Juventus to face Dortmund in July (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
Juventus' summer gains another prestigious international engagement. After the summer camp in Pinzolo and before the Emirates Cup, which the Bianconeri will play in London between the 2nd and 3rd of August against Arsenal and Hamburg, another important friendly has been added to the schedule: on July 26, Ranieri's men will fly over to Dortmund in Germany to play a friendly against Borussia. This match will not only allow Juventus to get a taste of Europe again, before the games in England and the preliminary rounds of the Champions League, but will also make them relive one of the classic rivalries of the '90's.

Indeed, between 1993 and 1997 Juventus and Borussia faced each other as many as seven times, both in the UEFA Cup and the Champions League, and the matches were always hard-fought and spectacular ones. The last game wasn't favourable for the Bianconeri, as they lost the 1997 Champions League Champions League final in Munich, but Juventus had achieved some great results in the previous encounters with Borussia: from the UEFA Cup final in 1993, to the 1995 UEFA semi-final, and up to the first round games in the 1996 Champions League. It was in the first of these last two matches, in Dortmund, that Alex Del Piero scored his first goal in the Champions League, with his trademark curling shot in the top right corner, like he'd scored many times in the Italian League before.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK LARS RICKEN'S GOAL OH THE HORROR

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
wow they are playing in dortmund? my chance to see juve live :D but i don't think it will be anything near to a first XI

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Revenge ? they won the damn CL .. and this is just a friendly .. that would never satisfy me .. even if we won 10-0 ..

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Revenge ? they won the damn CL .. and this is just a friendly .. that would never satisfy me .. even if we won 10-0 ..
:lol: exactly, still remember that :faq2: d up night.......Things changed alot since that time. Dourtmond r stuggling in the past years in germany, and juve just came from serie B while english teams r dominating europe......What a :faq1: ed up days we live in now.......

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
:lol: exactly, still remember that :faq2: d up night.......Things changed alot since that time. Dourtmond r stuggling in the past years in germany, and juve just came from serie B while english teams r dominating europe......What a :faq1: ed up days we live in now.......
yeah .. truly messed up ..

It'd still be nice though :)
nice .. yeah .. would've felt better if we won that night 11 years ago, though :p:p

yeah i know i'm a persistent mosquito :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)