Juventus Legends (2 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
First of all Trezeguet my favourite Juventino like Del Piero,Buffon and Nedved.

Del Piero and Nedved are True Legends without doubt

Buffon,Trezeguet,Camoranesi are strong contenders to be Legend

if Trezeguet will leave next summer,he would be one of my favourite Juventino still(except milan.binter),but miss chance to be legend of Juventus(like zambrotta and cannavaro)

PS,I hate zambrotta and cannavaro,because they leave us alone at this difficult moment!

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I couldn't refuse that Trez had done so much 4 Juve, but all this mouling of him it doesn't suits me at all. He is my favourite player, maybe he will still be in the future. But let's wait till the new season. In my opinion this "I wan't stronger Juve squad" it's just mask so the fans do not hate him[while he is in Turin] and media isn't molesting him, but if he stays i would be glad if i'm wrong!

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Oh. Aha.
Hey how can I see in which thread is a sinchronising conversation, cas i'm new on this forum, and i'm trying to make conversations but this time-thread perception is giving me a headache. I'm losing in the discusions.
[That's why I post this in 2 threads =) ]

OP
Matteo4Azzurri
Jan 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27
    So let's say Trezeguet stays, would you regard him as a legend?
    He would help the case for sure.

IMO, to be a Legend, you have to bleed your clubs colors. Trez's remarks about wanting to go killed that for me. Getting good stats is one things, but loving your team & making sacrifices is another. Trez didn't want to stay this year, he was forced too & he's admitted it.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I truely think Turk said it quite well. I agree with what he said, except about Trez leaving or not. If Trez leaves this season (on benevolent terms), he'd still 'qualify' as a legend.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    He beat John Hansen's best foreigner Juve scorer record, nothing can take that away from Trez, he also surpassed Platini (just in number of goals, but still).

Trez will always be a Juve legend.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    so.......zidane wanted to go to madrid, pretty much would have walked over broken glass and hot coals to egt out of turin but is still classed as a legend. trezeguet(who was courted by barca 2 years ago) considers his future when juve dont know iof they will be in serie a,b or c and you people judge him? get a grip, the man has done a lot for the club over the years and hardly stamped his feet and threw the rattle out of the pram(a la thuram). sure he was unsure,he is still coveted by many clubs all over europe,but he stuck with us and he deserves our respect.

in may years you will look back at trez and tell people you watched one of teh most natural finishers in the game for many years, he is a legend now, he will eb a legend when he leaves and he will be a legend long after he retires

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    Trezeguet IS a legend, like it or not, he is. He has 7 years with us and he has done a lot of things and loves the club. I'm pretty sure that he is on the heart of every true biaconeri fan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Laughable is that you are fine with Cannavaro that he left and you welcome him back but Trezeguet saying he wants to leave, you don't regard him as a legend anymore. Oh let me guess, he's not Italian :lol2:
    Yeah, his logic is rather dubious there.

Is Trezeguet a Juventus legend? Well, in terms of accomplishments he is certainly a legend as others have already described his remarkable scoring record at the club. He is one of the most natural finishers the club has ever posessed and he does try his best whenever he's on the pitch.

In terms loyalty for legendary status, however, it could be a different matter. If Trezeguet simply wants to finish out his career in France or Argentina, either of his two "homes,' there is nothing wrong with that really. David could have forced his way out of Juventus this past summer but he ended up staying on board our ship, and he must be praised for that. Trezeguet will obviously never be a Scirea or Boniperti or Bettega for Juventus, however his goal scoring exploits for this club will certainly not be forgotten by the hypothetical "real Juventus supporter."

Now a little side note here regarding Jack's quote above... I continue to see Azzurri supporters trying to demean the accomplishments and career of Zidane after his headbutt this past summer. Some of these Azzurri posters argued Zidane was not much of a player for Juventus, a notion that can easily be paralleled with their biased against him because of his antics in Germany. I hope I'm not seeing this same sort of bias against our other French players because if that's the case it's absolutely pathetic. A few years ago I thought the English were the most biased fans for their own country's football due to topics on internet forums. But that's not exactly the case... every nation can become particulary annoying. After seeing the success of Italy and prancing around this forum, the English aren't the only ones who can be extremely biased and annoying when it comes to their football. The Azzurri deservedly won the World Cup this summer... but that doesn't give their fans the right to unjustifiably demean the accomplishments of players their country happened to beat to the prize.

Forza David Trezeguet.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I guess for me, to have a LEGENDARY status, you would have to be either 2 things:

1. Sacrifice termendously for 1 club and show much loyalty and whilst at the sametime proving very influencial for the club on and off the pitch. A devoted servant if you will and a club symbol. But I note, that love and loyalty is not enough IMO, the player has to perform at top level also.
    ex: Del Piero

2. A renown worldclass players who is considered the top 10 players of his era. And plays at least 3 years with the club while performing at that top level during his stint at the club. In short, also one of the club's symbol during his time there and one of the Football's Legends in General.
    ex: Zidane

Those are IMO, the two reasons that can lift somebody into Club LEGENDARY status.

Is Trezeguet a JUVE legend? I think its somewhat borderline, he's almost IN due to my 1st arguement and considering his goal scoring record for Juve, he certainly has a case. But I would really like to reserve the word "JUVE LEGEND" for a handful of very very influencial players of the club.

I mean, Im sorry for Tacchi fans, but I don't consider Tacchinardi to be a club legend. Because if you did, than Pessotto and Birindelli would also be considered, and a whole lot of other players who spend most it not all their career at Juventus.
    I'm sorry, they are LOYAL SERVANTS, but not JUVE LEGENDS by my books.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I guess for me, to have a LEGENDARY status, you would have to be either 2 things:

1. Sacrifice termendously for 1 club and show much loyalty and whilst at the sametime proving very influencial for the club on and off the pitch. A devoted servant if you will and a club symbol. But I note, that love and loyalty is not enough IMO, the player has to perform at top level also.

2. A renown worldclass players who is considered the top 10 players of his era. And plays at least 3 years with the club while performing at that top level during his stint at the club. In short, also one of the club's symbol during his time there and one of the Football's Legends in General.

Those are IMO, the two reasons that can lift somebody into Club LEGENDARY status.

Is Trezeguet a JUVE legend? I think its somewhat borderline, he's almost IN due to my 1st arguement and considering his goal scoring record for Juve, he certainly has a case. But I would really like to reserve the word "JUVE LEGEND" for a handful of very very influencial players of the club.

I mean, Im sorry for Tacchi fans, but I don't consider Tacchinardi to be a club legend. Because if you did, than Pessotto and Birindelli would also be considered, and a whole lot of other players who spend most it not all their career at Juventus.
    agreed on the tachi arguement, though i do love the man he was more a loyal servant than as legend. however i feel that with trezegols record, the fact he is the top scoring foreigner and the fact he will help elevate us back to serie a he will always be a legend in my eyes. however i guess he will probably be one of those players who is never fully appreciated until he leaves the club.its only when his goal scoring feats are benefitting another club that many will realise just what we lost

OP
    Matteo4Azzurri
    Jan 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #39

:pint:

Well said. + rep for you, my friend.

It should be an honor not awarded from just a stat sheet.

OP
    Matteo4Azzurri
    Jan 7, 2007
  • Thread Starter #40
    Yeah, his logic is rather dubious there.

Is Trezeguet a Juventus legend? Well, in terms of accomplishments he is certainly a legend as others have already described his remarkable scoring record at the club. He is one of the most natural finishers the club has ever posessed and he does try his best whenever he's on the pitch.

In terms loyalty for legendary status, however, it could be a different matter. If Trezeguet simply wants to finish out his career in France or Argentina, either of his two "homes,' there is nothing wrong with that really. David could have forced his way out of Juventus this past summer but he ended up staying on board our ship, and he must be praised for that. Trezeguet will obviously never be a Scirea or Boniperti or Bettega for Juventus, however his goal scoring exploits for this club will certainly not be forgotten by the hypothetical "real Juventus supporter."

Now a little side note here regarding Jack's quote above... I continue to see Azzurri supporters trying to demean the accomplishments and career of Zidane after his headbutt this past summer. Some of these Azzurri posters argued Zidane was not much of a player for Juventus, a notion that can easily be paralleled with their biased against him because of his antics in Germany. I hope I'm not seeing this same sort of bias against our other French players because if that's the case it's absolutely pathetic. A few years ago I thought the English were the most biased fans for their own country's football due to topics on internet forums. But that's not exactly the case... every nation can become particulary annoying. After seeing the success of Italy and prancing around this forum, the English aren't the only ones who can be extremely biased and annoying when it comes to their football. The Azzurri deservedly won the World Cup this summer... but that doesn't give their fans the right to unjustifiably demean the accomplishments of players their country happened to beat to the prize.

Forza David Trezeguet.
    You misread me. If that were the case I would be claiming Cannavaro & Zambrotta living Juve legends.

Yes, I am a die hard Azzurri fan. But that's not the reason I shun Trez from Juve legend status. I guess I hold it in higher regard than some members of this board do. IMO, netting the most goals as a foreigner doesn't give him the Legends pass, lol

He gets paid to score. He does that very well. But I won't remember him as a player who put his soul into Juve. The only current players I would even think of being potential Juve Legends off of our current roster is Del Piero and Nedved (oh look.... a non-Italian. Imagine that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)