##Korea's WC squad## (1 Viewer)

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Mods.... why dont we have a single thread for the WC squads of all the 32 nations .... just to keep things tidy ...Not all of the counties have announced their squads, but having a thread dedicated to that and closing it would be great to have soon...

anyways .. here is South Korea's squad.....

GK

Lee Woon-jae (Suwon Samsung Bluewings)

Kim Yong-dae (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma)

Kim Young-kwang (Chunnam Dragons)

DF

Choi Jin-cheul (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)

Cho Won-hee (Suwon Samsung Bluewings)

Lee Young-pyo (Tottenham Hotspur, England)

Kim Dong-jin (FC Seoul)

Kim Sang-shik (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma)

Kim Yong-chul (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma)

Kim Jin-kyu (Jubilo Iwata, Japan)

Song Chong-guk (Suwon Samsung Bluewings)

MF

Baek Ji-hoon (FC Seoul)

Kim Nam-il ( Suwon Samsung Bluewings)

Park Ji-sung (ManchesterUnited, England)

Kim Doo-heon (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma)

Lee Eul-yong (Trabszonspor, Turkey)

Lee Ho (Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i)

FW

Park Chu Young (FC Seoul)

Ahn Jung-hwan (MSV Duisberg, Germany)

Lee Chun-soo (Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i)

Seol Ki-hyeon (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England)

Chung Kyung-ho (Gwangju Sangmu)

Cho Jae-jin (ShimizuS-Pulse, Japan)

Stand-by

Kim Byung-ji (FC Seoul)

Yoo Kyoung-ryeol (Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i)

Jong Hak-yong (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma)

Kim Jung-woo (Nagoya Grampus Eight, Japan)

Cha Du-ri (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany)

John Duerden

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Dang, you beat me to it.

No big surprises... the selection I'm happiest with is Song Chong-Guk, whom some may remember as one of the goalscorers in the 3rd place match against Turkey, or from his Feyenoord days.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Thats 10 Kims,5 Lees and 2 Parks. I hope they lose in the most humiliationg manner, I watched a WC Qualifier between Lebanon and S.Korea in Beirut last year, I think I broke the record for screaming the words "Fvck You Ahn", he was next to the corner where i was sitting and someone hit him with a water bottle, i screamed out in laughter and we met eye 2 eye, then i gave him the finger and kissed my Italia Jersey, one of the most glorious moments in my life. :D

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    gray said:
    Dang, you beat me to it.

No big surprises... the selection I'm happiest with is Song Chong-Guk, whom some may remember as one of the goalscorers in the 3rd place match against Turkey, or from his Feyenoord days.

ya .. i remember his qoal... my question is will Korea be able to repeat what they've done in 2002....??

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Stripper said:
    Thats 10 Kims,5 Lees and 2 Parks. I hope they lose in the most humiliationg manner, I watched a WC Qualifier between Lebanon and S.Korea in Beirut last year, I think I broke the record for screaming the words "Fvck You Ahn", he was next to the corner where i was sitting and someone hit him with a water bottle, i screamed out in laughter and we met eye 2 eye, then i gave him the finger and kissed my Italia Jersey, one of the most glorious moments in my life. :D
    :lol: :lol:...... +rep

.... you should'nt be doing that to other teams my friend... but thanx for the laugh anyways

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Stripper said:
    Thats 10 Kims,5 Lees and 2 Parks.
    Ahh yes... the most common Korean surnames are probably Kim, Lee, Park, Jung and Choi.

Stripper said:
    I hope they lose in the most humiliationg manner, I watched a WC Qualifier between Lebanon and S.Korea in Beirut last year, I think I broke the record for screaming the words "Fvck You Ahn", he was next to the corner where i was sitting and someone hit him with a water bottle, i screamed out in laughter and we met eye 2 eye, then i gave him the finger and kissed my Italia Jersey, one of the most glorious moments in my life. :D
    Hrmm sounds like sour grapes to me. What's with the ill feeling toward Ahn and the Korean NT anyway? I hear so many people (to this day) say that they're the biggest cheaters in the world etc, but the things that people are crying foul over (referee decisions and whatnot) aren't really things that the players themselves did.

Hating a player that much because he scored against your team makes about as much sense as a club sacking a player for doing his job for his country

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
    BAH BAH BAH!

I hope Korea to go down bigtime. Not because of the players though. I agree with you there, Gray. But they did only advance to the semi-finals in 2002 because of two fixed games and I don't think we need to argue about it.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    gray said:
    Ahh yes... the most common Korean surnames are probably Kim, Lee, Park, Jung and Choi.

Hrmm sounds like sour grapes to me. What's with the ill feeling toward Ahn and the Korean NT anyway? I hear so many people (to this day) say that they're the biggest cheaters in the world etc, but the things that people are crying foul over (referee decisions and whatnot) aren't really things that the players themselves did.

Hating a player that much because he scored against your team makes about as much sense as a club sacking a player for doing his job for his country
    :agree: I mean, anyone remember what Trezeguet did, right before he came to Juventus. Do you hate him then too?

PS I could have used Ibra aswell, but chances are I would get a positive answer then.;):p

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    I choose to be pissed off at Ahn and every1 on that Korean team that day not only for Italy but also the disgusting way they beat Spain. Byron Moreno can rot in hell too.. Trez and Zlatan scored in a fair game, but i still have my anger towards the "magical" 2-2 draw between sweden and denmark

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
    redshift_rider said:
    i still remember that match, that dickhead byron. i read in the papers the foll. day that he came to be known as the most hated man in Italy. i certainly hated him. the lucky Koreans.
    I wouldn't call it "luck" ;).

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    gray said:
    Doing such a thing was just ridiculus...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)