Juventus - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Imo DP just either wasn't fully fit or didn't feel in the mood, because I didn't catch one smile on the face of our captain and he didn't seem to be the same inspirational player that he normally is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
A draw with Barca has not to be seen as a disaster but clearely in 2 weeks Juve need to do be GRATE in Camp Nou to quilify... It will be a real battle and we will need all ouers players, also Trezegoal, let's hope that he will make it.

Thanks God Nedved made it to play today...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah, if juve deserve to be in the semis, they will have to demostrate who they really are,

today we could have win!, but that was not the ase,,and wasted a great opportunity, and now we are in trouble, but we still can make it trough.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well the questions are will Barcelona play this badly again, will our defenders be able to cope when they come at us in the Nou Camp

Will Lippi play Birindelli as a lone striker? Really I am not a huge fan of this squad but they do try only to be let down time and time again by a manager whose big match temperament is very poor indeed as his selections always puts the team under huge pressure in big matches

Well he will no doubt be hailed as a huge hero when he wins yet another scudetto but like Trapatoni before him they won lots of scudettos but fell short in Europe, look whats happened to Trap in the Nt, I hope the Italian FA are taking note, somehow I doubt they are

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Well the questions are will Barcelona play this badly again, will our defenders be able to cope when they come at us in the Nou Camp
I dont blame lippi at all, after all,, the changes didnt work, he was searching attack , when we simply were without attack.

And barxa will be very tough in his home. Like i sais before, juve must play the game of his live to pass.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Grrrr,
now we must wait 2 weeks of pain for the next game???

do that game in nou camp tomorrow to end this for once and for all!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

I dont blame lippi at all, after all,, the changes didnt work, he was searching attack , when we simply were without attack.

And barxa will be very tough in his home. Like i sais before, juve must play the game of his live to pass.
Really it makes sense to you at Depor last season , he decided to play Maresca, Birindelli and drop Davids and Thuram where we rightfully got a 2-0 spanking or against Roam in Rome last season playing Thuram as a right wing back to accommodate Iuliano who got sent off or against Milan this season in San siro to play Davids as an attacking midfilelder, Nedved on the left and Zalayeta as lone striker in what is our toughest fixture of the season
And now he plays Dp as a lone striker leaving Zala and Di vaio on the bench with Davids and Nedved asked to support him, that is 3 short men and we play long balls from the back from Montero and Ferrara, Tudor in midfield when he should be playing at the back and bringing on Birindelli when it was not as if Overmars was overrunning zambrotta

He took off Zambrotta who was having a good game and Di vaio looked sharp so why didn;t he come on earlier as his pace would have troubled DeBoer,why did Camo play the whole game?

I admire your loyalty but it please once in a while say the truth as its plain to see, in big matches our manager is a liability

He had the best team in the world from 96 to 98 and has only one Cl to show for it and that was by penalties, we were the overwhelming faves in the other finals but bad decisions by him caused us dear

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK i understand your point, since the beggining i was waiting for zala or divaio to be in the starting line-up.

Well, that is what everyone in this forum , being a namanager, probably did, including me. It is common sense, if you re in your home, why not press the enemy defence?. It is logic.

Who knows?? maybe in the last training he(lippi) saw something xtrange in the fitness of those two!, for example, the final goal wasted by diavio!! it was a real shame!.
But whatever happened, the result was not the expected. Maybe you are right
NOw im thinking only about the next game. Juve must win.

James

Sep 27, 2002
It's official, Juve play the worst football in europe. Be honest guys
you all talk about Lippi making bad tactical decisions in big
matches, but the truth is, our players can't pass the ball. I've
watched Juve several times in the Champions League this term
and our passing is atrocious, there's no spark, pace, creativity
or tempo to our game. Barca will hammer us in the nou camp, at least I hope they do, as maybe then we'll at last buy a playmaker
who can make things happen for us. Honestly, do any of you
want to see Juve progress in this tournament playing this
horrifying brand of football, it's embarrassing , even the english
commentator was laughing at how poor our play was. I pray
next season our transfer guru Moggi buys some talented
midfielders so we can get rid of Tacch,Tudor and co and we can
start to play like Italian Champs and not some sunday league
team.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

He took off Zambrotta who was having a good game and Di vaio looked sharp so why didn;t he come on earlier as his pace would have troubled DeBoer.
I didn't even get that, Zambro has played very well, Tudor too.
Lippi took them off, and substituted them with Biri and Zala....and I don't understand why Lippi put Ale as lone striker? why not DiVaio? He came in 10 minutes before ref blows his wistle, and he's got a good chance in a final minutes...phew that's so close!
If only he played earlier, maybe he could do better for the team.
It's gonna be difficult to play in Camp Nou, but hope we won't lose our faith. Keep the fighting spirit and hopefully we'll win, insyaAllah.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
we were sad. sad sad sad.
I think that we should not be sad because either juve or barca are going out by Real Madrid who will take the CL for the next five years.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
I am really upset with this result.Lippi should not of taken off Zambrotta or Tudor but i do think Zalayeta played well when he came on.I thought tachinardi played well too and so did Buffon.
We definatly need to go at Barca in the secound leg as i can see them really going for it, its all they've left and there only chance of getting back in the Cl next year.Juve played like as if they were the away side and i dont think they will beat Barca away, Juve's away performances have been discraceful they have to improve but it is possible if Del piero gets back on form and trez comes bak in time i can't see why we can't win it, Nedved also has to play better than he did tonight he didn't get into the game as much as i thought he should of but don't forget he has only recoverd from injury.If Juve can play like they did in the last few minutes of the game only taking there chances, have some belief in themselvs , forget the past and go into this game with the right atitude we are in for one hell of a second leg!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Barca will kick our ass in the next game , they played half of their strength in this game , lets face it we are OUT:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)