L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Let's agree to disagree.

I think English is only a minor reason why EPL is ahead of everyone.
I agree on your first point.

There was a report done by a marketing firm I think that compared English PL marketing and appearance to other leagues. EPL straight up dominated every area. In EPL even details like camera position, lights, pitch colors etc are perfectioned.

English language is not even a problem for them to perfection, it's native for virtually the entire globe.

I can't find the report now but it was really mind blowing.. hopefully someone got a link if they've read it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
Serie A was the most popular league in the world from mid 80's to early '00s because it had the drawing power to attract the best players on the planet. EPL was a retirement league for Serie A back then. Unfortunately La Liga and EPL evolved while Serie A is still stuck in its old ways outside of Juventus. Production and presentation of a Serie A match on television compared to EPL is so far behind. It's like still watching a match back in the 90's. Not to mention the toilet bowl of stadiums with empty seats that is just not attractive for a viewer.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Thousands... that's nothing unfortunately.

EPL marketing is native marketing for virtually the entire globe. While Italy has to change everything. Yet they still don't.. Italy is still stuck in stadiums being shitty and old. They can't even move to the next phase of actually marketing their league better.
That's certainly a factor but look at Bundesliga. They've got some of the best stadiums in the world and yet they receive nowhere near the same revenue or general attention as La Liga or BPL. It all comes down to the quality of the sides and, as you said, marketing- something which juve are trying to set an example to the rest of the league

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Serie A was the most popular league in the world from mid 80's to early '00s because it had the drawing power to attract the best players on the planet. EPL was a retirement league for Serie A back then. Unfortunately La Liga and EPL evolved while Serie A is still stuck in its old ways outside of Juventus. Production and presentation of a Serie A match on television compared to EPL is so far behind. It's like still watching a match back in the 90's. Not to mention the toilet bowl of stadiums with empty seats that is just not attractive for a viewer.
Exactly. I remember watching Serie A in 1998. Nothing really changed, lights, pitch, all looks the same.
EPL changed a lot from the 90s to now. It's a whole different proposition. Modern, attractive, pleasurable to look at.

They know how to market themselves (thanks to a lot of investments). Italy has no investments and they don't even know how to market themselves, except very few clubs. And the English language thing it's another thing that EPL don't even have to worry about.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
That's certainly a factor but look at Bundesliga. They've got some of the best stadiums in the world and yet they receive nowhere near the same revenue or general attention as La Liga or BPL. It all comes down to the quality of the sides and, as you said, marketing- something which juve are trying to set an example to the rest of the league
Germany is somewhere between Italy and EPL. They have beautiful facilities but they are also stuck in the past with their marketing. They don't have the investments as EPL has and they don't even try to market themselves outside Germany, outside a few clubs.

Unless someone takes actual action in order to appeal to the entire globe (as the EPL did), Italy and Germany will remain stuck in the past except the very best teams. Same for La Liga. They matter mostly because of Real and Barca, otherwise they would be famous as Ligue 1.

Globalization is everything in this day and age.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
italy is a third world country, they should move the league to the states or canada
You should visit sometime, dope place. I have never got any real third world country aka Arfican vibes (not that I would've visited or would ever visit Africa).

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
We have been talking about this for 10 years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)