Kia Jourabchian (1 Viewer)

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
Joorabchian: Hammers deal still on

Eurosport - Alex Chick - 05/09/2006 17:26

Argentina duo happy with Hammers moveKia Joorabchian has told the London Stock Exchange he is considering a takeover bid for West Ham. The Iranian-born British businessman said there was no guarantee he would try to buy the club and that no immediate bid would be made following the death of his father Mohammed.

"Kia Joorabchian wishes to clarify that he has not ruled out the option of making a bid for West Ham United PLC but, due to a recent family bereavement, the immediate focus of his attention is on family matters," said a statement.

"There can be no certainty that an offer will be made nor as to the terms on which any such offer might be made."

Joorabchian was a member of Media Sports Investment, the group of investors that held the rights to Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano and brokered the recent deal taking them to Upton Park.

However he left MSI in June, but reportedly maintained a stake in the two Argentinian players.

He was at the head of an MSI bid to take over West Ham last autumn, but no deal was struck with Hammers chairman Terry Brown.

Last Friday West Ham confirmed to the London Stock Exchange that any potential takeover was not "contractually linked" to the signings of Tevez and Mascherano.

No details of the deadline-day transfer coup were released, other than a confirmation that the deals were permanent.

Source: Eurosport
http://www.eurosport.com/football/premiership/2006-2007/sport_sto958215.shtml

I've followed Kia in Corintians. He's a good and wise manager. I wished he become Juve's president but I feel he's good enough for west ham not Juve

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)