Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (6 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Very informative :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

One of the major things i disliked about the Ukraine situation, is how the EU is putting false hope in people in a bad situation allready.

i'm a bit surprised about the gas delivery. i tought ukraine had some big discount, or thats when i've read a few times, is that a thing from the past, or never actually true at all ?
I know some people who actually believed that right after Maidan EU would help us with something, I don't think that they even knew what actually EU should/must do, because they had a wrong impression about EU.
I personally thought that USA (and basically EU), UK would help us with weapons, esp. Javelins, if Putin starts war. It didn't happen, I was wrong. Sanctions really helped though, without them it would impossible for us to do anything.

About gas delivery, before Maidan we paid like 414-430 $ per 1000 cubes, at the same time Germany for example paid something like 300. It was never a market value and russian always used price for gas as a political tool. It would be also fair to mention that Ukrainian politicians (especially at Yanukovich times) were not very upset with this price, because 30-40 percent of this price went into theirs and putins friends pockets.

Now we buy gas directly from Russia, signed a new document like a couple of weeks ago, and it costs us 160 $ per 1000 cubes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Problem with getting arms from the US, is like the non soviet influence states getting arms from russia

You'd get stuff that they are replacing. Several russian allied nations get S-300 anti air. Meanwhile on every remotely vital point they put a dozen of S-400's, and are testing the S-500 replacement for that. They dont sell their S-400.
USA has pretty nice F-22's. They arent selling those. But they pressure allied nations like belgium for example, to buy that extremely overpriced piece of JSF crap.

They'd sell you stuff that improves the stock, but doesnt really dent the russian equipment. However, its extremely lucrative. Its good it didnt happen.

And its even better, you get that great gas price now, should help. Hopefully they dont change their minds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)