Legendary Ronnie James Dio died at 67 (1 Viewer)

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Never got into his non-Sabbath stuff but great vocalist who will be remembered.

OP
SoulSiick

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    He was vocalist and songwriter for Blacksabath, Rainbow, Elf and had also some famous solo works. one of the bets known voices of hard rock\heavy metal.

Dont talk to strangers, Holy diver and Hide in the rainbow are among his best songs.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    RIP Ronnie, I saw him in concert with Alice Cooper a few years back and he was amazing for his age.

I don't like his genre of music but Holy Diver was an epic song.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    The last thing that comes to my mind when i think of Dio is Black Sabbath.Not that i dont like the stuff he did with them,but i like the material with Rainbow and his solo stuff better.

RIP Dio.Easily one of the greatest,if not the greatest heavy metal vocalist ever.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Just to show how old I am, the first concert I ever saw was him fronting Black Sabbath for their Mob Rules tour at the since-gone Chicago Amphitheater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)