Juve & The CL ? (1 Viewer)

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
i really couldn't find an answer for this Question :

why we have not win the CL for 10 years ?

i was asking my self what was the reasons . was it :

1-The Luck

2-The palyers

3- The management

4- The Calcio Race

Nooooooo answer yet in my mind !!!!!!!!

just questions ( why- and when) !

Do you Have an answer ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
1)We were not lucky in many games.Against Man Utd in 1999

2)The players may thoght in some games that we were the favourites.Against Dortmund in 1997,against Real in 1998,against Liverpool this year and in other occasions

3)I don't think there wer faults from the management

4)Yes maybe some years we were more focused in the calcio race

That's what I think but the truth is that some years we simply had not so good team.In 2000 and in 2001.

I see something in our team that the other teams don't have.When we knock an other team out we celebrate as we have won the cl.That's mabe not right.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
"I see something in our team that the other teams don't have.When we knock an other team out we celebrate as we have won the cl.That's mabe not right."

Exactly!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We definitely weren't very lucky against Milan in 2003. In order to win the CL at least a bit of luck has to go your way. Two of the last three editions of the competition have been won on penalties and the luck of the draw must also be considered. Porto certainly had a more favourable draw than others when they won the Champions' League.

Hopefully this year will be our year.

OP

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Oooooooooh My God, what ur are talking about Guys ?

Liverpool kicked our ass and celebrated like they won the CL and after that they won the CL !

Dah !!

Do u understand what was the topic ?

i don't think so .

i do not think so

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    There are a number of reasons as to why we haven't won the CL in a decade. Luck is certainly one of them but we haven't always had a good enough squad to win the trophy either. I reckon we do have a good enough squad to win it this time round however so let's hope that Del Piero is the one lifting the trophy come May 2006.

OP

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    There are a number of reasons as to why we haven't won the CL in a decade. Luck is certainly one of them but we haven't always had a good enough squad to win the trophy either. I reckon we do have a good
    i hope so Stuart. but don't you think that we had a good squad after 96 that could win us the CL?

we do !

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++

i hope so Stuart. but don't you think that we had a good squad after 96 that could win us the CL?

we do !
    The squad was strong enough to win the competition in 97 and 98 but not between 1999 and 2001. We weren't good enough in the 03-04 season either.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Bad luck, first and foremost. I don't believe in "luck" per se, but here I'll call luck more of falling into favor with the odds of chance.

A team composition that's better suited for more lengthy, gruelling championships than a single-game-deciding tournament (a good chunk here goes to an less than ideal ability to prepare for big games).

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    Juve is always after the calcio
    and i can remeber when Lippi said he will leave juve if couldnt win the title and he couldnt but he reached the final at least one

what i want to say is that
    juve can win the CL but they have to forget about the calcio, cause calcio IMO is much more difficult to get than CL

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, you guys are saying that it is more difficult to win the Serie A than it is to win the CL?

If so, I think you need to re-evaluate your mental state.
    Winning the Scudetto is something where teams can clearly have more control over their success than they can have in the CL. So in that sense, it's "easier" than the CL. But only if your team is set up to succeed to begin with.

But if your team is not set up for success over the long haul, you're screwed without a way of faking around that fact in the Scudetto campaign. I think it is much more difficult for an inferior team to win the Scudetto than it is for an inferior team to win the CL. The gruelling nature of the Serie A campaign makes it unbearably difficult for 'pretenders' to rise to and stay at the top.

It depends on what you call "difficult" then: is it what separates the big dogs from the pups, or is it a greater dependency on factors that are either fleeting or just more out of your control?

Aug 1, 2003
    Winning the Serie A isnt that hard. Just win over all the small teams and draw with the big ones, and there you have your Scudetto. :D

The saddest fact is not that we havent been doing well in Europe, its the fact that we lost - what, 5 finals out of 7? Talk about being so close yet so far.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
    yeah, think we've all seen at least 3 of those defeats and my god they hurt don't they, don't know if my heart could take another one:sob:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)