Juventus - Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Alexa

Jul 19, 2002
I think substituting zambrota made sense, because when brindelli (who is juve's fastest player, FASTER than zamb and davids combined together) came on he was shifted to defence to contain overmars, and nedved will be back to his usual position and having zala and DP upfront.
Someone had to be sacrifised and it was zamb. If you think about it rationaly it was a good substitution. All of the subs were good. how many of you wont play diVaio when you saw how ineffective our attack was.... Everyone here said that DiVaio will be Perfect for this game.
And as for Tudors substitution it was 100% correct, as he didnt play that well, what is great about passing the ball back in defence.

And please We all need someone who is optimestic to comfort us. Some one to tell us that we can win...
But honestly, we can do it dont underestimate juve. A great person once said "Great teams doesnt have home games or away games, they are all the same.
Do you think that at nou camp barca's defence will contain Nedveds runs down the flank and his powerful shots? He just got back from an injury but played decently.
Can they contain the most lethal partnership in europe. Del piero and trezeguet ( Sivori and Charles). Del Piero "wasnt on the mood" today but he made a mockery out of puyol who was helpless.

Can motta and xavi be compared with tachi and davids, remember davids wasnt a defensive midfielder the last game but what if he plays in his normal position where he is "pitballish".

And remember that we have the best goalkeeper in the world against a shity goalkeeper, think of what will happen if we go to penalties or extratime.

And remember juves game with united in 1998 when we drew 1-1 on old trafford and they came back and beat us 3-2 in an epic game.
Besides juve have something that barca lacks (heart) remember their fighting spirit, DP Davids Neddy all of them
All juve needs is an attacking mentality, and thats it.
Forza Juve we can do it.......

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alexa ] ++
I think substituting zambrota made sense, because when brindelli (who is juve's fastest player, FASTER than zamb and davids combined together) came on he was shifted to defence to contain overmars, and nedved will be back to his usual position and having zala and DP upfront.
Someone had to be sacrifised and it was zamb. If you think about it rationaly it was a good substitution. All of the subs were good. how many of you wont play diVaio when you saw how ineffective our attack was.... Everyone here said that DiVaio will be Perfect for this game.
And as for Tudors substitution it was 100% correct, as he didnt play that well, what is great about passing the ball back in defence.

And please We all need someone who is optimestic to comfort us. Some one to tell us that we can win...
But honestly, we can do it dont underestimate juve. A great person once said "Great teams doesnt have home games or away games, they are all the same.
Do you think that at nou camp barca's defence will contain Nedveds runs down the flank and his powerful shots? He just got back from an injury but played decently.
Can they contain the most lethal partnership in europe. Del piero and trezeguet ( Sivori and Charles). Del Piero "wasnt on the mood" today but he made a mockery out of puyol who was helpless.

Can motta and xavi be compared with tachi and davids, remember davids wasnt a defensive midfielder the last game but what if he plays in his normal position where he is "pitballish".

And remember that we have the best goalkeeper in the world against a shity goalkeeper, think of what will happen if we go to penalties or extratime.

And remember juves game with united in 1998 when we drew 1-1 on old trafford and they came back and beat us 3-2 in an epic game.
Besides juve have something that barca lacks (heart) remember their fighting spirit, DP Davids Neddy all of them
All juve needs is an attacking mentality, and thats it.
Forza Juve we can do it.......
Very encouraging words Alexa !! :thumb: :thumb:

to some extent i agree, but that doesn't change the fact that juve looked like school-boys playing during lunch break!!
anyways, thanks...

Forza Juve :star:

BTW....welcome to the forums :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I've seen better football played on my local field by 13 year olds, really it was that bad.

Buffon - for 32 million pounds you would expect he'd be able to position himself

Montero and Ferrara - they're old, I'm not blaming them for being put in defence they actually played rather well.

Thuram - seems to have lost his sparkle, didn't seem to be bothered in this match

Zambrotta - probably his best match of recent times, for once he played well, now all we need is consistency

Tudor - in midfield yet again, and whose fault is that?

Davids - hasn't got a clue, sell him

Tacchinardi - outstanding match again by Tacchi, I hope you were watching Trap!

Nedved - Clearly was not fit, and why he was played as a second striker?

Del Piero - not the type of guy to play upfront on his own, especially when not fully fit

really what is Lippi trying to do? deliberately suck in Europe so as to not raise expectations?? The decisions he made were appaling, and di vaio was given about 10 minutes, he would have terrorised that defence for the full 90 or at least an hour. Tudor is a defender! Del Piero is not a lone striker and Nedved is not a second striker! aaah!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
ALEXA!!!!!!!!!!

You are the king! Great and strong words! We shouldn't give up yet!

Juve is famous for the passion and fighting spirit! WE CAN DO IT!

katarina

Mar 5, 2003
At first I´m very sad. What a great match it could be for us but then came 78.minute and our dream was out. I don´t want to tell about our faults and I ´m interesting in one thing and that is referees. What do you think guys about referees? It is important for me because I´m from Slovakia and there were Slovakian referees.

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I've seen better football played on my local field by 13 year olds, really it was that bad.

Buffon - for 32 million pounds you would expect he'd be able to position himself

Montero and Ferrara - they're old, I'm not blaming them for being put in defence they actually played rather well.

Thuram - seems to have lost his sparkle, didn't seem to be bothered in this match

Zambrotta - probably his best match of recent times, for once he played well, now all we need is consistency

Tudor - in midfield yet again, and whose fault is that?

Davids - hasn't got a clue, sell him

Tacchinardi - outstanding match again by Tacchi, I hope you were watching Trap!

Nedved - Clearly was not fit, and why he was played as a second striker?

Del Piero - not the type of guy to play upfront on his own, especially when not fully fit

really what is Lippi trying to do? deliberately suck in Europe so as to not raise expectations?? The decisions he made were appaling, and di vaio was given about 10 minutes, he would have terrorised that defence for the full 90 or at least an hour. Tudor is a defender! Del Piero is not a lone striker and Nedved is not a second striker! aaah!

My opinion on the yesterday match ???
Well... i'm :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Del Piero was inexistent
Nedved came up only in the second time
Di Vaio through out the second goal
and LIppi... why does he insist to let Zalayeta playing ??? He doesn't know how a ball is made !!!

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Votes:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 7, Zalayeta 5.5, Camoranesi 6, Tacchinardi, Tudor 6, Birindelli 6, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6, Del Piero 5.5, Di Vaio 5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6, Thuram 5.5, Ferrara 6, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Zalayeta 5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 6.5, Tudor 6, Birindelli 5.5, Davids 6, Nedved 6, Del Piero 5.5, Di Vaio sv.

TUTTOSPORT:Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 7, Montero 7, Zambrotta 7, Zalayeta 5.5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 7, Tudor 6, Birindelli 5.5, Davids 6.5, Nedved 5.5, Del Piero 5.5, Di Vaio 5.5.

LA STAMPA:Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Zalayeta 5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 7, Tudor 6, Birindelli 6, Davids 6, Nedved 6, Del Piero 5, Di Vaio 5.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 5.5, Ferrara 6, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Zalayeta 5, Camoranesi 6, Tacchinardi 6, Tudor 5.5, Birindelli 6, Davids 6, Nedved 7, Del Piero 5.5, Di Vaio 5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6, Zalayeta 5.5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 6.5, Tudor 6, Birindelli 5.5, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 5, Di Vaio 5.5.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Thanks for the ratings Vit am too mad & disappointed to post anything other than vile bile filled ..... :fero:

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
Probably he has to be operated for the accident occured to his left shoulder during the Derby, and so finished his season with Juventus.
Within 10 days the player and the medical staff will take the definitive decision.

Aug 20, 2002
I am dissappointed, although i think our defence held strong all night against Barca, whether this is just because barca were not playing well (away from home etc) or that their attacking players are not all they are cracked up to be. attack wise we were very poor the few chances we created needed to be converted, in all i feel both teams looked nervous and this caused a very tight game with little space to play in.

Does anyone here no how big a miss Gabri will be for barca in defence in the second leg?

I think that the only way barca will try and play at home will be possesion football, and try and attack us, which IMO could be our hope that although they dont need to score they will still try (in front of many fans they will want to win etc) and we can pick off a goal on the counter attack. If we are to go through (which is still unlikely) our defence players must play like last night.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Redangel ] ++
Probably he has to be operated for the accident occured to his left shoulder during the Derby, and so finished his season with Juventus.
Within 10 days the player and the medical staff will take the definitive decision.
Ohhh and now Trezeguet is out for the rest of the season very fine we are doomed. now it's official that we are out of the CL and may be we will Lose the Serie A too.do you know why.I'll tell you why because we don't have a player in the whole squad who can finish our attacks.(forget Di Vaio & Zalayeta they are good as subs but as starters and scoring No way)And Del Piero is out of form.and we can't always depend on nedved (30 Years old )for ever he is not a god

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Oh my god, if Trez is out, we are messed up!

I pray, that god gives Di Vaio his striking back! He has a bad shape!
I hope we can field a DP-DV partnership now, with a top-class Di Vaio! He would be the perfect man for the counter-attacks! And I think we will hope for counter-attacks, as the Barca defense is slow, and Di Vaio is a very fast striker! Hopefully, he can score from a counter-attack against Barca! I pray for him

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I think Del Piero was the worse player on the field, and Nedved was terrible too.
I think our best player was Camoranesi, tough he wasn't very good. Buffon did a very nice job, and Ferrara too.

It's not official we are out. Let's pray for Nedved, Del Piero and Di Vaio to get back their fitness. yesterday they all were 50% fit. it's nothing!
We are in the same position Man Utd were 4 years ago. They recovered the home 1-1 draw, and beat us 3-2. For that they needed to give their best game of the season. I want us to do the same thing :fero:

2-2. that's all I ask for :fero:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Awwww the forum needs some encouragement do you? I wish I can mothercoddle you guys but i have no udders to do so
I have never been one to deceive myself and try and tell people whats not true but the fact is you ppl have been spoilt by results in Serie A, you think this Juve is the real deal

Reality check , we are not all that, our play is poor, our manager makes baffling decisions and as James pointed out, we cannot pass forward and lack skill and imagination in the middle of the park
Birindelli coming on , to do what exactly the one time he was asked to show his so called speed, Overmars gave him 2 yards and still beat him only for pace and he brought him down to collect a yellow card

Stop trying to justify bad decisions you just make a bad case worse

Gabri like someone asked is not a loss at all infact he should not be playing let alone in defence

The good news is we are well capable of drawing 2-2 in the Nou Camp but it depends on the master tactician

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
04/10/2003. A furious Juventus coach Marcello Lippi cut short his press conference following the 1-1 draw with Barcelona.

"We did all that we could at this time and deserved to win for this performance," insisted the Juventus boss.

"We created plenty of chances and should have doubled our lead, but on the counter-attack we conceded an equaliser.

"At the moment with the injury situation we could not have done any more than we did.

"Alessandro Del Piero is still coming back after two months out, Marco Di Vaio is not 100 per cent and Pavel Nedved recovered at the last moment.

"With David Trezeguet I would not have played with these tactics (Nedved played just behind Del Piero). I tried to make the most of the players at my disposal and their qualities.

"I am upset with this result and especially the way in which Barcelona got their equaliser. The Spaniards did not do enough to earn a draw."

Igor Tudor played in midfield but showed limited ambition in going forward.

"Tudor is a good player when it comes to a creative push from the midfield," Lippi added. "I did not bring him in to defend, far from it, he was meant to attack."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a bullshit, he didn't mentioned his own fault!
it's all his(Lippi's) fault!!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
denco, our play was poor last night. you know why? because our leader player Nedved hasn't trained all the week... and he wasn't fit. that explains why he was so terrible.
Del Piero's situation was even worse. he was injured for 2 months. he is not a real striker and he can do nothing without a good striker like Trezeguet near him.
Di Vaio just came back from injury, and in fact... he has a bad year.

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Awwww the forum needs some encouragement do you? I wish I can mothercoddle you guys but i have no udders to do so
I have never been one to deceive myself and try and tell people whats not true but the fact is you ppl have been spoilt by results in Serie A, you think this Juve is the real deal

Reality check , we are not all that, our play is poor, our manager makes baffling decisions and as James pointed out, we cannot pass forward and lack skill and imagination in the middle of the park
Birindelli coming on , to do what exactly the one time he was asked to show his so called speed, Overmars gave him 2 yards and still beat him only for pace and he brought him down to collect a yellow card

Stop trying to justify bad decisions you just make a bad case worse

Gabri like someone asked is not a loss at all infact he should not be playing let alone in defence

The good news is we are well capable of drawing 2-2 in the Nou Camp but it depends on the master tactician
Not only from the master tactician, but above all from the intensity and the passion the players will have in the match !!!

Azzurina

Jul 12, 2002
hey guys easy, you still have the chance to qulify to the semis ;).
look what happend to Liverpool on the UEFA Cup , they drew1-1 with Rangers at home & then lost at the Anfield Road 0-2 after they thought that they had half of the work done in Scotland. I believe you can do it;)

Forza Juve
Forza MILAN :p

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
denco, our play was poor last night. you know why? because our leader player Nedved hasn't trained all the week... and he wasn't fit. that explains why he was so terrible.
Del Piero's situation was even worse. he was injured for 2 months. he is not a real striker and he can do nothing without a good striker like Trezeguet near him.
Di Vaio just came back from injury, and in fact... he has a bad year.
Come on Oded we always play this way and just because we did not win then you guys say we played badly
Forget about all the excuses as they don't wash, if Nedved was seriously injured, he won't have played, Lippi should have given Di Vaio playing time agaginst Torino to tune up a bit. What do u mean Nedved had not trained all week, Keiron Dyer hardly trains becos of his shins and he plays well so thats not an excuse the fact is that in Cl , Nedved has not performed to the expected level he shows in SerieA not that playing him as a second striker was going to help him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)