JUVENTUS PENALTY REDUCED (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Juventus penalty reduced by eight points

Juventus was stripped of its 2005 and 2006 Serie A titles, demoted to Serie B, and docked 17 points by a sports tribunal in July. In having its penalty reduced to nine points, the Turin club improved from 20th to 12th place in the second-division standings.

Juventus said the sentence "recognized at least in part the enormous commitment and spirit of sacrifice shown by the club."

The arbitration board set up by the Italian Olympic Committee also ruled on three other clubs involved in the scandal.

Lazio's 11-point penalty in the top division was reduced to three points, and the Rome club moved from 18th place to 13th. Lazio lawyer Giammichele Gentile said he was "partially satisfied."

Fiorentina had its 19-point penalty cut to 15 points, and remained in 19th place. The Florence club has indicated it may appeal to an ordinary court.

AC Milan did not have its eight-point penalty reduced. The club issued a statement saying the sentence "does not deserve any comment on the behalf of AC Milan."

Appeals hearings for the two other clubs sanctioned in the scandal, Reggina and Arezzo, are expected in November.

The sentences are expected to be the final decisions handed out by sports authorities in a scandal that began six months ago, with sentences that have undergone two revisions.

The Italian Soccer Federation on May 2 opened its investigation into phone wiretaps that suggested match fixing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Fantastic news. Of course when my lucky number is 27 and my lucky day is Friday I was sure something good would happen yesterday! :D

We'll be back in Serie A in no time...

Jul 5, 2005
alex74 said:
Juventus penalty reduced by eight points

Juventus said the sentence "recognized at least in part the enormous commitment and spirit of sacrifice shown by the club."

That's very true. :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)