left back (1 Viewer)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Chelsea appear to be closing on the capture of Athletic Bilbao full back Asier Del Horno.
The Spain international has emerged as Jose Mourinho's prime target to fill one of his transfer criteria for next season.
Mourinho wants to add a left back to his championship-winning squad and has seemingly dropped his interest in Arsenal's Ashley Cole following the tapping-up row.
Del Horno has been linked to The Blues for the past few months and a deal between all parties is now near to being struck.
Blues officials held talks with their Bilbao counterparts at the start of the week and Del Horno's agent was in London on Tuesday for further discussions.
The 24-year-old has a buyout clause in his contract of €20 million (£13.5 million) and Bilbao have previously stated they are willing to sell if this figure is met.
But reports in Spain suggest the Basque outfit are now prepared to accept a sum slightly below the amount in the player's contract.
A fee of €17 million (£11.5 million) has been put forward and it appears as though this has been sufficient to convince Bilbao to cash in on the defender.
Del Horno is tipped to sign a four-year contract at Stamford Bridge and his anticipated arrival in West London will, at least, shorten Mourinho's search for fresh talent in the summer.
Real Madrid have been keeping a watching brief on Chelsea's negotiations with Bilbao but they are unlikely to be willing to match the money their Premiership counterparts are offering.
if chelse sign del horno do u think they would sign zambrotta

Buy on AliExpress.com

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Bring back Chiellini for left back, stick Zambrotta at right back - problem solved!

Zebina can be used as backup for Zambro - we don't need to buy a right back then do we?

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
yeah, hopefully they'll leave Zambrotta alone
They are not holding anyone...Juve is the club which will make a mistake by selling Zambro.
Chelsea is doing what is best for them,so we must do the same by keeping Zambro,simple.

OP

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    Athletic Bilbao left-back Asier Del Horno admits he is on the verge of a £12 million move to Chelsea.
    "This is a unique opportunity for me and for Athletic," he told radio Onda Cero.

"If you look at the figures that are being talked about then it seems unthinkable that a team would pay that sort of money for me.

"For both Athletic and me it would be difficult to say no to an offer like this.

"With a contract like this I would sort out not just my life but the life of my whole family.

"Athletic would be able to clear their debts and renew the contracts of players like Tiko, Yeste, Orbaiz and Iraola."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)