wrong man for the job.

Mar 9, 2006
Sorensen was NEVER INJURED when Delneri inexplicably took him out of the starting lineup and put the Escape Goat in his place. Melo received one red card last season, yes he missed 4 games, but his suspension and Quags injury were hardly the reason why we didnt come 4th. Delneri wasnt the only reason for our poor season, but he was one of the major factors. Clearly the wrong man for the job.
:sergio: that's why when we had full squad we were at second place in the end of december, okay

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No one is your enemy; you are your own worst enemy Rus ;)

No one is saying Del Neri is absolute shit, but he isn't a good coach either, at least not for an ambitious Juventus team. He's an ok coach for a team like Siena, Atalanta, or Chievo, but Juve need winners, coaches that understand what it means to be a part of (and play for) this club. A man who understands what it means to sweat and bleed for Juve. Del Neri was never that man. Conte is :touched: :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)