Juventus CL draw (1 Viewer)

pendragon

Aug 31, 2004
if we'll go into who started it, why, and how it will never end..
we should really leave it a side...
first, frogive me for my poor english.. :)
and plz forgive my friend micheal (i know him personally) for starting this..

as a maccabi fan that really cares for juve (and dont even ask how is it possible:)).. and was in the game (of shame) last season against milan (in delle alpi std.)
i want to greet you all and say that it is rather safe here (even after today).. i always say that it is safer than eastern europe, ny at night and parts of paris (from experi
ence)..
we hope that there will be juve fans here, and that they'll enjoy their stay...
'bout winning? you'll probably win..
the stadium? ramat-gan, 40,000+ seats but hated by the majority of fans due to poor acoustics..
a site of a group of fans (that i'm apart of):
www.12p.co.il
www.12p.co.il/forum
soon an english forum will open up..

juve.sportenter.co.il
the official (part of the centro) juve fan club israel..
surprisingly founded by a maccabi fan..

for questions, discussions, about the match or what ever:
[email protected] (i don't check it very often)

and one of you really should talk to michel.. just try to keep simply soccer with him :)

if someone is planning to come here, wich i doubt from what i read..
i'll be happy to talk/advise/ne thing...
gday

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
I agree with the moderator, let us not talk about politics.

Pendragon, I do see a PROBLEM with Juventus (and European clubs) playing against Israeli clubs. I am going to articulate the problem in a few points:

1. Israel is not part of Europe, it is rather part of Africa, or the Middle East. Even though I recognize that most of the Israeli citizen’s have immigrated from Europe or were born from European immigrants.

2. Israel is a state a war. The dangers of bringing a Champions league team are greatly increased by the visibility given by the media. Let me refrase, do you know how much would be worth to an attacker hitting Macabí-Juventus globally broadcasted in real time.

3. This danger brings in additional costs in insurance coverage and security that European teams have to bear when traveling to Israel.

4. In Europe, many see the inclusion of Israeli teams in European Turnaments as a sort of political legitimation of Israeli policies. That is obviously not welcome.

I suggest that the additional costs of including Israeli teams in European tournaments should be reevaluated, before we agree to it.

Xziz :(

pendragon

Aug 31, 2004
1. Israel is not a part of Africa neither, it's a part of Asia
guess what will happen when we will play against Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arbia etc..
for me, Israel playing in Europe is more reasonable than Russia or Turkey that are more Asian than European..
yes, they are somewhat european, but i'm talking from the side of the state of war you are talking about.. a state of war with the palestinians is for about 4 years now.. with some of those countries it's for thousands of years and for 57 years scince our indipendance.. probaly will go on much more and after the palestinians will have a country.. with the above asian countries (exept Jordan) we will not be able to play, and that is without the consideration of the past 4 years of the war...
that is the reason we stopped playing there (yes we used to play in asia).. i guess FIFA agrees with me on that one..
but that wasn't the point of the "yes or no israel issue" to begin with, you decided to divert the discusion that way..

2." do you know how much would be worth to an attacker hitting Macabí-Juventus globally broadcasted in real time."

acctualy? not much.. if you really want my opinion, it's in their intrest NOT to do something in a game like this..
can you imagine how the U.S will react if that'll happen? or the U.N?
it will destroy almost any chance of the palestenians in getting a country of their own...
it will be ALMOST "legit" of us (notice the "" and the almost) to enter thease areas and deploing "near scorched earth policy"
they do not wan't to do a thing like that.. and they do not want to bomb thousands of people at one time.. remember who was the last to do so?

4. well... that's their prob.. they choose to see it that way instead of taking fifa's explination.. maybe they want us to play in Iran, for a reason i won't write..

it is funny how you agree with the mods about the politics but you whole reply was somewhat politic....

btw i would also like to know about canale 5 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)