Juventus - Perugia (Coppa Italia) (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Well he's fit enough for midfield, why not defence?! At least we'll know how good Fresi really is if he'll be the key of our back line (for a change). This Coppa matches are supposed to be opportunities where Lippi can experiment as much as he likes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I still think thuram needs and deserves a rest. after all, he is still an important player for the next matches.

but maybe Lippi is still right, we don't want to lose this game

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Well
Gazzetta dello Sport says that this will be our probable line up:

JUVENTUS (4-3-3): 12 Chimenti; 14 C. Zenoni, 6 Fresi, 24 Moretti, 7 Pessotto; 19 Zambrotta, 3 Tacchinardi, 20 Baiocco; 9 Salas, 25 Zalayeta, 18 Di Vaio. (22 Bonnefoi, 5 Tudor, 15 Birindelli, 8 Conte, 16 Camoranesi, 37 Paro, 44 Palladino). All: Lippi

So Thuram will get rest... even if our central defence looks like sh"#

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That looks more like a Coppa line-up indeed :thumb: Although putting Tudor in CD wouldn't hurt him at all to gain some match fitness.

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Gazzetta dello Sport says that this will be our probable line up:

JUVENTUS (4-3-3): 12 Chimenti; 14 C. Zenoni, 6 Fresi, 24 Moretti , 7 Pessotto; 19 Zambrotta, 3 Tacchinardi, 20 Baiocco; 9 Salas, 25 Zalayeta, 18 Di Vaio.
    But Moretti isn't a Central Defender !!

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Serse Cosmi hasn't been made to wait too long for a shot at revenge as his Perugia side take on Juventus in the first-leg of the Coppa Italia quarterfinals on Wednesday.

It was less than a month ago that the fire-blooded coach made headlines for his sensational outburst immediately following the final whistle of Juventus' controversial 1-0 win at the Curi. Camoranesi's magnificent injury time winner proved too much to handle for Cosmi, who rampaged onto the field shouting profanities at Juventus and the match officials he suggested they bought.

Bianconeri boss Marcelo Lippi downplayed the incident in the press-conference leading up to the Coppa Italia rematch. "In Perugia the two teams simply finished the match in different moods. We were obviously happy for the victory while they had a tough time dealing with the fact that they lost despite having played well. That's football for you though," the distinguished coach philosophized.

Lippi, whose side go into this match still bubbling from their 5-0 victory over Reggina on the weekend, also revealed his plans for the lineup on Wednesday. "I'll pick up the same team that played against Reggina in the third round," he said. "As forwards there will be the chance for Salas, Di Vaio and Zalayeta to play all together. Then I'll use also Pessotto, Baiocco, Moretti, Zenoni and Fresi. Tudor and Tacchinardi will be back as well, playing one half each."

Perugia couldn't do better than a scoreless tie against Udinese on Sunday but did look a considerably better team when Fabrizio Miccoli was introduced as a second-half substitute. The outrageously-skilled 23-year-old will doubtlessly be burning to score against the team that owns him in a bid to solidify his chances of featuring in Juve's plans for next season.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    Perugia's hunger for revenge combined with the incentive they have to do well in the Italian cup in comparison to Juventus could very well inspire them to what would be a very commendable first-leg tie in Torino. Our prediction: 1-1 draw.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    well after our 5-0 scalp, i would think we're in pretty high spirits. i expect a 2-0 win, especially with 3 fwds.

i want to see zenoni do good here. salas and zalayeta too.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    Any idea about the lineup?

Suggestion: Davide Baiocco should be sent on loan to Perugia :)

It's great that Chievo are meeting AC before they face us.
    I THINK HE MUST GO BACK TO PERUGIA BECAUSE HE IS NOT A PLAYER FOR JUVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)