Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (11 Viewers)

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
Ranieri was in exsactly the same situation in Chelsea.
After Abramovic took over the club, averyone knew he was going to be replaced at the end of the year.
Club kept denaying it but did it anyway at the end of the season.
Its very bed for a club to change manager just months after his apointment.
Thats why I believe Ranieri will be given untill the end of the year.
But even if he gets us into the Champions league, I think he will be replaced.

If I was a betting man, I would bet on Lippi takeing over at the end of the season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As much as I'd love Mourinho to arrive I don't want Ranieri to leave on bad terms. Also I don't want Ranieri to resign under pressure.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Blog: Juve Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has already indicated that his next job is likely to be in Italy, and while Inter have allegedly made contact and Milan appear in greatest need of inspiration, Steve Wilson thinks there is only one suitable destination
It seems to be the story you cannot escape at the moment in football circles. While Milan’s malaise may be giving Carlo Ancelotti sleepless nights and the rumours circulate about an imminent £8m-a-year deal from Inter, for me there is only one club for Jose Mourinho – Juventus. Granted the Bianconeri have a deal with Claudio Ranieri through to 2010, but I just don’t see him as the man to restore the Old Lady to her place as Italy’s top team.

Being edged out to make way for Mourinho a second time may seem a little harsh on the Tinkerman, but the Turin-based outfit and the charismatic Iberian are made for each other. The club might well be attempting to build a better reputation and make friends, but let’s face it – they will never be the good guys and an arrogant, abrasive and even at times obnoxious Coach would really restore them to their place as the club Italians love to hate.

Why is he perfect for the job? Juventus are a club that reeks of grandeur and legendary class – just how Jose would describe himself. Juventus are a club looking to recapture the glory days, just as Porto and Chelsea were when he arrived at their doors. They are a club who see the European Cup as the Holy Grail and Mourinho knows the way to that particular success. They are a club who have long courted Chelsea’s Frank Lampard and the appointment of the Portuguese boss would raise their chances of finally achieving that objective.

Of course, how exactly Ranieri would be removed is the thorn in the side of this proposal. With nobody really expecting a championship from the Zebrette this season, only a finish outside of the top four would be deemed a real failure. He seems an amiable soul too, so a Didier Deschamps style falling out with his superiors seems unlikely. Anyhow, action is needed fast given Mourinho’s plans for a quick return to the game and the San Siro clubs, in all likelihood, also toying with the idea of bringing in 'the Special One’.

The question of how to dispose of Ranieri is not the only stumbling block though. The problems between Deschamps and the board suggest an out of the frying pan into the fire situation, and Jose certainly wouldn’t want to be stuck with another meddling board. But surely a suitable deal could be thrashed out to appease both parties. With such a rare chance to capture the services of a red-hot manager it would be entirely understandable for them to make a ruthless and sensational move.

I really dislike this current trend of knee-jerk managerial dismissals – consistency is paramount for a club hoping to create a dynasty. But on this occasion I would sanction such a brutally unwarranted axing in order to secure the club a potentially golden future. If he is going to be coming to Serie A in the coming months it is going to take a controversial move at one of the big three, and if that bombshell falls at Juventus the tears for Ranieri will soon pass.

channel 4

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Id love to see Murinho in Juve. He is probably one of the only coaches in the world who makes the lineup based on the performance, instead of name quality.

It would suit juve, since we have a lot of more potential players than we use in our starting 11.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
we cant sack raineri now...if we hire mourinho than we shouldnt had to hire raineri at first and given him contract until 2010....we cant make the same mistake again as we did with DD....

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
It seems it's a group orgasm :D
:D

part of me wants Ranieri to start failing miserably so Jose would come.
In all honesty,i think all Juventus fans,or most atleast,would hope that Ranieri fucks it up soon so we can get Jose.No offence to people who genuinly want Ranieri to stay,but i think most such people are just trying to be nice to the tinkerman.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Spot on salman. I'm still giving him the benefit of a doubt, but in all honesty I still believe he's not made for a top club like Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)