Juventus to become Volleyball Club!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Volleyball boss wanted by Juve!
Monday 5 June, 2006

Italian volleyball Coach Gian Paolo Montali is being sensationally linked with an official role at Juventus.

The Italian giants are in the process of lining up a new board of directors, following the departure of the infamous Triade, and Montali is being hotly linked with a job.

Numerous reports in the peninsula on Monday are suggesting that Montali has already held talks with John Elkann, a member of the Agnelli family, about a collaboration.

The club are keen to reintroduce the mythical style that was always associated with the team and Montali has the right image to move the outfit into that direction.

Sources in Italy insist that Montali will be hired on the board, with some even speculating that he could be handed the Presidency.

Montali, who has won numerous international honours with the Azzurri, wouldn’t be the first man to move from volleyball to calcio.

Julio Velasco tried the changeover but with little success at firstly Lazio and then with Internazionale.

The names of the new Juventus hierarchy are set to be unveiled on June 14, before being confirmed at a shareholders meeting on June 29.

Montali, a Fiorentina fan who was born in Parma 46 years ago, is currently tied to the Federvolley until 2009.

Buy on AliExpress.com

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Philipp00 said:
I don`t know if it is clever to hire somebody who had nothing to do with football before.
Yeah, and he's doing great with the Volley NT, why should we deprive that NT of a great coach to get a manager with no experience?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
if he has a good management history then why not....viola fan or not, he wont have a master plan of wrecking the club or anything

mybe he could do well, or i hope soo cuz the last guy to come to football from volleyball didnt do very well

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i say we bring sum1 who knwos the club, not sum1 who's good at his job, sum1 like baggio, boniperti, sum1 whos worked with the club, and share the same ambitions as the club, this viola fan i dont think knows the club, or even the sport, so what bloody use will he be? a president is not only suppose to run the club financially, but also decides on the staff, players etc...

boniperti or baggio for presidency, or give it to me ill do it for free and bring a good result.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Badass Devil said:
i say we bring sum1 who knwos the club, not sum1 who's good at his job, sum1 like baggio, boniperti, sum1 whos worked with the club, and share the same ambitions as the club, this viola fan i dont think knows the club, or even the sport, so what bloody use will he be? a president is not only suppose to run the club financially, but also decides on the staff, players etc...
First of all, if he's a Viola fan then obviously he'd know the sport. We wouldn't appoint just anyone without the relevant credentials.

Second of all for all you know Baggio could wreck Juventus because he almost certainly has neither the experience nor knowledge to take such a position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)