"La Juve ha preferito Del Piero" - Miccoli (12 Viewers)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
"Tornare? Non lo so"

I dont speak italian, but with the help of an online dictionary I translated as something like:

Returning? (to juve) Not alone.

or it can mean the opposite as well, so someone should translate it.
it means "will you return? i dont know!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
Miccoli can be as bitter and mad as he wants, lets just see if he can do something in Fiorentina. And too those idiots who think Juve should have sold Montero or someone instead- do you think we would have gotten 7M Euros for him!!!!!!.
Dont be such blind, Juve have balance in there economy, when using 16M on Zlatan, then you have to sacrifice to get some money to stabialize it. Is it really so damn hard to understand?. Debt is a bad thing, once in it, then its hard to get out, fans should be glad for this, it only shows that Juve are responsible, not like Roma and Lazio!. And Milan i wont mention, they would never survive without Berlusconi's money!.

conclusion=Juve is the best driven club in the world, and they are known for it.
amen to that, I can't understand all these Moggi-haters...

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
What are Miccoli's strenght: "just" pace and shooting.

he isnt an over the average dribbler, neither a great playmaker, and so far didnt show excellent vision or thinking as well.
NO DOUBT he is a very-very GOOD player, but when I'm thinking about Alex DP's heir, I'm thinking about a player who has all of the mentioned skills, like:

Platini, Roberto Baggio or Alessandro Del Piero himself.

I think Miccoli simply not good enough to be part of this list.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but surely good enough to be alex's sub?

after all,we could have sold camoranesi,iuliano or montero or all three,which would raise more than the 7m.plus they are surplus to requirements.miccoli was not.zalayeta is only good enough to be a 5th striker,most agree.

the point here is not that moggi shouldn't have sold anyone,but that he should have sold smart.now we're back to square one where it comes to squad depth on the offensive front.we have too many defensive mids and centre backs,players who would have no shortage of suitors.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

after all,we could have sold camoranesi,iuliano or montero or all three,which would raise more than the 7m.plus they are surplus to requirements.miccoli was not.zalayeta is only good enough to be a 5th striker,most agree.

the point here is not that moggi shouldn't have sold anyone,but that he should have sold smart.now we're back to square one where it comes to squad depth on the offensive front.we have too many defensive mids and centre backs,players who would have no shortage of suitors.
But Miccoli left because he didn't want to be Alè's sub. He wanted to start, that's why he had to leave.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Sell Camoranesi?, and when Olivera gets injured................, this is just stupid, when one had to be sold then Miccoli was the best. Because there are far more options in attack than other places. Kapo and Olivera can play there, Zlatan is 2 in 1 and dont underestimate Zalayeta.
And the money from Miccoli is higher than what you could get from Camoranesi and any other!.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
what about last season when we had di vaio too?

the general word has been that ibrahimovic came to replace trezeguet,not del piero,so in that sense miccoli has not dropped down the pecking order,he's still the second choice segunda punta.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Well, I think Zlatan could replace both, but I understand your point. But point is, it seems like Micco suddenly was all pissed because we favoured Del Piero. Fair enough, it just means that he had to be sold.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Zlatan isnt supposed to replace anyone, he adds depth, and is unique in the way that he can play for both DP and Trez, thats why he is 2 in 1. I dont see any problems. Its absolutely enough dept in attack even with Miccoli gone.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

Sell Camoranesi?, and when Olivera gets injured................, this is just stupid, when one had to be sold then Miccoli was the best. Because there are far more options in attack than other places. Kapo and Olivera can play there, Zlatan is 2 in 1 and dont underestimate Zalayeta.
And the money from Miccoli is higher than what you could get from Camoranesi and any other!.
and tacchinardi?appiah?iuliano?

zamby can always take olivera's place,pessotto could take his place in defence when required.

everybody was asking for another forward because we lacked attackers to even make up the numbers(4 strikers when we're competing in 3 competitions?i don't think so.)

long-term,this deal will potentially hurt us more than any other player we could've sold.given the right price moggi will sell his other half easily,same goes for maresca.and we've all seen what shipping players repeatedly from one club to another can do to them:matteo brighi is a prime example,he was bigger than maresca or micco at one point and look at him now.

i have no doubt that udinese or bologna would pay 5m pounds for tacchinardi.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
I dont see why we should keep a player against his will. And you say Zambo could replace Oli, and Pessotto Zambo, thats not a good solution, position rotating makes instability.

Tacchi, not get 7M for him

Iuliano, not a cent.

Appiah, maybe, but he is obviusly in Juve's plans.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
not against his will,no.

i wouldn't have wanted miccoli to stay if he didn't want to.if that really is the case then i wish him well in fiorentina and a speedy return to juve,cos he's a terrific talent.

and i'm not saying we should have sold camo,but he'd have been a more sensible sale than miccoli would.(miccoli can play on the right side of midfield as well)i'd much rather we sell tacch actually.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
The way i see it now is that Del Piero will play two (or one??)seasons more, before he steps down to the bench, (as Vieri is doing at Inter this year), and then Miccoli has developed even more and returns to Juve, because he cant reject us ;)

Forza Zlatan by the way.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm in agreement with Des, 100%. If we really did have to sell for financial purposes like Moggi says we did, we should've sold someone (or some people) who is (or are) surplus to requirements such as Iuliano, Montero, and Tacchinardi. Miccoli is a wonderful young talent, all of the above mentioned players are past their peak and declining both performance wise and in value. It would've been more sensible to sell them. However, if Fabrizio was unhappy about the preference always given to Del Piero and wanted to go elsewhere so as to attain a first team place, fair enough and good luck to him, but other sources claim he was pissed at the purchase of Zlatan. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because although Ibrahimovic can cover both DP and Treze's positions, all Capello had to do if he wanted to keep Miccoli was tell him that Zlatan would be DT's sub, and he would be DP's.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The way i see it now is that Del Piero will play two (or one??)seasons more, before he steps down to the bench, (as Vieri is doing at Inter this year), and then Miccoli has developed even more and returns to Juve, because he cant reject us ;)
He may not be able to turn down a return to Juve, but if he does well in Florence as I suspect he will, Fiorentina will make sure that we pay shitloads in order to get him back. The same goes for Chiellini and Maresca, which is why loans would've been more efficient imo.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
"We still own half of his contract and we will be watching him this season.

"Then we will decide if we want to bring him back or not."

this is what Moggi said according to SkySports...

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
miccoli is probably twice as fast as del piero.

miccoli ran past nesta like it was nothing in the tropheo berlusconi game. del piero would NOT do that.

yeah, im ready for war!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)