Juve earns most in Champions League! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
ZURICH - Juventus is the absolute number one this season when it comes to profits in the UEFA Champions League. The Turin outfit earned € 32.6m, which is over € 2m more than the winners, AC Milan

A surprising number two on the list is German club Borussia Dortmund, who gained € 30.64m despite being eliminated in the second group phase. Peculiar differences like these appear because the market value of the teams plays a big part in calculating their income.

Our clubs have done well, with Ajax earning € 13.87m, Feyenoord earning € 5.81m and PSV earning € 6.5m

Here's a recap of the top three:
Juventus Torino ------ € 32.60m
Borussia Dortmund ---- € 30.64m
AC Milan ------------- € 30.06m

About that last alinea - I got the article from a Dutch newspaper :)

So all in all, we did VERY well in the CL this year, financially, that is!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Just think about what a grand difference it is to compete in the CL as opposed to just watching. A club like Lyon has a budget of €50m, the highest in the league, and our income from the CL this year is more than half their budget. Sure, to us it may be a welcome addition but to smaller clubs, it's absolutely vital. I know the Norwegian league would be a lot more even if Rosenborg didn't pull €5m from the CL each year.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
not bad :thumb:
Let's see where this might be spent:

€ 21.5m for the DV-Camo-Maresca thingy
€ 7.1m for Legro.
and say about € 4+ m for play and staff bonuses.

That's about all of it already spent.
Basically, Juve havn't spent a dime so for this transfer season from the Yearly transfer €€€ they set aside.
i'm sure juve didn't expect to reach the CL Final (In Fact, i read that their official expectation is always set to the second group phase). So this means that Juve most likely already put aside extra €€€ for completeing the DV-Camo thing.

In other Words, i expect juve to make at least one Big signing this offseason.

This of course isn't counting the sponsorship deals, TV rights, and prize (if there is such) for winning the scudetto.

Also, i forgot about the stadium plans...this is the factor that makes me think that juve won't spend much at all in the transfer market.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    not bad :thumb:
    Let's see where this might be spent:

€ 21.5m for the DV-Camo-Maresca thingy
    € 7.1m for Legro.
    and say about € 4+ m for play and staff bonuses.

That's about all of it already spent.
    Basically, Juve havn't spent a dime so for this transfer season from the Yearly transfer €€€ they set aside.
    i'm sure juve didn't expect to reach the CL Final (In Fact, i read that their official expectation is always set to the second group phase). So this means that Juve most likely already put aside extra €€€ for completeing the DV-Camo thing.

In other Words, i expect juve to make at least one Big signing this offseason.

This of course isn't counting the sponsorship deals, TV rights, and prize (if there is such) for winning the scudetto.

Also, i forgot about the stadium plans...this is the factor that makes me think that juve won't spend much at all in the transfer market.
    Yeah you're right, that damned stadium is gonna cost us! How I hate that dump..!

Also - Moggi, to me, sounds like the type that would put away that extra amount of money they earned for worse times...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    From where did they calculate that? I mean if it was for gate receipts I doubt it as Barcellona/Real would probably get the most. And it cannot be just through who advanced most, since Dortmund is in that list.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    From where did they calculate that? I mean if it was for gate receipts I doubt it as Barcellona/Real would probably get the most. And it cannot be just through who advanced most, since Dortmund is in that list.
    `

These are susposedly the amounts that UEFA handed to the clubs for participating. It does NOT include ticket money etc.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    I mean if it was for gate receipts I doubt it as Barcellona/Real would probably get the most.
    Agree .. it couldn't be from gate receipts .. but I guess it has to do alot with TV rights .. I mean millions of TV viewers would have watched Juve's matches in the quarter-final against Barcelona and the semi-final against R. Madrid .. Juve played the strongest teams during those 2-legged matches .. so maybe tha's why they got more money than Milan who played against Ajax in the quarter and Inter in the semi (not much interest outside of Italy, against the other semi between Juve-Real) ..

juve lord

May 12, 2003
    thats not a big problem..... let Delle Alpi costs us now... & we all are sure that the fans will fill it when they be able to see the playground clearly..... & then the tickets prices will earn more than that ..

don't u think !!!

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

The good news is that the land and property is still there (Delle Alpi) we only need to revamp it and do the adjusments to it which still costs alot but much less than buying the land and building from scartch like Arsenal are planning to do .. they are giving Wenger a hard time now in transfers which is really annoying to Arsenal's fans .. it is reported that he can only spend around 10 million on players, knowing that he desperately needs at least a first choice GK to replace Seaman and a good defender ..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh right tv rights. That does make sense considering that juve are the most followed team in europe (15m fans). Still didn't know Dortmund had that many fans, but then again they played Real and Milan which must have attracted alot of tv viewers.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #14
    Hi, hello, how are you? Just thought I'd repeat myself cause I think everyone missed this comment:

++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    These are susposedly the amounts that UEFA handed to the clubs for participating. It does NOT include ticket money etc.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Why would UEFA hand Dortmund more money than say Madrid?? According to UEFA, they are among the second group of seeds for next season ..

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #16
    ;)

A surprising number two on the list is German club Borussia Dortmund, who gained € 30.64m despite being eliminated in the second group phase. Peculiar differences like these appear because the market value of the teams plays a big part in calculating their income.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Don't ask me - I just repeat what I heard :D
    :D

No worries, Erik ;)

But I think this report is precise as it gives actual numbers .. it's just that I'm not so sure the reasons behind the earnings are explained well :undecide: ..

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Thank god!!

Just reading the topic I thought somebody was bringing up that "Juve sold the game to Milan" rumour again...:fero:

I'm happy if Juve had got some big cash. Something positive to heal our wounds....

:frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)