Judgement Day - May 21st 2011 (1 Viewer)

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #42
    We picked up a pamphlet in Union Square to see why so many people are talking about the world ending on May 21, 2011.

It turns out the theory comes down to two numerological proofs.

The first proof is based on Genesis 7:4, when God said to Noah: "Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

When God referred to seven days, he meant both seven days and seven thousand years, because "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." The flood occurred in 4990 BC. Seven thousand years later is 2011.

The second proof looks at the significance of the number of days between the Crucifixion and May 21, 2011.

There are 722,500 days between these dates. 722,500 is a significant number because it is composed of the significant numbers 5x10x17x5x10x17. Five signifies redemption; ten signifies completion; and 17 signifies heaven. The numbers represent the day of redemption (5) and the end of the Christian era (10) and the ascent to heaven (17) -- and these factors are doubled for added significance.

We'll know for sure soon.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/end-of-world-may-21-2011-4#ixzz1Ma1mWQs9

It was nice to know you all :dule:

What will you be doing? Personally getting wasted sounds like a good idea
    Classic cherry-picking. They pick out the stuff that suits their theory and ignore contradictory stuff. Matthew 24:36 claims only God knows this date, and no man or angel in heaven does!

http://bible.cc/matthew/24-36.htm

Can I get a confirmatory BLOOM here?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Is there a real bookie event on whether this day will actually be the Rapture? Because if so, bet all your money against it. If it really is the rapture, you're dead anyway. But if not, you make made loot off these morons.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    We picked up a pamphlet in Union Square to see why so many people are talking about the world ending on May 21, 2011.

It turns out the theory comes down to two numerological proofs.

The first proof is based on Genesis 7:4, when God said to Noah: "Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

When God referred to seven days, he meant both seven days and seven thousand years, because "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." The flood occurred in 4990 BC. Seven thousand years later is 2011.
    This from the same people who think the universe is 4,000 years old and that God planted fossils to deliberately play carbon-dating and geological tricks on our scientists.

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #46
    Don't know about a real one, but we should definitely make a vBookie event.

I wonder what the odds will be for each outcome.

@Greg: I already posted why they can't predict the date of the Rapture.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Is there a real bookie event on whether this day will actually be the Rapture? Because if so, bet all your money against it. If it really is the rapture, you're dead anyway. But if not, you make made loot off these morons.
    It's a classic sucker's bet, because who's gonna collect if you're wrong?

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
    World gonna end on a certain day 21st of may? According to the bible?:lol: how many times does that thing get changed?:lol: old testament, new testament?:lol: that thing has about creditability as tuttoshit:lol: take Cbeebies more seriously:lol:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Couldn't resist and calculated, yeah, the numbers are pretty right , you could even tell the exact time - I'd put my money on 21:43:20 PM. That's of course if im right about the fact that Crucifiction happened on 12 am, I remember something about the noon mentioned in Bible. But there are three big problems here.

1st - Nothing in the Bible shows that Crucifiction happened on the date we celebrate Easter.
    2nd - Book of Revelation, which talks about this day the most, isn't actually mathematic/numerology-friendly.
    3rd - What Sheikh said about no-one knowing the exact date.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    @Greg

Does Blondie have an integral role in the upcoming rapture?

I figure I'd direct this to you since you would be the only one to get it

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #56
    Got this from Wiki:

Some notable rapture predictions include the following:

1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. The realization that the predictions were incorrect resulted in a Great Disappointment. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement. The Baha'is believe that Christ did return as Miller predicted in 1844, with the advent of The Báb, and numerous Miller-like prophetic predictions from many religions are given in William Sears book, Thief in The Night.[57]
    1914[58], 1918[59], 1925[60], 1942[61] - Dates set for the end by the Jehovah's Witnesses
    1981 - Chuck Smith predicted that Jesus would probably return by 1981.[62]
    1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
    1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
    1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.[63]
    1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
    1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 6, 1994.[64]
    2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.[65][66]

:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)