Juventus pre-season friendlies (20 Viewers)

Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Match finished!

Juventus 4 - 2 Pavia

Goals: 19’ Kapo, 21’ Ceccarelli, 37’ Zalayeta, 45’ Miccoli, 55' Tacchinardi, 90' Angelillo

JUVENTUS: Bonnefoi, Zebina, Legrottaglie (13’st Birindelli), Iuliano (1’st Ferrara), Chiellini (1’st Pessotto), Olivera, Brighi, Tacchinardi, Kapo (16’st Baiocco), Miccoli (30’st Paolucci), Zalayeta.

I am happy that Kapo scored again!
Subbed on the 1st minutes? Why?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
How so? Imo it's about time we had a midfielder who could help pitch in with some goals. I think I know what you're trying to get at, but Tacchinardi will always give 100% in midfield, he'll always play with passion, and he'll always be a leader, regardless of how many goals he scores. Tacchinardi scoring goals is a big plus as far as I'm concerned.
What I'm saying is that the main contribution Tacchi can provide to the team shouldn't be goals. It's like picking Lucio or Stam in your team because they can score goals, it's just not the criteria they should be picked on. Sure, he gives 100%, he plays with passion, and he's a leader, but to be honest that's all too wishy-washy for me. The truth is that Tacchi lacks pace, and this often means that he has to resort to cynical clumsy tackles. His game just isn't complete IMO, but I shan't go any further than that, because the weaknesses of his game have already been discussed 1000 times

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

You may say that now, but would you feel as confident going into a new season if the coach didn't have a way of gauging the strengths and weaknesses of the players in 'competitive' matches?

Of course not and I do care for the training these matches can be as well as for the fact that they can be good for a coach to see where the strengths of his team lie. I just don't care for the result of a friendly, as far as I'm concerned even a loss shouldn't be too much of a drama.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

What I'm saying is that the main contribution Tacchi can provide to the team shouldn't be goals. It's like picking Lucio or Stam in your team because they can score goals, it's just not the criteria they should be picked on. Sure, he gives 100%, he plays with passion, and he's a leader, but to be honest that's all too wishy-washy for me. The truth is that Tacchi lacks pace, and this often means that he has to resort to cynical clumsy tackles. His game just isn't complete IMO, but I shan't go any further than that, because the weaknesses of his game have already been discussed 1000 times
Obviously you won't select Tacchinardi because he's scoring goals regularly, but scoring those goals will aid the team and help complete Tacchinardi's game. Technically he isn't that good, but he's a solid defensive midfielder. If he can bring his tenacity to the fore as well as an eye for goal we wouldn't need DP or Trez to bag a brace each game in order to win comfortably. Imo every top team should have a midfield player to help with the supply of goals. Nedved does that pretty well at times, but none of our DMs ever score. Not that it's their job or their main priority, but if they could perform their defensive duties as well as contribute to the attack like Pirlo does for Milan, it would ease the pressure for other players.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Not that it's their job or their main priority, but if they could perform their defensive duties as well as contribute to the attack like Pirlo does for Milan, it would ease the pressure for other players.
That's the key, I don't think Tacchi is solid enough in defence to pick him based on the criteria that he might score a goal every 10 matches in order to ease the burden on our attacking players. For that particular job, I'd sooner take players like Maresca and Emerson who can help out in attack without necessarily scoring. I think we both agree on the characteristics of Tacch and what we require of our defensive midfielders, and I feel like we're just saying the same thing in different words. So let's stop here ;)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
I'm bored so I put this together and I'm planning on updating it regularly from now on.

Juventus 2004-2005 Pre-Season Results:

Game 1:
Juventus (4 - 0) Rapresentativa Salice Terme

Miccoli, Olivera, Miccoli, Tacchinardi

Game 2:
Juventus (5 - 0) Alessandria

Chiellini, Olivera, Tacchinardi, Kapo, Zalayeta

Game 3:
Juventus (4 - 2) Pavia

Kapo, Zalayeta, Miccoli, Tacchinardi

Top Scorer
3 Miccoli
3 Tacchinardi
2 Kapo
2 Olivera
2 Zalayeta
1 Chiellini

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Here are all the pictures so far from Juventus.it regarding the preseason so far. It inclues, training, game and welcoming back pictures. They are all zipped for those of you lazy ones to download each picture individually. ;)

Pictures

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
neither does me.
it is very very nice actually....

even though the stripes are TOO LARGE but still,it looks very nice on the pitch.
only gk's jersey SUCKS.
but the blue one is AMAZING and the third one is sweet.
if only it was black and white and not black and pink.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
For some reason, seeing Capello mingling with the Juve squad and wearing the Juve logo makes me want to giggle like a little girl :D It symbolises for me the fine tradition of Juve putting one over Sensi :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)