Lippi opens door to Pippo :eek: (1 Viewer)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Il Fenomeno said:
But is would be silly to take a player who hasn't played in 6 or 7 months and who isn't match fit. We all know he has the talent but after being out of action for so long he'll be rusty against the best in the world.

Anyway, the good news is that Cassano's set to start against Fiorentina today. :D
you know what is silly?when someone doesn't read your post and call name before understanding.
If I don't remeber wrong I said I don't think he will be benched till the end of the season,and I said it doesn't matter if he is playing Regularly,and not playing at all.but I don't blame you,we have a clown here in this circus,and he is trying hard to make me laugh :D

Feb 27, 2005
I must admit, Pippo has scored goals for the Azzurri in the past, but there is no way he would go and Del Piero would stay. Del Piero has had a fantastic season considering the amount of time he has had on the pitch.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Lippi will pick these forwards, I'm pretty sure...

Gilardino, Toni, Totti, Del Piero, Cassano, Vieri

And he will also pick...

Buffon, De Sanctis, Abbiati, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Materazzi, Barzagli, Diana, Grosso, Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Barone, Cammo, Zaccardo, Ambrosini

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
how can he call up all those players? ? if im not mistaken only 17 can go

Buffon, Abbiati, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Materazzi, Barzagli, Chiellini Diana, Grosso, Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Cammo, Gilardino, Toni, Totti, Del Piero, Cassano(only if he gets playing time)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
djleli said:
how can he call up all those players? ? if im not mistaken only 17 can go

Buffon, Abbiati, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Materazzi, Barzagli, Chiellini Diana, Grosso, Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Cammo, Gilardino, Toni, Totti, Del Piero, Cassano(only if he gets playing time)
Huh? I thought 23 could go.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Personally, I dont think italy have the right players to utilise pirlo and guttuso
properly...

They are yet to look comfortable or be truely effective in an italy 4 man midfield...

To get the best out of them you need to play with 3 in the middle behind an attacking mid, as they do for milan

For milan they play a straight 3 (seedorf, pirlo, gattuso) sitting behind kaka...

To recreate that for italy, you need to drop camo, then you are left with pirlo in the centre, gattuso on the right sitting behind totti (in kaka's place), but as far as i see it, italy have no equivalent to seedorf to hold the left role in the 3... As such i dont see italy getting the best out of them or even creating a fluid team that understands each other...

Unfortunately for italy, their weakness lies in the most important area of the park... the midfield...

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Seedorf is the worst player in Milan's first XI...if Italy really wanted to recreate Milan's side, they would play Ambrosini, but Lippi has his own tactics....don't worry about it, it will be fine

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
The point wasnt of seedorf's quality... It was that to get the best from pirlo and guttuso they are using the wrong system... both for milan and italy, guttuso - pirlo has shown to be a very inconsistent and far from exceptional duo when used as a central pairing... to shine they need to play in a 3...

IMO,italy do not have the right players to use a 3 utilising gutusso and pirlo

Im not worried as i couldnt care if they win or lose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)