Juventus vs. Newcastle on 7-29-07 (6 Viewers)

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Our roster is better than New Castle. Excuses are for losers and we have a slew of excuses today. Ranieri can tinker all he wants, but it isn't helping. He knows and I think many people on here know damn well what certain players are capable of. If he doesn't know that Zebina is a moron than he clearly has not done is homework. I have never been a fan of the Ranieri hiring, and I hope I am wrong, but usually coaches who can't win the big one, never win the big one. I beleive that what we saw today will be a theme for the season. We focused too much on the attack and playing beautiful football. It happens to teams like this every time. They pass it around, they create good chances, they control the ball and hustle and then... whoops! mistake goal the other way. If we are going to be successful this season we are going to have to focus on team defence. Our defensive unit is not good enough to handle the task themselves.

No matter how bad some people want to see Tiago and Almiron together in the CM, it is not going to work. There is NOT a true ball winner and no team needs two similar players in the CM. Lampard and Gerrard can't work together... nor can Tiago and Almiron. Zanetti or Nocerino need to play next to one of them.

Our defense is NOT good. My main concern is that we are getting rid of Chiellini. Why would we NOT start this guy? Sure we are playing Hamburg next week, but c'mon start your better players against the better team. Ranieri has a little obsession with Molinaro, and I think he is good too, but Chiellini should have started at CB or LB in this game.

Excuses like fitness, goalkeeping and mistakes are going to sound like a broken record this year if we don't get better fast. I have no faith in Ranieri, never did, but our players need to be put in better positions. Please don't use the "well he has to try different things" excuse. He should have a very good idea of what he wants right now and if this was a sign than we are in trouble.

Juventus underachieved today and it is only do to poor team setup and poor pre-season preparation. Maybe instead of fooling around with balls right away they should have stuck to more traditional fitness drills. You can play all the fun football you want and have all the fun practices you want, and have a great "attitude" all you want, but that stuff is only fun when your team is winning. We need to improve our fitness, our tactics, our player selection and our defence fast or this is going to be a long a dissappointing season.

This is a VERY important season. If we don't qualify for CL this year we could be looking at a whole other year like this will be. I am praying for success, but so far I am extremely concerned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I couldn't watch the game but i read all the comments and yes.. i think its only a matter of time to improve this juve play, and relax a little, this was just our first real test, but only TEST so we can repair our errors now and not in serie A. However, i trust that andrade, iaquinta, and some others players can play better, maybe with DP and camoranesi we may play better but is only a matter of time. Remember, this was just a friendly and not with inter or milan, just with an england club who was more prepared than us NOW, calm down, we have time yet and i really hope that this juventus can reach important thing in the near future :)
remember, we still being JUVENTUS!

BTW, anyone have some highlights??
Check the Multimedia section, there are some in there.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
For all you guys using when newcastle started their preseason and when we started ours, can you also equate that with when serieb finished and when epl finished? I think footballers are not get too many vacations anymore. Its almost like just 3 weeks ago that season finished but I am sure it was longer. I am not even interested in the results, its the fact that in preseason, the point is getting every1 fit. So why are someplayers just getting 6 minutes, some not playing at all while others are getting 90 minutes? What exactly is the point of that? How can Ranieri come out and say it was about fitness if he seemed to be taking the game as serious as Cl final. Who is organising these matches anyway? You play in the northeast of England 1 on sunday, go to Germany on wednesday and then come back to the north east next sunday. Even if these guys were fit, this would have been tiring with all the travelling, talk less of guys who are not match fit yet. It just seems a very strange way to organise friendlies. They even wanted to take these boys to play at Hearts after the Sunderland game but our stock has fallen so much that Hearts are declining to play against us. Add that to the fiasco of Coventry, don't these guys know we are at building fences stage and cannot be scoring own goals in the PR department? I don't think its fair for me to pass judgement on Milinaro because i have never seen him play but others I do know about so I know their capabilities and I must say they have to go to the transfer market and overhaul that defence as it looks suspect at best and shambolic as worst. It was not about fitness, it was more decision making that I found worrying.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Our roster is better than New Castle. Excuses are for losers and we have a slew of excuses today. Ranieri can tinker all he wants, but it isn't helping. He knows and I think many people on here know damn well what certain players are capable of. If he doesn't know that Zebina is a moron than he clearly has not done is homework. I have never been a fan of the Ranieri hiring, and I hope I am wrong, but usually coaches who can't win the big one, never win the big one. I beleive that what we saw today will be a theme for the season. We focused too much on the attack and playing beautiful football. It happens to teams like this every time. They pass it around, they create good chances, they control the ball and hustle and then... whoops! mistake goal the other way. If we are going to be successful this season we are going to have to focus on team defence. Our defensive unit is not good enough to handle the task themselves.

No matter how bad some people want to see Tiago and Almiron together in the CM, it is not going to work. There is NOT a true ball winner and no team needs two similar players in the CM. Lampard and Gerrard can't work together... nor can Tiago and Almiron. Zanetti or Nocerino need to play next to one of them.

Our defense is NOT good. My main concern is that we are getting rid of Chiellini. Why would we NOT start this guy? Sure we are playing Hamburg next week, but c'mon start your better players against the better team. Ranieri has a little obsession with Molinaro, and I think he is good too, but Chiellini should have started at CB or LB in this game.

Excuses like fitness, goalkeeping and mistakes are going to sound like a broken record this year if we don't get better fast. I have no faith in Ranieri, never did, but our players need to be put in better positions. Please don't use the "well he has to try different things" excuse. He should have a very good idea of what he wants right now and if this was a sign than we are in trouble.

Juventus underachieved today and it is only do to poor team setup and poor pre-season preparation. Maybe instead of fooling around with balls right away they should have stuck to more traditional fitness drills. You can play all the fun football you want and have all the fun practices you want, and have a great "attitude" all you want, but that stuff is only fun when your team is winning. We need to improve our fitness, our tactics, our player selection and our defence fast or this is going to be a long a dissappointing season.

This is a VERY important season. If we don't qualify for CL this year we could be looking at a whole other year like this will be. I am praying for success, but so far I am extremely concerned.
:blah: :sleepy: :blah: :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is NOT a true ball winner and no team needs two similar players in the CM.
You know what, you can say Juventus doesn't need Mexican players, you can call Ranieri an idiot, you can spell Newcastle "New Castle," that's fine be me. Who really cares.

But please don't come on here and say Tiago and Almiron are similar players. You don't fucking know what you're talking about.

I take it you're new at football, but please stop talking so much rubbish.

nufc_toon

Jul 25, 2007
An interesting game it was indeed.

You can argue that we are ahead on fitness, but Celtic were "ahead of fitness" above us on Thursday night - but we thrashed them 4-1. Fitness means next to nothing in games like this. Ranieri is one of the biggest crap-talkers i've seen as a manager, he was like it at Chelsea.

Our goalkeeper had two difficult saves to make, the chances you had ended up in the stands and that's something you obviously need to work on.

You can argue that it wasn't a penalty, but there was definitely contact and that made Milner lose his footing and go down - it was not a dive. However, the "assult" Buffon made on Carroll was shocked imo and should have been a straight red. There are no excuses for that, he did not try to play the ball and intentionally clattered into our player. Disgusting behaviour, especially in a friendly. :tdown:

However you can take some positives from this, I noticed in particular the guy you had upfront with Trezequet was an excellent player he moved for the ball and constantly got behind our back four. Your passing was good, and you moved the ball around well. Untill we were given the penalty, it was your game but after that your heads dropped and you looked lifeless for about 20 minutes - something you cannot do in a football game.

IMO, you need a center back and right back, whoever you had in defence today were not up to standard James Milner was slaughtering the guy in right back, and several times the offside trap failed.

It was overall a good match, and nice to see some Juventus fans made the journey to support the team. Thanks for the friendly, and thanks for the help with our interview for the website - it was extremely helpful.

Now do us a favour and thrash Sunderland Scum next weekend :p :D

My time has ended on this place, goodbye. :)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The guy next to Trezeguet is called Vincenzo Iaquinta and since he is a world champion you should have recognized him.
The defender on the right is Zebina and he played many european matches with Juve and Roma. You should have recognized him also.

I find it outrageous a football fan who doesn't recognize a world champion (who was awful and far from excellent) and who is a fan of one of the most overrated teams and biggest chokers in the universe to give us tips how shall Juventus play in the future.

Goodbye

nufc_toon

Jul 25, 2007
The guy next to Trezeguet is called Vincenzo Iaquinta and since he is a world champion you should have recognized him.
The defender on the right is Zebina and he played many european matches with Juve and Roma. You should have recognized him also.

I find it outrageous a football fan who doesn't recognize a world champion (who was awful and far from excellent) and who is a fan of one of the most overrated teams and biggest chokers in the universe to give us tips how shall Juventus play in the future.

Goodbye
I know Iaquinta but have absolutely no idea how to spell his name, and had no resources to hand to check that.

At the end of the day mate, Iaquinta was the only Juventus player (except Nedved) who looked interested in the game and wanted to score.

I'm not "giving tips", i'm just sharing my views and opinions on the game - as I did with Celtic, you need to learn to take critiscm sometimes aswell as praise. Tonykart with his post further up this thread is the only guy who can look at the game and admit faults. Fair play to him.

Overrated? You what? :eyebrows:
Biggest chokers in the universe?... We'll see.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I know Iaquinta but have absolutely no idea how to spell his name, and had no resources to hand to check that.

At the end of the day mate, Iaquinta was the only Juventus player (except Nedved) who looked interested in the game and wanted to score.

I'm not "giving tips", i'm just sharing my views and opinions on the game - as I did with Celtic, you need to learn to take critiscm sometimes aswell as praise. Tonykart with his post further up this thread is the only guy who can look at the game and admit faults. Fair play to him.

Nevermind. Good luck in EPL :)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

You can already see the Allardyce effect on your team, you look far more organised defensively than the last few years though you were never seriously tested.

We were poor but that was our first proper friendly so you guys had a bit more match sharpness and generally looked more interested than us.

You will do well to get in the UEFA cup spot this season but I still don't see any trophies for you in the foreseeable future.

Cheers for humping Smeltic.

Ajmel

Aug 20, 2006

I had awesome seats :)

---------

Buffon takes down "someone", can't remember who it was, but it was lethal watching it happening live :)

-----------

Buffon after the match, signing autographs, I even got a three second handshake, lmao, although the Newcastle supporters booed him and dissed him with their silly remarks, he was extremely kind and signed autographs on both sides of the barrier.

---------------

Del Piero is an awesome, awesome, awesome guy.

I repeatedly shouted Pinturicchio over the top of everyone else and he looked around and I gave him a thumbs up, he gave a beaming smile (I am not Italian and neither does my accent even come close to reassembling an Italian accent) and then went back to signing autographs, as you can see in the picture above, he doesn't particularly like the Newcastle supporters, who booed him and then couldn't wait to get his signature when he came over.

Unfortunately I did not have anything with me, though if I had a white marker pen I would let him take the jacket over the barrier and sign it :D

----------------

PHP:
http://www.zshare.net/download/28988026d59a25/
Two videos I made on my phone because my Digital Camera batteries ran out and I did'nt bring spares, I have 100's of photo's, its ridiculous.

I can't be bothered uploading the rest of the pictures and videos, there are too many..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I thought about going down to the game, but I couldn't be arsed going 4 hours for a friendly game, especially since I didn't know how strong a team we would play.

Glad I didn't go now given the performance and DP not getting on.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
An interesting game it was indeed.

You can argue that we are ahead on fitness, but Celtic were "ahead of fitness" above us on Thursday night - but we thrashed them 4-1. Fitness means next to nothing in games like this. Ranieri is one of the biggest crap-talkers i've seen as a manager, he was like it at Chelsea.

Our goalkeeper had two difficult saves to make, the chances you had ended up in the stands and that's something you obviously need to work on.

You can argue that it wasn't a penalty, but there was definitely contact and that made Milner lose his footing and go down - it was not a dive. However, the "assult" Buffon made on Carroll was shocked imo and should have been a straight red. There are no excuses for that, he did not try to play the ball and intentionally clattered into our player. Disgusting behaviour, especially in a friendly. :tdown:

However you can take some positives from this, I noticed in particular the guy you had upfront with Trezequet was an excellent player he moved for the ball and constantly got behind our back four. Your passing was good, and you moved the ball around well. Untill we were given the penalty, it was your game but after that your heads dropped and you looked lifeless for about 20 minutes - something you cannot do in a football game.

IMO, you need a center back and right back, whoever you had in defence today were not up to standard James Milner was slaughtering the guy in right back, and several times the offside trap failed.

It was overall a good match, and nice to see some Juventus fans made the journey to support the team. Thanks for the friendly, and thanks for the help with our interview for the website - it was extremely helpful.

Now do us a favour and thrash Sunderland Scum next weekend :p :D

My time has ended on this place, goodbye. :)
there was no way on gods earth that it was a definate penalty. some of your players need to get some muscle and stand up a little better, and next time get a ref that isnt a newcastle fan to ref the game. 2-0 was a flattering scoreline for you, very flattering, and how on gods earth given was motm was beyond me because almiron was by far the best player on that pitch, perhaps even buffon, but given did f*ck all but catch some easy balls and time waste

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
You know what, you can say Juventus doesn't need Mexican players, you can call Ranieri an idiot, you can spell Newcastle "New Castle," that's fine be me. Who really cares.

But please don't come on here and say Tiago and Almiron are similar players. You don't fucking know what you're talking about.

I take it you're new at football, but please stop talking so much rubbish.
How are they not similar players. They are both average defenders, they are both good passers. They both have good long range shots and are creative? What tiny little fact are you going to uncover now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)