Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2004
This forum has few discussion threads! :(

Time to spice things up a little with a band I'm sure you're all familiar with - Linkin Park.

Did any of you get this album?

Got it last week, with low expectations, but it's pretty good, if you like the fact that LP are experimenting and changing their "cliche" sound a little bit.

Not trying to sound cool or anything, but I grew out of that style and completely ditched listening to the band after the whole Jay-Z thing which I thought sucked royally. I expected the band to sell-out commercially big time, but after listening to this record I was completely wrong (well a little bit).

First surprise: Mike Shinoda features very little on this album with a couple rap songs, and singing very vague background vocals (as if he's a guest on the record, rather than a band member!!). Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise, as it's a hint that he's more dedicated to the Fort Minor project (which is a kick ass record by the way!)

Second surprise: Chester Bennington is going punk rock! Lyrically, he's shit. But vocal ability, screams + overall combination with the music rhythm the new LP sound is really cool.

I'll review all the songs later...

Want to hear your feedback, first.

:)

P.S.

This whole role shifting takes place in several bands -

namely Guns n Roses (use your illusion + spaghetti incident experiment with other GnR members singing, like Izzy; System - Serge the guitarist is featuring more dominantly in the last 2 records; Queens of the Stone Age - though that is intentional as it conforms with their style, speaking of which I'll open a Queens thread next week when the new album is out! :D )U2 have done in two songs - Van Diemens Land and the more popular, Numb both sung by The Edge. There's many other examples........

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Rhizoid
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    This forum has few discussion threads! :(

Time to spice things up a little with a band I'm sure you're all familiar with - Linkin Park.

Did any of you get this album?

Got it last week, with low expectations, but it's pretty good, if you like the fact that LP are experimenting and changing their "cliche" sound a little bit.

Not trying to sound cool or anything, but I grew out of that style and completely ditched listening to the band after the whole Jay-Z thing which I thought sucked royally. I expected the band to sell-out commercially big time, but after listening to this record I was completely wrong (well a little bit).

First surprise: Mike Shinoda features very little on this album with a couple rap songs, and singing very vague background vocals (as if he's a guest on the record, rather than a band member!!). Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise, as it's a hint that he's more dedicated to the Fort Minor project (which is a kick ass record by the way!)

Second surprise: Chester Bennington is going punk rock! Lyrically, he's shit. But vocal ability, screams + overall combination with the music rhythm the new LP sound is really cool.

I'll review all the songs later...

Want to hear your feedback, first.

:)

P.S.

This whole role shifting takes place in several bands -

namely Guns n Roses (use your illusion + spaghetti incident experiment with other GnR members singing, like Izzy; System - Serge the guitarist is featuring more dominantly in the last 2 records; Queens of the Stone Age - though that is intentional as it conforms with their style, speaking of which I'll open a Queens thread next week when the new album is out! :D )U2 have done in two songs - Van Diemens Land and the more popular, Numb both sung by The Edge. There's many other examples........

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    not to forget the change with the Metallica.

and I miss the old Linkin, they fucked it up I am afraid..

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    I miss the old Linkin too, i gave the new album a listen or 2, very disappointing. It's just not them!! Linkin fans don't need them to go all soft and try out "simple plan" shit, cos thats what it sounds like. It's like they're intentionally going out of their way to being commercial.
    Big disappointment. Just hope System doesn't turn to shit when they get back together.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    they suck, there is no talent , just some random riffs with some dude thinking he can rap and another guy screaming with him

1st album was pure motivation , some songs were pretty good, after that it just got worse...joining with jay z made it even more gayer than it already was

OP
    Rhizoid
    Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    A bit harsh, Edz.

I take it you're a musician yourself?

Not saying they're amazing or spectacular, but they have some good tunes, kick ass riffs, and decent vocals...

Problem with the albums is they're not vintage...i.e. I got bored of Meteora and wouldn't go thru the entire record if you put a gun to my head. :rolleyes:

Guillermo

Jun 21, 2006
    The band sucks ass.
    All those bands from the states are very over rated thanks to their marketing. Try listening to some real stuff like Sonata Artica, Iron Maiden, Stratovarius,Blind Guardian ... etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)