juventus and italian world cup heroes (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
its pretty amazing when you think of it and realize that 3 of italy's biggest world cup heroes respresented juventus at some time in their careers.
baggio at usa 94..toto at italia 90...and rossi at spain 82...

which one amongst these three would you call the biggest hero of the trio?
most would probably go for rossi...
personally,id go for baggio,simply bcoz i saw that tournament and i know what it felt like to see someone who wasnt fully fit take italy to the final single handedly...and also because,baggio is probably a greater part of juventus's history than rossi or toto.

hail the divine ponytail:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
id choose rossi as italy actually won the world cup that year.

but i reckon baggio had an overall better tournament than him, as it was basically when he played great the team was unstopable.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
id choose rossi as italy actually won the world cup that year.

but i reckon baggio had an overall better tournament than him, as it was basically when he played great the team was unstopable.

Agreed.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
but what about baresi and massaro? not shifting blame. but i guess he was the best in the world so even if he was injured he should of buried. injured, tired, hot. all good excuses.

im just glad he had the balls 4 years later to score against chile and france in a pk. now thats a hero.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
The problem with Rossi was that he had numerous off-pitch scandals that somehow took the shine off his football a little.

But the team depended on him more than they did on Baggio IMO...so I'd take Paolo Rossi.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
baggio a hero on 94 ? maybe he was, too bad he missed the penalty

He's hardly to blame for that. Given that penalties as we all know are lotteries and the fact that Baggio singlehandedly took Italy to the final in that cup.

Toto was spectacular but unfortunately wasnt quite the man during his time at Juventus.

Rossi again, was the renaissance man, rising from the ashes to accomplish such a magnificent feat.

My pick though: maybe because I was witness to it all: Roberto Baggio.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
well im still dissapointed he missed. hahaha.
but oh well. thats football.he made up for it and thats the main thing.

but we r talking about the player who has scpred the most penalties for juve in its history.

and the player with the best avg of pks scored in serie a. (last time i checked 2002).

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
????
I do not understand the topic?

Ofcourse Rossi!
He won! And he made 6 goals=top world cup scorer -82.

The team ended up in the same group as Brasil and Argentina.
Winning that heroic game against brasil with 3-2.Rossi made the hattrick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)