Juventus Next Gen (9 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Didn’t watch the game today but Correia scored another goal and ranocchia had an assist. That’s now 4 goals and 4 assists in 15 appearances for Correia, great production relative to his position.

Jun 16, 2020
The team lacks a main scorer? Because Petrelli scored 3 of those 5 goals in one match. How many games have they played?
Yes we miss a main scorer. Vrioni is the best attacker we have, but got a heavy injury. We signed Marques from Barca a year ago, but he isnt anything special. Same for Petrelli imo. Da Graca (U19) basically never plays for U23. We should have someone who scores something like 15-20 goals.

Fagioli trained with the senior squad again. Hopefully he gets selected for sundays game, would be his first time. Wasnt as impressive as he was last season, a bit struggling to find his best form after he started with a injury.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Unless Juve starts opening space for these kids in the main team, there's not much motivation to follow the under teams.

Portanova is very, very underwhelming.

Frabotta is decent enough though. I like him, because he is a classic left footed kid who plays hugging the line and always trys to play forward. He has personality. Nowadays, fullbacks and "wingers" are addicted to playing backwards. In another environment (better defined team roles and more stbilized team) he could have done better.

Vrioni doesn't look like a big of a deal, and Dragusin didn't have opportunities so far.

Thing is they continue to be extremely conservative with these kids. When Alex Sandro was injured, if Correia was playing so well, why didn't he have a chance? Isnt that the sole reason (which I don't agree with) to purposedly copy the upper teams scheme and force guys on positions different from theie natural roles?

Anyway, I know there's a promising generation on U17 or U20 right now. But given Juve's inability to groom talent, I don't care as much anymore. Used to love to follow these kids.

Jun 16, 2020
Unless Juve starts opening space for these kids in the main team, there's not much motivation to follow the under teams.

Portanova is very, very underwhelming.

Frabotta is decent enough though. I like him, because he is a classic left footed kid who plays hugging the line and always trys to play forward. He has personality. Nowadays, fullbacks and "wingers" are addicted to playing backwards. In another environment (better defined team roles and more stbilized team) he could have done better.

Vrioni doesn't look like a big of a deal, and Dragusin didn't have opportunities so far.

Thing is they continue to be extremely conservative with these kids. When Alex Sandro was injured, if Correia was playing so well, why didn't he have a chance? Isnt that the sole reason (which I don't agree with) to purposedly copy the upper teams scheme and force guys on positions different from theie natural roles?

Anyway, I know there's a promising generation on U17 or U20 right now. But given Juve's inability to groom talent, I don't care as much anymore. Used to love to follow these kids.
Well this is by far the most interesting time ever to follow the youth teams.

Enough options available to see the games, club invested a lot and Pirlo seems so be willing to give those guys a chance. I’m quite sure that some youngsters would’ve played more if we had a different start of this season.

But of course, don’t get carried away by seeing 18 year old performing well at their level, and keep in mind that it’s usually not very rewarding to watch primavera games, otherwise you’re just wasting your time.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What happened with Fagioli? he looks a lot more promising than Portanova. Nicolussi-Caviglia was looking good as well but iirc he got a season ending injury.

Is Correia a fullback? I thought he was a winger.

Jun 16, 2020
What happened with Fagioli? he looks a lot more promising than Portanova. Nicolussi-Caviglia was looking good as well but iirc he got a season ending injury.

Im waiting for the squad list for tonight, got a feeling that Fagioli will be there finally.

- - - Updated - - -

I was right:

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

I think fagioli will be part of the first team permanently if/when portanova goes to Genoa.

Correia has been playing primarily LWB this season, in the Cuadrado role, but on the other flank. I wish he’d get a chance, especially now that Sandro has the big c and will certainly miss multiple games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)