juventus's biggest european rivals (1 Viewer)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by neved11 ] ++
Man Utd:
Another dump team in Europe, probably the most fluke team in the world! Revenge of our 1999 CL knock out!

Barca:
Always good to beat this so-called most offensive team, well, they lose to Chelsea in QF of last year CL though, maybe just a overrated team!
I wouldn't call Man U a fluke team even though I dislike them. They look strong this season and I hope if we don't draw them at all in the competition

Barca are going to be one of the favourites for this season's CL and I have no fkn clue how you can call them an over-rated team :confused: Have you seen them play? Because if you say Juve are better than them, I wonder how you'll explain yourself when Barca play much more exciting football.

Our rivals for CL glory this season:
Man U
Chelsea
Milan
Barca

Dark horses:
Real Madrid (heh)
Villareal (if they qualify)
Arsenal
Bayern

Can't see Liverpool doing well because... they're shite. To be honest, I feel this is most likely going to go to Chelsea, Milan or Barca. Juve have not strengthened enough. Either way I hope we do well

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

I wouldn't call Man U a fluke team even though I dislike them. They look strong this season and I hope if we don't draw them at all in the competition

Barca are going to be one of the favourites for this season's CL and I have no fkn clue how you can call them an over-rated team :confused: Have you seen them play? Because if you say Juve are better than them, I wonder how you'll explain yourself when Barca play much more exciting football.

Our rivals for CL glory this season:
Man U
Chelsea
Milan
Barca

Dark horses:
Real Madrid (heh)
Villareal (if they qualify)
Arsenal
Bayern

Can't see Liverpool doing well because... they're shite. To be honest, I feel this is most likely going to go to Chelsea, Milan or Barca. Juve have not strengthened enough. Either way I hope we do well
Agree in almost everything except that Juve has not strengthen enough.
Look at the players in our team! We´re up there with Milan, Barca, Real and Chelsea.
Those 5 teams are the strongest in Europe at the moment.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
QUOTE]++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

Can't see Liverpool doing well because... they're shite. To be honest, I feel this is most likely going to go to Chelsea, Milan or Barca. Juve have not strengthened enough. Either way I hope we do well [/QUOTE]

Surely, Barca is surely one of the strongest teams in world last season. As you said, they played very exciting football. However, they still lose to Chelsea. That's why I think they are not concrete enough. If they face a compact team like Juve, which can play the best defensive football, then I think Barca will have a very hard time.

Liverpool?! Yes, they are shitt and fluke.

Aug 24, 2005
Well, we´re going to have to face one of these in the first stage of the CL, cause we´re not head of group:
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester, Bayern, Arsenal.....

I prefer Real Madrid..... :D We already know how to beat them, and I think they don´t look really well this season...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
how is chelsea our rival? :undecide:
Big rivalry, Fli. Goes back... oh, way back... oh... so far back I can't even remember the last time they played each other. :rolleyes:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Agree in almost everything except that Juve has not strengthen enough.
Look at the players in our team! We´re up there with Milan, Barca, Real and Chelsea.
Those 5 teams are the strongest in Europe at the moment.
I feel that our midfield doesn't have the creativity to be one of the strongest teams in Europe.

Hard to break down and win? Definitely Juve. But that doesn't mean we're strong. Bayern are hard to break down but I wouldn't class them as one of Europe's strongest.

I guess its how we define the words 'strongest team' so I don't disagree with your opinion

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

You think Man United can win the Champions League this season?! :eek:
Yes, to be honest, I think they've got as much chance as us winning the CL. But I hope they don't... the Man U fans have been pretty quiet lately and I'd like to to keep it that way ;) ;)

++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Chelsea's a big contender for the CL though, so in that sense they are our 'rival' for the title.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I wasn't thinking rival in the sense of Milan-Inter, Barca-Real. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)