Juventus Next Gen (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2020
I'm presuming Wesley will go on loan next season, but I'd like to see him in a couple of games before the season ends. I suppose much depends how the scudetto race goes.
I saw him once at U19 in the Coppa semi-final against Fiorentina. He was very wild and fast. I think I saw like 60 minutes of that game, he seemed to me as a typical Brazilian right back. Loving to go forward, but lacking in defensive discipline. But again I’ve seen just a hour of him 3 months ago so I’m not making any conclusions for now.

I’m hyped for tonight. Probably don’t have time to see the game but I for sure will later this week.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ_sB8EMKot5rkfcPR3jn6_QvWlR9v3-lCjdQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Le probabili formazioni:

TERNANA (4-3-1-2) Iannarilli, Parodi, Russo, Celli, Mammarella, Paghera, Palumbo, Verna, Partipilo, Ferrante, Vantaggiato

JUVENTUS UNDER 23

Loria

Di Pardo - Coccolo - Delli Carri - Beruatto

Touré - Muratore

Del Sole - Brunori - Zanimacchia

Marchi​

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

JUVENTUS UNDER 23

Loria

Di Pardo - Coccolo - Delli Carri - Beruatto

Touré - Muratore

Del Sole - Brunori - Zanimacchia

Marchi​
Aren't we selling Muratore to Atalanta for 12m plusvalenza?

We rarely use youth but we buy them for 80m and sell the ones we make for 12m and never see them again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm sorry Hustini, but I'm not sure we are in a legit sitting to complain about a 22 year old who's still in youth level/Serie C. If we are selling him for 12m that's best case scenario (with rumoured buyback)considering level he is playing in. I'm guessing it will be lower.

Theres complaints to be had about our youth academy, but I dont think this is it chief.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Aren't we selling Muratore to Atalanta for 12m plusvalenza?

We rarely use youth but we buy them for 80m and sell the ones we make for 12m and never see them again.

fabioparatici-juventus2.jpg
Yeah but right now he's a Juventus player. so why can't he play in this match? He played a few minutes for the first team last night, you probably noticed :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW I wonder what kind of shape the teams will be in considering that they haven't played since February.

In a normal season you'd make Ternana firm favourites for the game, but it's a little bit more of a lottery in these circumstances. Experience may tell, but so may younger legs if the game stays close later on.

Either way, this kind of game is exactly the reason why the U23 team is important - it creates pressure situations and learning for young players so they can be successful professionals.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I am not saying he can't play in this match. I asked a question :grin:
I do find it funny though how it's suddenly a bad deal because Atalanta are interested in him. I bet half of our fans hadn't even heard of him before that. There was even a point where there was talk of releasing him because of his injury issues.

He always stood out at U20 level because he had size to go with his technique and maturity, but he does look a safe bet for a good career. If I was in his shoes I'd think what a fantastic opportunity Atalanta would be, who wouldn't want to play for them right now? But on the other side of it, he has been with the club since he was 13 years old, so having some kind of return clause suits all parties. It wouldn't surprise me if it is €20m or more if the €12m figure is to be believed. It's all figure fudging now anyway.

Unfortunately I don't see many scenarios now where even the best prospects come through the academy and gradually ease into the first team. You'll see more of them being sold with staggered options to buy back. Short term income on each one sold, then if a player is outstanding the option is there. With co-ownerships dead and loans soon to be limited this is the way we'll do business with young players. Loans to different clubs for multiple seasons rarely ever worked.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I do find it funny though how it's suddenly a bad deal because Atalanta are interested in him. I bet half of our fans hadn't even heard of him before that. There was even a point where there was talk of releasing him because of his injury issues.

He always stood out at U20 level because he had size to go with his technique and maturity, but he does look a safe bet for a good career. If I was in his shoes I'd think what a fantastic opportunity Atalanta would be, who wouldn't want to play for them right now? But on the other side of it, he has been with the club since he was 13 years old, so having some kind of return clause suits all parties. It wouldn't surprise me if it is €20m or more if the €12m figure is to be believed. It's all figure fudging now anyway.

Unfortunately I don't see many scenarios now where even the best prospects come through the academy and gradually easy into the first team. You'll see more of them being sold with staggered options to buy back. Short term income on each one sold, then if a player is outstanding the option is there. With co-ownerships dead and loans soon to be limited this is the way we'll do business with young players. Loans to different clubs for multiple seasons rarely ever worked.
That's where I see the problem. None of us really hear of any of our youth until preseason when some get to travel with the senior team. To me that says either we suck at developing prospects or we simply don't trust our youth development at all to ever get experience at the senior level and we have absolutely zero ambition to create first team players. It appears to me its simply a goal to produce them to sell them. I mean, 12m is a lot of a guy none of us have heard of but wears the Juve jersey.

And yes, Atalanta to me is equivalent to moving to Dortmund for a youngster. Good move for him. I guess good move for us to reinvest the 12m somewhere.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The actual line up is nothing like the predicted line up, lol:

Nocchi; Di Pardo, Alcibiade, Coccolo, Frabotta; Touré, Fagioli; Del Sole, Rafia, Marchi; Brunori

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)