"La Juve ha preferito Del Piero" - Miccoli (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Im not saying that we should have to sacrifice Miccoli or DP, what boders me is that if Juve needed the money why didn't we sell Pessoto, Iuliano, Montero or Zalayeta... even Camoranesi would have been fine... Why Miccoli!!!???
Because Pessotto, Iuliano, and Montero wouldn't even bring in the same amount as Miccoli would.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Zlatan is better than Miccoli although Miccoli would have been still useful
Agreed....but Micco would be 4th striker. Zlatan is all-round player.....he can do backup for DP(very skillfull) and for Treze(due to his height & strenght he can be target man) and Im shure that he will be first choice to backup any of them....

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
    "Tornare? Non lo so"

I dont speak italian, but with the help of an online dictionary I translated as something like:

Returning? (to juve) Not alone.

or it can mean the opposite as well, so someone should translate it.
    It means: "Return? I don't know"

Isanie

Sep 1, 2004
    um... a tad bit full of himself if he does really believe that Juventus did that.

I mean, no offense to him as I believe he is a very good player but there is no way that Moggi looked at the situation the same way Miccoli obviously did, like "Oh boy, I want Ibrahimovic in Juventus, who should I sell,, Hmmm, Del Piero or Miccoli?"

Heh. He should be upset yes, but I think Del Piero had nothing to do with the whole deal, so he might as well leave him out of it.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I am more convinced now that Miccoli will never return to our team. I personally would have liked to see him develop as a Juventini but as long as we can find suitable replacement I have no problem with that.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Miccoli is better than DP rite now, although not as good as DP once was. Miccoli's got the skills and physical attributes to cause defense alot of problems, he's unique to the other strikers we have.
    DP is the captain of our team, we have bought many new faces and we need veteran influence to balance out the team. Probably after this season or next season, DP will b a bench player or sold.
    Hopefully Miccoli will still consider a return,if not, we can look for others, Gilardino or Pazzini (very highly rated in CM '04 ;p )

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    I think with Miccoli Juventus lost a wonderful opportunity to replace Del Piero. Del Piero since 1998 has been hit by several injuries, and his performance has been average. He should be cosidered as an average player, or less, still he has the status of a superstar like Totti or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho. This is unhealty for the economy of a team.

It would have been brave by Moggi and Capello, but necessary, to move on. Just let Del Piero go and utilize Miccoli.

Xziz

TroGeee

Jun 3, 2003
    Im not saying that we should have to sacrifice Miccoli or DP, what boders me is that if Juve needed the money why didn't we sell Pessoto, Iuliano, Montero or Zalayeta... even Camoranesi would have been fine... Why Miccoli!!!???
    Guys, this is not Championship Manager, there is also the human side of the thing...Pessotto is with us for more then 10 years, he has 33 years, how can we sell 'Il Professore'? And how much money would we get for him...? He will retire next year with Ferrara, and we will replace him with Chiellini...Selling the half of our defence and replacing them is very risky...(Montero and Iuliano). I know, we have 7 CBs, we should have sell one of them, but for Iuliano, MOntero, Ferrara we would have got nothing...(1-2 M €) And don't forget, Pessotto, Ferrara, DP are the symbols of Juve...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Well I have to wholeheartedly agree with him. Performing infinitely better than Del Piero every time he plays and yet he's still a reserve. We ought to be ashamed of ourselves... and now he doesn't want to return and we're gonna have to shell out even more money for a replacement.

Aug 26, 2003
    surely it hurts that Micco is away but no way to change it!!

I don't like the discussion either Del Piero or Miccoli cause i think it is not Del Pieros fault, it was that Juve wanted Ibrahimovic and needed money and it was Miccoli who should be sold! (and imo you can't sell the Symbol of Juventus in 10 Minutes only cause you need money, so it makes a little bit of sense to me)

but ok, Miccoli would have been useful and more than a reservist cause the injuries and long season etc..

I also think that is a error to start Del Piero every game (especially under Lippi) only cause he is Del PIero, he is my idiol and everybody knows who good he can be, but i think he has to prove and show his worth like every other player, cause it is not good for himself and the whole team!!

but Miccoli to replace Del Piero hm.. i don't hink so Del Piero will play at least for 2 season and so i don't think that Miccoli would have replace him cause he is also 25!!

ok we will see, all in all i hope that we one day Micco will be back and play along side Alex!

forza juve

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    DP has to prove "What have you done for us lately?" Lippi even agrees at the NT.

Cut back on the endorsements and start scoring. This really should be a make or break season for him if he should remain in Juve's future or only its past.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    DP has to prove "What have you done for us lately?" Lippi even agrees at the NT.
    Another thought: given that DP had poor form for most of last season -- especially when compared to Miccoli. And given that Lippi played him in favor of Miccoli for the most part. And given that now Lippi is heading up the NT and doesn't want to play DP -- and is instead selecting Miccoli...

You think there are other forces in Juve's camp keeping DP off the bench even when the coach might be recommending otherwise?

Sure, he sells a lot of licensed jerseys for the club. But winning will do that one a whole lot better.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    Because THEN we would have had TOOOOOOO many "STARTING Strikers/Forward's... u know what i mean...
    btw, miccoli even said, that he is happy choosing to go if he was gonna stay and sit on the bench for most of the time... so now in fiorentina he can play much more and be sure of a place for the italian team in world cup 2006 !

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    ++ [ originally posted by JUVESUPPORTER ] ++
    del piero should have been benched a long time ago, for years hes been starting due to his past accomplishments, y dont we buy batistuata if thats the case
    That's hardly fair. He had one bad season, a season in which everyone sucked by the way. As far as I know he did score 16 goals in the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 championship. He shone a couple of times in the Champions League in 2002-2003 as well, being our best player against Newcastle and Real Madrid.

SO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD Del Piero SHOULD NOT have been benched years ago. ONE bad season isn't fair to criticise Del Piero as hard as you're doing right now. What has Miccoli ever done for us? Not even 8% of what Del Piero has done.

I admit he had a hard season last year and in 1999-2000 and 2000-2001, but hey give the guy a break for god's sake. He has played brilliant seasons as well and 2003 IS NOT A DECADE AGO! Furthermore, why isn't everyone burning Nedved? He had an awful season last year.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Another thought: given that DP had poor form for most of last season -- especially when compared to Miccoli. And given that Lippi played him in favor of Miccoli for the most part. And given that now Lippi is heading up the NT and doesn't want to play DP -- and is instead selecting Miccoli...

You think there are other forces in Juve's camp keeping DP off the bench even when the coach might be recommending otherwise?

Sure, he sells a lot of licensed jerseys for the club. But winning will do that one a whole lot better.
    Oh and complaining when two nations play a strange 2-2 tie when they need to is disturbed? Yes, THEN you're a conspiracy theorist, right? Come on, do you even believe what you wrote?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Exactly !!! Get rid of some dead weight, not a useful player

Then, we push Chellini out, and keep these other senior citizens........

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Well I have to wholeheartedly agree with him. Performing infinitely better than Del Piero every time he plays and yet he's still a reserve. We ought to be ashamed of ourselves... and now he doesn't want to return and we're gonna have to shell out even more money for a replacement.
    Well, to be honest I think Miccoli is just a small ignorant bastard. How could he seriously think Juventus would choose him over Del Piero. And he shouldn't make it look like Del Piero is the one to blame for his departure. Del Piero used to Miccoli's colleague and you treat colleagues with respect. This is just wanting to get back and using the press for it. And guess what? Miccoli succeeded: look at us all criticising Del Piero for something he hardly is involved in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)