"La Juve ha preferito Del Piero" - Miccoli (7 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #144
    ++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++
    I got your point, I just tried to be a smartass... :D
    Oh, I knew you got it. But if I explain it you don't look that smart anymore. :D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    I guess there are just a lot of people here who hate Del Piero. Yes, I'm thinking of you Tom. They just can't see the good things he has done.
    Oh, there's a shocker. Just because I can actually see the truth that Dp is no longer a world class player... must mean that I hate him. Go figure

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #146
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Oh, there's a shocker. Just because I can actually see the truth that Dp is no longer a world class player... must mean that I hate him. Go figure
    Oh, but I never said Del Piero still is a world class player. I said he was a world class player and Miccoli will never be one. And I said that all this Del Piero-bashing was hardly fair considering Miccoli never achieved the things Del Piero did.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
    I'm going to say this, on the record, and coming from me, this will floor some of you, so make sure you have some padding.

Alessandro Del Piero will have a comeback season this year. You can book it, as they say in Boston.

The arrival of Ibrahimovic will revitalize him and re-energize him this year. You can alrready start to see semblances of past glory with DP in the last CL match. Zlatan will be able to take so much pressure off of him, becuase if needed, Zlatan can be the one to push the ball up into the attacking zone, and you know that no one single defender is going to be able to displace him of the ball, thereby leaving Del Piero to roam freely basically wherever he wants, this time with only one defender on him. Remember, Del Piero can still pass, and if opposing teams are foolish enough to double team him this time around, all he has to do is look for the Oak Tree in the middle of the box that is currently making the keeper pee all over himself. Let's not forget an upgraded midfield as well will do wonders, with our own Gattuso type player in Blasi being the bully that we need, and Nedved and Emerson causing havoc as well.

Don't be shocked if this is his renaissance year. After which, we can capitalize on it and make beaucoup money selling him of to Chelsea.:D
    If DP can remain INJURY- FREE, than I can agree with this..............

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Oh, but I never said Del Piero still is a world class player. I said he was a world class player and Miccoli will never be one. And I said that all this Del Piero-bashing was hardly fair considering Miccoli never achieved the things Del Piero did.
    You need to distinguish between "bashing" and being realistic and fair. I couldn't care less how well he's done 8 seasons ago when we're talking about the current side.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #149
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

You need to distinguish between "bashing" and being realistic and fair. I couldn't care less how well he's done 8 seasons ago when we're talking about the current side.
    He did well 2 seasons ago IMO and had a bad season last year. But everyone except for Zambrotta had a pretty lousy season. So based on this I wouldn't say it's that long ago since Del Piero played good games.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    del piero injury free and fully fit has always done his job for the club. regardless of his performance in the later part of last season, he is still a club champion.

why not diss him and say his finished if this season he doesnt perform well. most are basing his current status on the period after his injury last season and for the azzurri in the euro. I dont think that is the correct way of looking at teh situation altogether.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    del piero injury free and fully fit has always done his job for the club. regardless of his performance in the later part of last season, he is still a club champion.

why not diss him and say his finished if this season he doesnt perform well. most are basing his current status on the period after his injury last season and for the azzurri in the euro. I dont think that is the correct way of looking at teh situation altogether.

its just that there a huge chance that he will screw up

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    quick reply to del piero bashers:

del piero replaced baggio rightl. now he sucks, why didnt miccoli replace del piero? simple: he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!
    when someone will reach the level of del piero in those days, i dont have many doubts, ale will be the first one to go.

Amen to that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)