"La Juve ha preferito Del Piero" - Miccoli (5 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Screw Miccoli now. He isn't with us anymore. He is angry atm with Juve management, and that's quite understandable. And I don't know why all this mess around Miccoli. He is good player, no doubt, but he isn't the only one. We got a replacement, Zlatan, who is better and younger than him IMO.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ok let's end this right now. Moggi claims that had we not sold Miccoli we couldn't afford Zlatan? Is anyone willing to disprove that? Right, so assuming that is the situation, who do you prefer, Miccoli or Zlatan? Just last week we all moaned about the lack of 5th forward, now we have Z at the expense of Miccoli. Not exactly what we wanted but since noone here is in a position to argue with Moggi..

Now to DP vs Miccoli, DP is on €5m a year until 2008, do you think Fiorentina would be willing to pay those wages? Do you think he would be willing to sign for them? I really don't, in fact noone would pay that money for DP because right now he's not worth it. So selling DP was never an issue, neither was selling Trez who also just signed a new longterm contract. That leaves Miccoli, an exciting player who no less failed to conquer a place in the lineup, just like Di Vaio and what happened to Di Vaio? I think we all know that.

If you prefer Miccoli over Zlatan, fine but don't bring any other players into this cause they have nothing to do with it..

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #44
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Ok let's end this right now. Moggi claims that had we not sold Miccoli we couldn't afford Zlatan? Is anyone willing to disprove that? Right, so assuming that is the situation, who do you prefer, Miccoli or Zlatan? Just last week we all moaned about the lack of 5th forward, now we have Z at the expense of Miccoli. Not exactly what we wanted but since noone here is in a position to argue with Moggi..

Now to DP vs Miccoli, DP is on €5m a year until 2008, do you think Fiorentina would be willing to pay those wages? Do you think he would be willing to sign for them? I really don't, in fact noone would pay that money for DP because right now he's not worth it. So selling DP was never an issue, neither was selling Trez who also just signed a new longterm contract. That leaves Miccoli, an exciting player who no less failed to conquer a place in the lineup, just like Di Vaio and what happened to Di Vaio? I think we all know that.

If you prefer Miccoli over Zlatan, fine but don't bring any other players into this cause they have nothing to do with it..
    Exactly. But that's what Miccoli did and IMO that's hardly professional behaviour.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    No it isn't professional but what do you expect him to say? "I respect the club's decision"? He thought he would be playing for us at least this year and hours before the deadline he's told they want to sell him. This is how the football world works, Z was signed I guess in a matter of days before the deadline. That's why he cost us €19m and not more, Ajax could hold out no longer. Otherwise it would have been €25m perhaps. So on the one hand we want Moggi to strike these great deals, on the other hand we don't want to face the consequences that implies, I think that's pretty naive. When we bought Emerson from Roma, he cost us €16m + Brighi. To me that's a bundle, I don't think he's worth it. But that's the best we could get. In this case we signed a top prospect in Europe for "just" €19m, which is a pretty good price considering what kind of money has been splashed around across Europe this summer. But if we want to make these deals (just like the Ronaldo/Crespo saga two years back), they have to be done at very end, with the consequence of players included in those deals being given no respect. Did we treat Brighi well when we let him believe he would be a squad player only for him to find out that he was sold to Parma in the Di Vaio transfer on teletext? This is the reality, if you don't like certain things that's fine but don't think you can change them without facing the consequences.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Did you read my "Official transfer numbers" thread???

For the last time, Zlatan was 16 mil € (1.9 of which went to Malmo), and Emerson was 12 mil € + Brighi!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Sorry kiddo, have been seeing various numbers from various sources and somehow the first figure I see usually sticks in my mind. But it doesn't change the perspective of my post.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    No it isn't professional but what do you expect him to say? "I respect the club's decision"? He thought he would be playing for us at least this year and hours before the deadline he's told they want to sell him. This is how the football world works, Z was signed I guess in a matter of days before the deadline. That's why he cost us €19m and not more, Ajax could hold out no longer. Otherwise it would have been €25m perhaps. So on the one hand we want Moggi to strike these great deals, on the other hand we don't want to face the consequences that implies, I think that's pretty naive. When we bought Emerson from Roma, he cost us €16m + Brighi. To me that's a bundle, I don't think he's worth it. But that's the best we could get. In this case we signed a top prospect in Europe for "just" €19m, which is a pretty good price considering what kind of money has been splashed around across Europe this summer. But if we want to make these deals (just like the Ronaldo/Crespo saga two years back), they have to be done at very end, with the consequence of players included in those deals being given no respect. Did we treat Brighi well when we let him believe he would be a squad player only for him to find out that he was sold to Parma in the Di Vaio transfer on teletext? This is the reality, if you don't like certain things that's fine but don't think you can change them without facing the consequences.
    True, but I find it strange how all of this gets us to criticise Del Piero in a largely unfair way. What on earth has Del Piero got to do with this? Is he just our scapegoat when something doesn't go our way or something?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Sorry kiddo, have been seeing various numbers from various sources and somehow the first figure I see usually sticks in my mind. But it doesn't change the perspective of my post.

OK, but just for the records, my figures are crrect, they are all from Official Press Releases downloaded from Juventus.com

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    I am hoping to see Micco again in Juve Shirt. He was our star in pre-CL games. I hope that he score 3 goals against us in both game with Fiorentia!!!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    That whole theory is fundamentally wrong imo. Its not a case of Zlatan Vs miccoli, its much broader than that. By purchasing Zlatan, people will wonder why the hell he gave Trez so much money and an extension. Keeping Miccoli would have placed a direct threat on the peoples champion del piero. Moggi couldn't handle the pressure so he offloaded Miccoli who he knew would speak his mind on the matter if left out.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well if you want to undermine the whole transfer policy over the past year of course you're entitled. But given the situation 2 days ago there wasn't all that much wiggle room in this particular situation.

Of course on longterm policy I too would make a lot of changes, starting with that bigass transfer extension we granted Trez, that was not a good deal in my book, neither was DP's.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    If we still have 1/2 of Micco's contract, when can we get him back? next year? Or do we have to buy out his whole contract again to get him back? ITs unfair really......Fiorentina has Micco when they've only bought half of him....:down:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I just can't understand why every1 is attackin Dp,, we finished from journalist , fans came , we finished from the fans , know what Player like miccoli is complainin about Dp ... oh c'mon whats Dp's fault here .....anyhow i felt really bad when micco left , but not anymore since he feels that dp is the one whom should leav..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Suligol ] ++
    I'm very sad about selling Micco. And he has right to shoot the penalty. But Del Piero or Micco SURE DEL PIERO , Del piero shoots not so many goals, but he helped us in the last years with his passes. Del Piero has more qualities than scoring goals.
    Agree here !

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Miccoli can be as bitter and mad as he wants, lets just see if he can do something in Fiorentina. And too those idiots who think Juve should have sold Montero or someone instead- do you think we would have gotten 7M Euros for him!!!!!!.
    Dont be such blind, Juve have balance in there economy, when using 16M on Zlatan, then you have to sacrifice to get some money to stabialize it. Is it really so damn hard to understand?. Debt is a bad thing, once in it, then its hard to get out, fans should be glad for this, it only shows that Juve are responsible, not like Roma and Lazio!. And Milan i wont mention, they would never survive without Berlusconi's money!.

conclusion=Juve is the best driven club in the world, and they are known for it.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
    Miccoli can be as bitter and mad as he wants, lets just see if he can do something in Fiorentina. And too those idiots who think Juve should have sold Montero or someone instead- do you think we would have gotten 7M Euros for him!!!!!!.
    Dont be such blind, Juve have balance in there economy, when using 16M on Zlatan, then you have to sacrifice to get some money to stabialize it. Is it really so damn hard to understand?. Debt is a bad thing, once in it, then its hard to get out, fans should be glad for this, it only shows that Juve are responsible, not like Roma and Lazio!. And Milan i wont mention, they would never survive without Berlusconi's money!.

conclusion=Juve is the best driven club in the world, and they are known for it.
    right on target.....:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Im not saying that we should have to sacrifice Miccoli or DP, what boders me is that if Juve needed the money why didn't we sell Pessoto, Iuliano, Montero or Zalayeta... even Camoranesi would have been fine... Why Miccoli!!!???
    i agree if juve sold those players , micolli can still be with us:(

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

i agree if juve sold those players , micolli can still be with us:(
    And when Olivera, Cannavaro and Thuram is injured then we have sold their backups, but hell yeah we have Miccoli, he can play as a RB/RM and everything, NOT.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

i never thot i wud say tthis, but i agree with u :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)