Juventus - Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Well they didn't outplayed us, at least something :D With Neddy being in doubt, DP still not his old self and Trez injured it looked more worrying before the match. So the 1-1 is not all that bad . I'm sure that if we put on the old-lady grinta at NC we still have a chance :)
Ok they definitely not outplayed juve,,but juve must do more in his home, and this result definitely is very bad.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
A 1-1 draw against Barcelona is by no means a bad result, but in this current situation, where away goals count for so much, it is :down:

Now we need to go to Catalonia and win or at least score 2 goals.. :down: Sorry to say guys, but things aren't looking good for La Vecchia Signora :scared:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm a little surprised at how poor Barcelona was. But so were we, in ultra defensive style there was no sight of a goal. Glad we converted right away, doesn't always happen. I don't think Del Piero was that bad, sure enough he didn't produce much but playing the lonely forward with only Nedved for support, I wouldn't expect a lot from any forward. That was Lippi's decision to hold back. And did I ever miss Trezeguet today, Tudor missed a good header, Di Vaio should have scored at the end!

But it's not all over, our chances are pretty much what they were once we learnt the draw, it wasn't gonna be easy.

What annoys me is the goal we conceded, seemingly under control but went in a clumsy fashion. Buffon?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Definitely not,

if juve wants to be in the next stage,,they must do the game his live in nou canp,,

I hope so.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
What annoys me is the goal we conceded, seemingly under control but went in a clumsy fashion. Buffon?
I wasn't very happy with his positioning

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Btw guys, I'm watching the Inter - Valencia match now, and wow, Emre (who along with David Albeda got sent off), Aimar and Vicente have shown some breath taking skills :eek::cool::thumb:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I am really upset with this result.Lippi should not of taken off Zambrotta or Tudor but i do think Zalayeta played well when he came on.I thought tachinardi played well too and so did Buffon.
We definatly need to go at Barca in the secound leg as i can see them really going for it, its all they've left and there only chance of getting back in the Cl next year.Juve played like as if they were the away side and i dont think they will beat Barca away, Juve's away performances have been discraceful they have to improve but it is possible if Del piero gets back on form and trez comes bak in time i can't see why we can't win it, Nedved also has to play better than he did tonight he didn't get into the game as much as i thought he should of but don't forget he has only recoverd from injury.If Juve can play like they did in the last few minutes of the game only taking there chances, have some belief in themselvs , forget the past and go into this game with the right atitude we are in for one hell of a second leg!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
By no means was the goal Gigi's fault. I think he could have saved it if noone interfered, but with Montero and I think Ciro (?) in the way, the ball changed the course. MHO

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
By no means was the goal Gigi's fault. I think he could have saved it if noone interfeered, but with Montero and I think Ciro (?) in the way, the ball changed the course. MHO
It was Just Montero, but the deflection hardly altered the course at all. He was positioned all wrong (the keeper) and I doubt would have saved the shot anyway

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I'm a little surprised at how poor Barcelona was. But so were we, in ultra defensive style there was no sight of a goal. Glad we converted right away, doesn't always happen. I don't think Del Piero was that bad, sure enough he didn't produce much but playing the lonely forward with only Nedved for support, I wouldn't expect a lot from any forward. That was Lippi's decision to hold back. And did I ever miss Trezeguet today, Tudor missed a good header, Di Vaio should have scored at the end!

But it's not all over, our chances are pretty much what they were once we learnt the draw, it wasn't gonna be easy.

Good points, Martin. Barca were in truth very poor, and we just seemed to drop to their level of play.

In the first half we had the lions share and then some of the possession, but as soon as we got into the offensive third, we seemed to get nervous or something.

Imo DP had a good first half, but in the second half he just wasn't there, although your right, it would have been tough playing as a lone striker with only Neddy for support.

The Barca goal? Nah, I don't think it was Buffon's fault. He may not have been in the best position, but I think he would have saved Saviola's effort had it not taken that wicked deflection off Montero.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I feel sorry for the ppl who say Lippi should be the next Italian manager as for the upteenth time he has messed up in a big game

This is not medicine after death as i said when i was previewing this match that Lippis selection scares me and he came up with a scorcher

To pLay with a lone striker at home is bad enuff, to play Dp who is not really a striker and is not yet match fit to furrow alone is an absolute nonsense, then to make Nedved who had been doubtful all week as a second striker and play 90 minutes is just madness

£ friends called me to say they have never seen Zambrotta play so well and what does Lippi do, he takes him off, didn't like starting with Tudor in the midfield but he did his best even if he and most of the midfield always passed backwards

Barcelona were there for the taking but the manager just messed us up

We were poor as a spectacle compared to yesterdays game, we should be banned from being filmed on tv as we bore the living daylights out of the viewing public

Well this is what you get really from functional players and I cannot really fault them as they cannot give what they do not have

Zalayeta bless him but he is way out of his depth

Dp was poor compared to his normal self as he was not offside, he was falling or being to casual with his passes but Lippi did him no favours

Nedved was of little use and was clearly unfit

Zambrotta was excellent as was Tacchinardi

Tudor Ferara and Montero performed well

Buffon did well with the crosses but again let himself down with his reaction

Camo did well in patches but hangs on to the ball for too long at times

Barcelona were poor and Lippi has greatly let juventus down as with a bit of ambition we could have won very well

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah and if you see more carefully,,,buffon was waiting the saviola´s shot,, but when it deflected,,,in real time was to far from him,,and he was alerady prepared for the other direction.
just bad luck.

DKNY

Feb 2, 2003
this result does let me feel down...:down:
anyway,GOD BLESS JUVE in the 2nd leg away match:angel:

BTW,any1 there knows whether TREZ w/d be back @ that time or not?:confused:

Juve can not count scores on DI VAIO & SALAYETA,they suck!!!~:fero::fero::fero::devil:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++

I believe you totally. :D I dont agree with anyone who says he sucks despite not watchin the match :D
As Nina said, Davids wasn't as "putbullish" as normal, but he didn't suck by any stretch of the imagination. He was good defensively and his passing and holding up of the ball was good as well.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i have no doubt about it,, but dp is not the main problem, hje did well today,,,but we lacked attack,
we need treze after all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)